Featured Posts

ryanripley

oh wow Vanity is a masterpiece :giveup: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

I'm going to speak just about the music because I'm pretty sure people will cover charts, lady gaga and that stuff.

I don't know if I'm the only one who felt this way about the album but it was a disappointment. As a Christina Aguilera fan, I feel like I got my expectations way too high about Bionic and it didn't deliver. When she said she was working with Ladytron and Goldfrapp I believed it'd be an amazing album, very experimental. I wish she'd had taken Birds of Prey as the base sound and go from there. It was a sin to put that song as a bonus track AND Little Dreamer as iTunes exclusive.

The album had way too many unnecessary tracks like I Hate Boys, Vanity, DesnĂșdate, Bobblehead. The lyrics were also very silly and cringy, especially on the tracks I just mentioned. I didn't really care about charts or the Lady Gaga comparisons at that time because I grew up listening to her so I was excited that she was coming up with an electronic album. I was already a big fan of Gaga at that time so I wasn't bothered.

Anyway, I have a love/hate relationship with Bionic because I know Christina could've done something better but maybe her label pushed her to make it more commercial and maybe she scrapped a lot of material, we will never know.

Mr S

The answer really is Lady Gaga.

In addition, as with all Xtina albums, she has some great stuff and also lots of crap. She wants to be this artistic visionary but she just doesn't know how to execute it. She is also generally not very likeable so in that sense she does have to work a bit harder. I also think her voice is too harsh for that type of music.

I loved "You Lost Me" and "Lift Me Up".

Chickens in Malibu

Bionic was really a good album. Not Myself Tonight is much better than her recent singles.

Bionic gave us Christina's BEST SONG EVER: You Lost Me... That song is simply magical

I think the Media destroyed the album as simple as that. They were constantly accusing her of copying Gaga. And most pop listeners were more interested in Gaga at the time anyway, so Bionic was overshadowed by The Fame and The Fame Monster.

culturalbaptism
3 hours ago, sipthistea said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4332213

Birds Of Prey sounds pretty much experimental.

tenor.gif?itemid=4833647

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Successfulga said:

Birds Of Prey sounds pretty much experimental.

tenor.gif?itemid=4833647

i love that song

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

sipthistea
17 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i love that song

Birds of Prey is by far the best on the album. It deserved a place on the standard version and the whole album should have been based on that type of song. 

whore
6 hours ago, dynamite said:

The lead was ... underwhelming, flat

Nothing caught my eye

Underwhelming??? That song still has me shook, I use it whenever I’m in the mood to belt :giveup:

Economy

She didn't release in 4 years so that maybe didn't help

Her lead single wasn't mainstream sounding at all even tho I loved it (and the video is awesome)

Just u know, stuff that can get in the way of a song being a hit

Easy
6 hours ago, Antonoff said:

Back when Sia was an underground artist :toofunny:

Katsuki Bakugo

Because trash

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

kabirartfling

I love this album, one of my favourites, while it lacks on substance, and honest moments it is still very intense with feeling confident and sexy, alot like how ARTPOP is to me tbh.

The album is so danceable with upbeat crazy songs like bionic,not myself, elastic love, vanity, I hate boys, glam, my girls, & *primadonna*.

While I just recently heard birds of prey, and I was blown away, it's like a poem. 

The album ,hit or flop deserves to be heard by music lovers to experience the mind of very powerful women at her prime.

Give your love to me

dynamite
6 hours ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Underwhelming??? That song still has me shook, I use it whenever I’m in the mood to belt :giveup:

Not Myself Tonight was the lead wasn't it? (Did I get it wrong?)

I mean it's ok after a while but it really feels .. demo-ey to me aha

I just listened now and it is cool ;p

Green Detox
12 hours ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

90f371d2e8211c39f9dc2484e97178df.giftumblr_mr72k0JT311qd8zg3o1_250.gif

Literally me explaining ARTPOP

MaryJaneHolland
10 hours ago, ryanripley said:

oh wow Vanity is a masterpiece :giveup: 

It's my favorite Xtina song :huntyga:

Archived