2013 - unconditionally, applause

2014 - dark horse, blank space, g.u.y.

♡ nyc ♡

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LG7 time now
2 hours ago, Haroon said:

How dare you :udidnt: But yeah I don't think either are revolutionary but I don't think they're basic either, they're so pretty :flutter:

Basic was the wrong word, both are artistic in their own way but Applause I don't find them outstanding :) Unconditionnally is a gorgeous video but that's it, it's not something new or really origininal. Same with applause, it has a lot of great visuals and ideas but the execution could have been better and the video could have had a twist or something

LG7 time now
1 minute ago, TEAWHORE said:

2013 - unconditionally, applause

2014 - dark horse, blank space, g.u.y.

Applause and Unconditionnally are the two first videos that came to my mind, but as I said earlier, I just don't find them outstanding...

Am I now the only one who finds Dark Horse horrible?

Also, the execution of G.U.Y. isn't good enough to me. I regret it because the idea of the angel, the place etc. had so much potential

I'd be ok with Blank Space for 2014 though :staymad:

LG7 time now
17 hours ago, domixwodix said:

So G.U.Y. is not video of the year material, but This Is What You Came For is? LMAO

TIWYCF has an amazing production, and is like nothing ever done before. You can't say that about G.U.Y. at all

BBhomemaker
10 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

All of them are good, but I find TIWYCF better, more unique and kind of revolutionary visually talking :) I hesitated between this one and Starboy, but Starboy doesn't evolve through the video

I would not say unique or revolutionary, i see some cool effects but it's more like a Calvin Haris style, neons and blurred effects with a lot of colors is not bad but well everybody have their opinions and I can see what you found interesting even if it's not my choice, still one of the most rihmembered of 2016 :ladyhaha: same for starboy I agree the story is less energetic, but the aesthetics are good and beautiful 

LG7 time now
4 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

I would not say unique or revolutionary, i see some cool effects but it's more like a Calvin Haris style, neons and blurred effects with a lot of colors is not bad but well everybody have their opinions and I can see what you found interesting even if it's not my choice, still one of the most rihmembered of 2016 :ladyhaha: same for starboy I agree the story is less energetic, but the aesthetics are good and beautiful 

It's a Calvin video after all, but what I love about TIWYCF is the kind of "one take" thing, the way that Rihanna does the same moves in the same room with the same outfit for 3 minutes but that the effects/background makes the video change, move, evolve :) I also love the choice that they made to make the scene happen in the back of beyond, with no one around. I was completely SHOOK when I watched it for the first time

BBhomemaker
11 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

It's a Calvin video after all, but what I love about TIWYCF is the kind of "one take" thing, the way that Rihanna does the same moves in the same room with the same outfit for 3 minutes but that the effects/background makes the video change, move, evolve :) I also love the choice that they made to make the scene happen in the back of beyond, with no one around. I was completely SHOOK when I watched it for the first time

Yeah i remember in 2016 it was kinda a trend to do a one take, I found it cool too

But yeah Rihanna has nothing to do really for a good video it's more about her "coolness" or her fashionable style 

This girl can wear a patrick star dress or a omelet one that she still stunning hahaha :ladyhaha:

Inferno

your list and the suggestions in this thread are making my eyes bleed. i cant.

and honestly in what world are dark horse and the one that got away better than any gaga music video anyway? not that im saying g.u.y. is like amazing but its so much better than dark horse which is literally just a corny ugly mess. how its so popular is beyond me. its really that bad.

Archived