💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

At what point did gaga...

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music

loose the attention of the GP. I'm talking like The Fame Monster era level of GP support. What was the thing where it went downhill, in your opinion.  

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Mirrion Rizzons

the you and I era

everyone was talking about Jo but people thought she went too far (also with judas. The reason she lost some radio support in the USA)

then that overexposure caused MTN to flop

then bam, she was gone until august 2012 and people were talking about her perfume

then a few months later it was a blackout again

then she broke her hip but by march, again a blackout

She regained interest from Aug 2013 - December 2013 but way less than TFM

then C2C happened etc

bloody g

Judas for the US, C2C for Europe. She disappeared after DWUW in Europe and hasn't come back yet after 5 years.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

monster4life231

Judas tbh, although she did peak with Applause. I remember being so excited when I saw the lyric video and then people start to make YouTube parodies, and it was on the radio often. Do What You Want was also played on the radio often but slowly faded away. After that, it all changed. Perfect illusion was on the radio a fair bit too, but most people around me didn’t even know it was her singing it. 

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Inferno

Born This Way the single. Its success boomed because of her hype but at the end of the day its the single that officially divided everyone on her imo whether it be lgbtq+ people that didn't agree with its message or her giving it or people that thought of it as the official straw in her being like madonna, people thinking it was a disappointment or too corny, etc. everyone just went off. i feel like because its so successful on paper everyone (monsters) kind of dont credit it it with being that defining moment in her career where some people were just like nah im over it. Because the attitude that BTW created in some people is the reason why songs like Judas or You and I or whatever werent as big as they could have/should have been. After BTW's negative press it kind of gave people the green light to be negative about her.

SwissMonster

Well ARTPOP was still a thing in Europe. So I guess over here it was C2C + Joanne following wich made people forget her. Don’t get me wrong, I love Joanne but it didn’t had really an impact in Europe. Also I know that many GP People having tickets for the JWT where really pissed after the second cancellation and said they will never go to a Gaga show ever. So it seems like the GP loose is still continuing over here since ARTPOP 

If she wanna please us and most importantly herself she can do what she want for LG6. But if she wants the GP she needs a big Pop Bop.

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Moo

A catalogue of errors really, there was no single cause. 

Judas was a misstep, but not catestorphic. HML/MTN or TEOG would’ve made better 2nd singles. 

She could’ve recovered from Judas if TEOG had a proper video and the messy release didnt happen. This was another mistake. 

Jo Calderone (as much as I love this character) did seem a little try-hard. Like she was running out of ideas for how to stay in the headlines. I think people took it the wrong way. 

MTN was released way too soon, video was a mess (for the average viewer).

Basically whole BTW era was mismanaged. One she certainly could’ve recovered from if ARTPOP had been governed properly and didn’t use the pretentious “high art” rhetoric which just came across as dillusional. 

FAME perfume was cute, but started to seem like she was in it for the money and the whole “i want to smell like a slut” + blood and semen thing added to the attention-seeking issue she’s built since Judas and Jo Calderone. 

Applause was good, but not big enough to recover her from the mistakes of BTW. I think either DWUW (solo, obviously), or Gypsy would’ve been better leads to gain her more respect. DWUW as it’s a little more of a flashback early 2000s reggae pop song, or Gypsy as it’s more relatable and appealing than Applause. 

Obviously the DWUW/Venus/Tory mess that destroyed ARTPOP didn’t help.

if ARTPOP had been managed properly, the mistakes made during BtW could’ve been recovered. Sadly ARTPOP only made things worse...

After that she obviously got into other ventures, hence that level of fame was lost. I very much doubt she’ll get it back

Also, she’s been totally vacant from Europe since DWUW, and her last real hit here was TEOG... that’s seven years absence. Joanne was really her now or never for coming back. It lowkey feels like an Xtina tea were she’s disappeared for most the decade. Like Jessie J, people know her for her big early success, but has slowly faded into the background  

Mirrion Rizzons
1 minute ago, DiamondFart said:

video was a mess

:triggered:

SHALLOW

So y’all are blaming BTW now and not ARTPOP. I’m surprised. You’re making progress. :derpga:

ryanripley

the people who track her chart figures etc usually point to Alejandro as the beginning of the end since it didn't just happen over night

whilst she was still popular BTW the song was a risk (that succeeded very well) however following that up with Judas was just a bad idea and throwing on top the easter controversy was basically whacking the nails into the coffin with a sledge hammer

then in 2012 the media started to turn and she would get really messy on twitter and ultimately, the blackout from her hip surgery came and nobody was sympathetic about it and the media was in full force anti-gaga so troy took the cowards route out and abandoned ship

thankfully, bobby has undone the worst of troy's damage and the only thing he really needs to do now is get gaga a real hit. whilst MR was heavily promoted and considered a mild hit, the Joanne era promo was mainly US based so she's basically spent the past couple of years rebranding on one of the biggest music markets but depending on their aims, their focus ought to be WW now and boosting her streaming numbers because whilst people do like her again, not enough are streaming for her to be on the same level as her peers

edit: also TFM/BTW/ARTPOP were badly managed eras, TF was fine until they killed off Paparazzi and Joanne was thankfully mostly drama free but they still did a single switch :neyde: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Luxe Ford

Apart from Judas and all the so called good Christians in America, the massive overexposure of her nuclear fabulosity just got too much for the lesser consumers of pop culture to stomach.

Then after hipgate and the blackout she came back, after having studied art books en masse while inundated by a high steady state plasma concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol, with her weirdness factor at minimum squared.

Ignorant people just can't take that level of messianic genius.

LADY GAGA: ONLY FOR THE HEADSTRONG! 

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Moo
4 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

:triggered:

I love the video honey. But no causal viewer is going to sit through 9 monologue before the song actually starts...

SamJ

Judas didnt damage her, because The Edge Of Glory came after and is an iconic classic. Applause didnt help, she could have released anything and it would have done as well as applause because of how big she was then. I love the video for applause but the song isnt a strong gaga single especially for a lead it was too weak i think not catchy enough too jagged sounding. Dwuw had potential but with no video that flopped. I know it did decent but for Lady Gagas second single from ARTPOP dwuw flopped. Since then she hasnt released a single worthy of much radio support until the cure. 

Inferno
5 minutes ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

So y’all are blaming BTW now and not ARTPOP. I’m surprised. You’re making progress. :derpga:

Originally people did blame BTW, its just that a lot of people hopped off this forum over the years lol and what remains are mostly BTW and ARTPOP stans so they're a little less inclined to be negative about either eras

Archived