💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

What Happened with I Wanna Be With U?

Sylvanas

Featured Posts

Sylvanas

Honestly, why did she change it to Dope. I was active in the fan base at the time and I don't even remember. I think there were rumors that it was Interscope's involvement. Can anyone shed some light on this? 

By the way, how ****ing sad was it when she sang Dope at the last artRAVE and then started going into IWBWU... you can tell how much the song meant to her and honestly the fact that she was breaking down singing the verse really said everything. It was her little nod to ARTPOP before it went wrong. Maybe I'm reading into it lol

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

Haroon

I'm not sure really :confused: I remember it got changed between Swinefest and the album release though, I mean obviously it did but I remember people tweeting Bobby or someone on Gaga's team and they were like "it's still on the album but now it's called Dope" or something :huh:

kabirartfling

It obviously was a very personal song, the lyrics were really about everything she stands for, like her love for her fans, her boyfriend and family.

But however, dope is definitely more refined and polished when compared. Fits better in ARTPOP as a whole. 

Give your love to me

Infinity Wave

I think it was so that it was more relatable for everyone, I think Interscope or something like that made her change the whole lyrics of the song tbh

Colourful

Sylvanas
4 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

It didn't want to be with us

I wanna be with you, Punk.... I need you more than... soap..

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

Tom Nook

Ok so the official tea I know from articles about it is that she described it as “the evolution of a fan song that became a deep confession in me” on Kiss FM (UK) she said that the album needed something more autobiographical and confessional and a song which would show her vulnerable side. Idk if Interscope had anything to do with the change or if that was just a rumor :sis: 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Vanilla

I remember from interviews back in the day Interscope were saying how much they loved the ballad (remembering this was 2012 just after 2011 and Adele), and she knew it was because it was trendy not because of the sentiment of it, so she said that if they want a ballad I'll give them something personal af. I'm pretty sure she said this in Howard Stern? 

I won't die, but I can't live without you

derpmonster

She often does parts of old versions of a song within a live performance. A small example would be: "It's hard to even fathom how much I should believe." Plus, it was the last artRave, so obviously she was emotional and she loved the fans for standing by her despite her "flop" era. And she remembered the "last" Born This Way Ball. :(

I believe that she wanted to make Dope more personal. There was already Applause for the ode to fans and two of those would come across as desperate. Also, this progression thematically makes sense in the album:

Original: Brooklyn Nights, I Wanna Be With You, Gypsy

New: Mary Jane Holland, Dope, Gypsy

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Edonis
24 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

I remember from interviews back in the day Interscope were saying how much they loved the ballad (remembering this was 2012 just after 2011 and Adele), and she knew it was because it was trendy not because of the sentiment of it, so she said that if they want a ballad I'll give them something personal af. I'm pretty sure she said this in Howard Stern? 

This is the actual explanation by the way :icega:

I’m sure there are other reasons as well, but I distinctly remember this part from her Howard Stern interview regarding the meaning of Dope and why it was changed for the album. 

Eighteen

idk but that wasn't a good choice for her to change it to DOPE imo. it's kind of a poorly written song (but only that one song i love u LG <3).

roy

some of the lyrics in IWBWU didnt fit the melody with the amount of syllables, i guess.

rah rah rah rah

Creyk
1 hour ago, Vanilla said:

This is the truth. I find it funny though as Dope is totally inferior to IWBWY

SHALLOW

IWBWU was too cringey and literal for me. I’m glad she changed it with  more complex lyrics

Archived