Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

What do the LMs think about grace jones shading gaga

Bloodyjack

Featured Posts

Bloodyjack

For some reason I was reminded of this situation today and since it probably gaga she speaks of with that Doris person I wanted the LMs opinion. I personally think the situation is ridiculous if she is talking about Gaga. I love miss Jones and think she is a fantastic visionary artist with killer looks and voice but she seriously needs to get real here. For 1: Madge over took her by miles when it came to fame and pop culture popularity so if gaga was gonna copy anyone it would be Madge. For 2: where are the receipts :trollga:. For 3: gaga has stated in many interviews that she highly respects her and sights her as an inspiration so if she is copying her it would be in a honourable, respectful, fan girlish type way and I  think grace should be honoured and stop sounding so bitter. Anyways before I bursed a blood vessel...😤😤.

What do you guys think:giggle:

Javier Gallo

I think Grace's opinion comes from jealousy. Gaga took inspiration from her but musically, Gaga has always been different, and then Gaga evolved visually. Grace is just jealous of how she is still relevant and making money without shitting on other artists. 

freebit

Grace is kind of Azealia-ish IMO - super egotistical, kind of delusional, and gets super angry when she thinks someone is copying her (she got super territorial over the hooded disco aesthetic, when that is actually a famous Halston design, and she wasn't the only one to wear that look). She also tried to claim Gaga was begging her for a collaboration, and this was refuted by her own brother. I respect her contributions to music and culture, but she's SO bitter. Personally, I think this all comes from a fear of being forgotten as an artist. 

GypsyBabe

Huge ego’s and pride are never cute. :reductive:

⚯͛

Bloodyjack
18 minutes ago, freebit said:

Grace is kind of Azealia-ish IMO - super egotistical, kind of delusional, and gets super angry when she thinks someone is copying her (she got super territorial over the hooded disco aesthetic, when that is actually a famous Halston design, and she wasn't the only one to wear that look). She also tried to claim Gaga was begging her for a collaboration, and this was refuted by her own brother. I respect her contributions to music and culture, but she's SO bitter. Personally, I think this all comes from a fear of being forgotten as an artist. 

Azealia ISH lool😂😂

Bloodyjack
2 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

Shes in a decent Bond movie, so.

I loved that movie

PunkTheFunk

Grace Jones? I just could not find a soul. I come from church, maybe that has something to do with it. I just didn't feel a soul.

SolidSnake
Just now, Bloodyjack said:

I loved that movie

The theme song is FIRE 

dit

I think Grace Jones is an amazing artist and a legend. Her shading Gaga doesn't change that imo. I think she might have felt a moment of insecurity with her Gaga shade. Yes Gaga is/was heavily inspired by her fashion but Gaga always cited the source of her inspiration so Grace shouldn't have been offended. 

River

Huge ego in a small head..

And I have a phobia of people with a small head.. like Zelena Gomes

Spoiler

nah, she's great, she made her impact in history, especially for the community.. everyone can have a bad opinion about Gaga..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

SolidSnake

To be serious people can have bad opinions about Gaga as long as its a constructive criticism and not something that brings nothing to the table (like Madonna's weak ass criticism) 

Bloodyjack
3 minutes ago, dit said:

I think Grace Jones is an amazing artist and a legend. Her shading Gaga doesn't change that imo. I think she might have felt a moment of insecurity with her Gaga shade. Yes Gaga is/was heavily inspired by her fashion but Gaga always cited the source of her inspiration so Grace shouldn't have been offended. 

Agreed like if gaga never mentioned grace then fair enough but she always cited her as a big inspiration

Archived