Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

CNN: Lady Gaga not an artist or about the music

Americano

Featured Posts

stricklandbanks

This.

It made me laugh how they said it outshines the music... I don't remember her performing in the meat dress. Hm.

Thats why shes wearing the meat dress at the BTW Ball...

It's not the same dress. Its not even real meat, but ofcourse she wears the same clothes at her tour :confuse:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article doesn't really focus on Gaga. It brings some interesting takes on how people perceive the fact some artist are all about performance show, and not just the music. While some might say it diminishes the musical factor, others believe it complements it.

Didn't know those differences between rock and pop. Very interesting!

Gaga is all about image, but she has the talent to back it up/complement it. :yes:

They make it sound like she got instantly famous, which could be seen as a generalization I guess. But she did work her way up, and I don't like how this article suggests that she didn't.

CannaeDrive

I just read that, just close-minded people unable to appreciate that an artist can be more than just a musician or a singer, good at only one thing. Many great artists were multi-talented and versatile, look at Picasso or Leonardo Da Vinci. Besides, they needed to write about Gaga, and put her picture on the front page, to give that lame article any relevancy. :nails:

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Americano

They make it sound like she got instantly famous, which could be seen as a generalization I guess. But she did work her way up, and I don't like how this article suggests that she didn't.

That's what bothered me the most.

They basically said she was a Youtube sensation.. When she's said OVER AND OVER in TONS of interviews that she worked her ass off and went through the lowest ranks of the industry up to the very top.

boysboysboys

Clearly a misinformed article.

And, AGAIN, further evidence that the Haus and Interscope/Universal have given zero attention to her press.

InGagzWeTrust

I just read that, just close-minded people unable to appreciate that an artist can be more than just a musician or a singer, good at only one thing. Many great artists were multi-talented and versatile, look at Picasso or Leonardo Da Vinci. Besides, they needed to write about Gaga, and put her picture on the front page, to give that lame article any relevancy. :nails:

:worship2:

boysboysboys

Another thing: the writer has no clear definition of what an artist is.

Is pure singing and songwriting the art, and the image not?

Can't it be both?

Or even either way?

Alphaz

stay pressed, irrelevant b---hes

"we don't care what people say, we know the truth, enough with this horse****"

People will always doubt her artistry and question if its real art, attention seeking, etc and thats something I actually love.

She writes her songs and she worked to get her fame. She's hardworking. So I don't see the problem in calling her a real artist.

If she wasn't about the music she would hire songwriters to do all the work for her and she would lipsynch every performance. Obviously Gaga loves what she's doing and she's trying to give things a purpose. To me, that can be art. We can have many different artists, thats the beauty of the whole thing.

boysboysboys

Bry, please re-edit the title. The article is a biased question, but still a question.

These guys need to look up the words artist and art in the dictionary tbh :nails:

Archived