"Madonna stopped being interesting 15 years ago"

The Bling

Featured Posts

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
culturalbaptism
8 hours ago, Fiona Apple said:

Stop being so delusional lol... Gaga is not the center of the universe.. Madonna did not record entire albums as a response to Gaga :rip: 

She's not the center of the universe. But Gaga really shook Madonna. And I'm not saying every single song is about Gaga or whatever. I'm saying overall. :toofunny:

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Fiona Apple
1 hour ago, Successfulga said:

She's not the center of the universe. But Gaga really shook Madonna. And I'm not saying every single song is about Gaga or whatever. I'm saying overall. :toofunny:

.No lyrics are about Gaga.Nothing was said about Gaga related to the album.The sound is not close to what Gaga was doing..

Of course you have the right to believe whatever you want,I just don't get why you would say something like that.

culturalbaptism
1 hour ago, Fiona Apple said:

.No lyrics are about Gaga.Nothing was said about Gaga related to the album.The sound is not close to what Gaga was doing..

Of course you have the right to believe whatever you want,I just don't get why you would say something like that.

Because it is true. Before Gaga she was working with Timbaland. As soon as Gaga changes the industry with an electronic sound, Madonna releases MDNA. Let me also point out how MDNA was a celebration of her career. Taking cues from her eras in most songs, as if she was threatened by Gaga and wanted to show her importance.

Fiona Apple
Just now, Successfulga said:

Because it is true. Before Gaga she was working with Timbaland. As soon as Gaga changes the industry with an electronic sound Madonna releases MDNA. Let me also point out how MDNA was a celebration of her career. Taking cues from her oldes eras in most songs, as if she was threatened by Gaga and wanted to show her importance.

Ok I'll stop the conversation here cause I dont want WPs

culturalbaptism
1 minute ago, Fiona Apple said:

Ok I'll stop the conversation here cause I dont want WPs

I don't know why would you get a warning point when we're having a healthy discussion on topic. But alright. And I know most people here still blindly hate Madonna but that's not my case. I love Madonna. She's really important to pop culture. I own most of her albums (not in a hurry to get MDNA and Rebel Heart). I'm just being real.

Antichrist
On 5/9/2018 at 6:05 PM, Luxe Ford said:

Methinks the journo doth protest too much.

That woman has lost impact, but not that much and 15 years is a stretch. I liked 'Hollywood' and I liked the video. Maybe because I think Mondino is a genius, but I think the message is still prevailing today. A word: Epione.

And if she has no impact WHY DO YOU WRITE AN ARTICLE ON HER???

Not a huge fan, but j'accuse!

fffffffffffffffffffsssssssssssssssssssss THIS :tony:

Mister Gaga
On 9/5/2018 at 1:27 PM, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I think Rebel Heart was interesting. It brought back a more artistic Madonna that was lost on Hard Candy and MDNA. While not the best album (but certainly not the worst), Rebel Heart showed a glimmer of hope that the artist Madonna is still there.

For this next album she has to NOT reflect on her life and career. She did a lot of that on Rebel Heart and prior too. She's gotta look forward with this next album, not behind. I'm really interested to see what she's gonna bring to the table with this new album. Especially because of Trump. Artists are most creative in times like these. Madonna has spent 35 years preaching and bringing ideas to society that are everything Trump isn't. I want to see her go toe to toe with him on a song. She has nothing to lose here. Radio won't play her because she's "old" any way. So f*ck trying to be a chart topper Madonna and let America have the album it needs.

giphy.webp

Fiona Apple
41 minutes ago, Successfulga said:

I don't know why would you get a warning point when we're having a healthy discussion on topic. But alright. And I know most people here still blindly hate Madonna but that's not my case. I love Madonna. She's really important to pop culture. I own most of her albums (not in a hurry to get MDNA and Rebel Heart). I'm just being real.

Are you though? :rip: Sis,electronic pop music was ALREADY extremely big in 2008-2009.MDNA was released in 2012.More than 100 mainstream pop electronic albums were released between the rise of electronic music (that didn't really happen because of Gaga but ok.Gaga just jumped on the trend at the RIGHT moment) and Madonna's MDNA album.. Since that was the trendy sound of the era,I don't see how it's weird or related to Gaga that Madonna decided to follow that sound.

I am not sure about what MDNA's concept is.Cause the lyrics really don't talk about her career and her achievements.But even if it was about her overall success,it would still not be related to Gaga directly.It would be related to Madonna's overall insecurities about her decline or simply the fact that she wants to celebrate all of her hard work over the years.

Madonna worked with Timbaland for 1 ALBUM.She always changes her collaborators so it's not strange that she did that for MDNA as well.It's not like she worked with Timbaland for her entire career and changed it to compete with Gaga.

I believe you that you are not a Madonna hater or anything but I think it's pretty obvious that all of your reasoning about why MDNA is about Gaga is random when examined objectively. You can still have your opinion but acting like your assumption is a "fact" or something "real" is not right.

culturalbaptism
7 minutes ago, Fiona Apple said:

Are you though? :rip: Sis,electronic pop music was ALREADY extremely big in 2008-2009.MDNA was released in 2012.More than 100 mainstream pop electronic albums were released between the rise of electronic music (that didn't really happen because of Gaga but ok.Gaga just jumped on the trend at the RIGHT moment) and Madonna's MDNA album.. Since that was the trendy sound of the era,I don't see how it's weird or related to Gaga that Madonna decided to follow that sound.

I am not sure about what MDNA's concept is.Cause the lyrics really don't talk about her career and her achievements.But even if it was about her overall success,it would still not be related to Gaga directly.It would be related to Madonna's overall insecurities about her decline or simply the fact that she wants to celebrate all of her hard work over the years.

Madonna worked with Timbaland for 1 ALBUM.She always changes her collaborators so it's not strange that she did that for MDNA as well.It's not like she worked with Timbaland for her entire career and changed it to compete with Gaga.

I believe you that you are not a Madonna hater or anything but I think it's pretty obvious that all of your reasoning about why MDNA is about Gaga is random when examined objectively. You can still have your opinion but acting like your assumption is a "fact" or something "real" is not right.

You have good points but Madonna was threatened, otherwise she wouldn't call Gaga "reductive".

Fiona Apple
59 minutes ago, Successfulga said:

You have good points but Madonna was threatened, otherwise she wouldn't call Gaga "reductive".

Oh she was bitter towards Gaga.No doubts about that

Antichrist
On 10. 5. 2018 at 5:27 AM, PunkTheFunk said:

She's going to explode into her 90s

i love you :air:

dlioncourt91
On 5/10/2018 at 1:39 PM, Successfulga said:

"It feels reductive."

Unless Gaga is an it, she was referring to the song. :trollga:

Maleficent

ROL, Music, and AL are M’s Holy Trinity in my opinion. While I don’t think she’s become “uninteresting” she’s been paying it safe to an extent... I was really hoping RH would bring some darker themes (especially the Rebel side of the album). I think Madonna is at her best when she’s talking about life and not sex/romantic love (songs like Ray Of Light, Don’t Tell Me, Intervention, Drowned World)

Archived