sales

Tidal accused of manipulating Kanye West and Beyoncé's numbers

DelusionalGaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa

I mean, they have contracts with the artists themselves so I'm not exactly surprised.

FameHookah

of course, everything about beyonce and jay z is fake and overhyped as always, they're shady af, idk if the Illuminati is real but these two are doing shady stuff behind the curtains for sure.

WTF is MDNA

Easy

I have 2 Tidal accounts I have never streamed Lemonade more than 10 times on them. I’m pretty sure many more Tidal users out there haven’t listened to Lemonade or TLOP at all. No matter how they gon explain this, we all know how heterosexual the numbers are :ladyhaha:

River

It was kinda obvious :laughga:

Those numbers were so unrealistic compare to the people who are using this service..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Easy
3 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Does this mean Madonna's new album will outsell LG6?

If it’s a Tidal exclusive, it will outsell LG6789 combined but slightly less than Lemonade coz Jay-Z will make sure his wife is the one with the most hype. :toofunny:

highlikegaga

i've got those "hundred million false plays" to listen awaaaay

but baby i just need one real one to stay

EDIT:

"Tidal claimed that West’s album The Life of Pablo had been streamed 250 million times in its first 10 days, and that Beyoncé’s album Lemonade garnered 306 million streams in its first 15 days. At the time, Tidal reported 3 million subscribers, meaning that every subscriber would have been playing the albums nearly a dozen times a day"

giphy.gif

EDIT EDIT:

"Midia Research analyst Mark Mulligan also said Tidal’s active subscriber count, based on its revenue, could not be higher than 1 million."

giphy.gif

Also, Beyonce needs to release Lemonade on Apple Music ASAP

Jan Stevens

Bey and Jay are fraud and need to be prosecuted :triggered:  

The Killers - Sufjan Stevens - The National - Utada Hikaru - Lady Gaga - Carly Rae Jepsen

Sirius094

Having millions of streams on Tidal is like having millions of $$$ on Monopoly. Same logic, same usefulness :shrug: They inflate their numbers to make Beyoncé/Kanye west/WhoeverIsOnTidal seem relevant.

Pem Pem Perempem Pem Pem Pem

Anduin

But their streaming numbers are kinda weak so ... It doesn’t make sense at all. 

Babel

Inb4 Rolling Stone and everyone that believe this are racist 

Inb4 basic math is racist 

Kimblue
7 minutes ago, Triggered said:

Inb4 Rolling Stone and everyone that believe this are racist 

Inb4 basic math is racist 

People already were blaming racism in the comments on RS tweet about this.:madge:

Archived