Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Taylor Swift kinda win?

Creyk

Featured Posts

Werk

I just think it's weird how people are starting to fire at Kanye when we knew he's been supporting Trump for awhile :selena::laughga:

37 minutes ago, Saint Hollywood said:

I mean, just look at the lyrics for Kanye's new song :selena:

Db1Kth_WkAAtbkn.jpg

Wow taking one verse out of an entire artists discography just to belittle that person... not like anyone’s ever done that to Gaga or anything

MonsterPaws
38 minutes ago, Saint Hollywood said:

Db1Kth_WkAAtbkn.jpg

I was so sad at this.

I am with the camp that praises Kanye's music. I genuinely believe he can make fantastic music. The Life of Pablo had great tracks that are even relatable (rather than talking about Lambos and etc.) in Real Friends.

But his new song was just disappointing. It could have been cute in a Saint-dedicated song or something, but it was so out of place--too out of place--that it just ruined an already-average song.

Taylor Sweezus slayed her era w/ almost 0 promo. Let's see how Kanye does.

ItsTommyBitch

Why can't we grapple with two answers to a question :gum: 

Taylor's still a snake and her entire era is founded on her being like, guilty but passing it off as if its other people's fault without saying anything so shes still a "snake" but hasn't owned up to it.

Kanye's an idiot, but he wasn't wrong about the Taylor swift fiasco. She did give him permission - even if those lyrics were dumb and sexist :gum: 

Obv. one has more financial success atm, but its irrelevant unless you think money = winning :gum: Some of the worst people are financially supported, so i dont think being commercially successful really means that you're doing things "right" in the end, its a measurement of popularity, not moral or abstract superiority :shrug: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

sipthistea
2 hours ago, Saint Hollywood said:

Db1Kth_WkAAtbkn.jpg

Still better than Shake It Off :ladyhaha:

Nirvana
6 hours ago, MonsterPaws said:

I was so sad at this.

I am with the camp that praises Kanye's music. I genuinely believe he can make fantastic music. The Life of Pablo had great tracks that are even relatable (rather than talking about Lambos and etc.) in Real Friends.

But his new song was just disappointing. It could have been cute in a Saint-dedicated song or something, but it was so out of place--too out of place--that it just ruined an already-average song.

Taylor Sweezus slayed her era w/ almost 0 promo. Let's see how Kanye does.

Its a troll song :trollga: 

-----

And I dont know what is going on, but how is it karma or winning if Kanye is doing this all to himself? Not everything has to do with Swift...

His new album is called "Love Everyone", I'd think this is all meant to cause some sort of discussion and in a weird way bring america together? (I really dont think it will work though and dont agree with the Trump support at all) 

Yesterday he tweeted support to Emma Gonzales and the Trumpets were so mad in the comments. Even though its been known he was at the March for our lives :toofunny:

MarryTheAngel

Pyrrhic victory? I mean she didn't do anything to actually destroy him. Kanye's doing all that by himself.

Creyk
2 hours ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Why can't we grapple with two answers to a question :gum: 

Taylor's still a snake and her entire era is founded on her being like, guilty but passing it off as if its other people's fault without saying anything so shes still a "snake" but hasn't owned up to it.

Kanye's an idiot, but he wasn't wrong about the Taylor swift fiasco. She did give him permission - even if those lyrics were dumb and sexist :gum: 

Obv. one has more financial success atm, but its irrelevant unless you think money = winning :gum: Some of the worst people are financially supported, so i dont think being commercially successful really means that you're doing things "right" in the end, its a measurement of popularity, not moral or abstract superiority :shrug: 

I'm sorry, but you can't control your reaction to being called the B-word in front of the entire world. That is just not how it works.

ItsTommyBitch
2 hours ago, Creyk said:

I'm sorry, but you can't control your reaction to being called the B-word in front of the entire world. That is just not how it works.

That's not the issue at all :gum: If you'd re-read my post, you'd note that I said Kanye can still be idiotic and misogynistic while also having asked for permission from Taylor to use the lyrics...

To act as if Taylor was hearing them for the first time, had never been approached about the idea, and was having an in the moment reaction when she proceeded to call him out during her acceptance speech for AOTY at the Grammys, after much time had passed; trying to paint him as the wrongdoer in all of it... in light of the evidence we have now from voice recordings and the pre-written apology letter and more... its disingenuous at best :shrug: This is pretty settled in my mind, not worth debating as evidenced by... the very matter of fact evidence :gum: 

The entire point of my post was, we should learn to accept dualities, this is not a false binary. Kanye can be a sexist pig, but Taylor can also be a person that lied and used the controversy to gain attention and to attack Kanye West. Taylor Swift isn't "winning" in my book based on commercial and critical success, however if her goal was to destroy Kanye West, then even then she's not really responsible for any of that, he's doing it on his own.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

MonsterPaws
4 hours ago, Nirvana said:

Its a troll song :trollga: 

And I dont know what is going on, but how is it karma or winning if Kanye is doing this all to himself? Not everything has to do with Swift...

His new album is called "Love Everyone", I'd think this is all meant to cause some sort of discussion and in a weird way bring america together? (I really dont think it will work though and dont agree with the Trump support at all) 

Yesterday he tweeted support to Emma Gonzales and the Trumpets were so mad in the comments. Even though its been known he was at the March for our lives :toofunny:

I didn't say Taylor was winning over Kanye though...i said Taylor is slaying her era with no promo :triggered: I also didn't mention his support for Trump either (guuuurl did you reply to the wrong person?).

Anyway, they're very different artists and in their own lanes, but both also explicitly or implicitly mentioned each other in their music. So the comparisons are bound to come both their ways anyway.

Also, if Kanye's next album is bomb then I'll replay it every day like I did with TLOP. I'm a huge fan!

Nirvana
2 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

I didn't say Taylor was winning over Kanye though...i said Taylor is slaying her era with no promo :triggered: I also didn't mention his support for Trump either (guuuurl did you reply to the wrong person?).

Anyway, they're very different artists and in their own lanes, but both also explicitly or implicitly mentioned each other in their music. So the comparisons are bound to come both their ways anyway.

Also, if Kanye's next album is bomb then I'll replay it every day like I did with TLOP. I'm a huge fan!

Lmao I only now realised I should have quoted the op after you! (I'm on mobile and this doesnt work good enough) Only meant the new song, is a troll and I doubt it will be part of the album.

I'm a big fan too,love the music 💜  I only got into it in the middle of the TLOP era. I'll look forward to the new albums, I'll try to ignore all the politics tho.

Thomas P

He brought a knife to a gun fight. :trollga:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Anderson123

What does Taylor have to do with that ? Kanye is doing all of that by his own, and even Kim Kardashian talked about that situation.

Archived