• Last Reply
Green Detox
55 minutes ago, Dunk96 said:

Super self-absorbed title honestly.

She earned it. She’s the queen in her rap league 

culturalbaptism
6 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

Yikes.
Your issue with it would've been valid if it didn't sound like you were just completely bitter at the 2010s generation of artists. We get it Janet, Madonna, Tina, Cher, etc. are icons, but sorry technically not everyone is gonna like them. Although I love Janet & Madonna out of the ones you listed. 
Times are changing honey, you sound like old rap fans who are angry about people like Migos, Future, are the mainstream now.

I mean, the standards are lower than ever. It's natural to feel sad or angry about it. I'm checking the album but I do think it is highly delusional of Nicki to name herself as "Queen".

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

misunderstood
6 minutes ago, Successfulga said:

I mean, the standards are lower than ever. It's natural to feel sad or angry about it. I'm checking the album but I do think it is highly delusional of Nicki to name herself as "Queen".

To each their own, I just think it sounds like a typical bitter old head of music response, lol.

The album is called Queen.

Not “I’m The Queen”

Not “The Queen is Me”

Not “My Name is Queen”

Not “Only Queen is Me”

Not “Queen of Everything”

Not “Queen of Rap”

just “Queen”

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

chiuga

announcing her new album at a fashion event? does she even know what she's doing?

Stephen

I think it's a cool title. She IS the queen of current female rap. Cardi is hot right now but popularity today doesn't mean longevity tomorrow. Nicki is still the queen and she's cementing her legacy with this album title. Point blank. Now let's just hope the music lives up to the title!

Bebe

Run-D.M.C - Crown Royal 
Will Smith - Born to Reign
Jay Z/Kanye - Watch The Throne
Kanye - Yeezus
T.I - King
Childish Gambino - R O Y A L T Y

That's just a few rap albums at the top of my head that reference either being a King or a God. Let's not get our knickers in a twist because Nicki Minaj called her album 'Queen' :smh: 

DiscoHeaven23

Honestly, 

It sounds like a very insecure title.

It's a little too coincidental that she felt the need to name her album this, around the same time that Cardi has taken over the nation as the new "IT" girl. It's like she's trying to be like, "DON'T FORGET I"M THE QUEEN, I STILL EXIST"

Babel
1 hour ago, chiuga said:

announcing her new album at a fashion event? does she even know what she's doing?

Last time someone did the same it went great remember? :bon: 

gallery-1493684956-katy2.jpg

Nicki's music is great af. Haters can go to hell. She'll still be successful af, and rich af, and bomb af. And where will you be sis? Taking orders at your local McDonalds, saving your coins to buy QUEEN on June 15th!

gif-61.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1

HookerOnAChurch

Poor Xtina. I don't see Liberation oversell Queen. 

ordinarynam1310

So it's over for Legend X then.

And a self-titled album would sound better. ONIKA sounds great

Archived