Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Million Reasons surpassed Poker Face on Spotify!

corvus albus

Featured Posts

ordinarynam1310
22 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

And some people think that these streaming numbers reflect the actual popularity and quality of the song. Don't forget that Million Reasons got 10 televised performances. As much as Bad Romance, more than Poker Face and Yoü and I. Million Reasons wasn't that big of a hit and the GP mostly rejected it until Gaga's flawless SB performance.

what she/he meant was doing 200m streams on Spotify for a moderate hit is normal. 

back when all of her bigger hits was released, streaming/spotify wasn't that strong like today, so y'all can't really compare this stuff.

i'm glad that Gaga's streaming numbers are still increasing

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
corvus albus
2 minutes ago, ordinarynam1310 said:

what she/he meant was doing 200m streams on Spotify for a moderate hit is normal. 

back when all of her bigger hits was released, streaming/spotify wasn't that strong like today, so y'all can't really compare this stuff.

i'm glad that Gaga's streaming numbers are still increasing

I know. But when people compare MR and BR and pick MR because it has more Spotify streams, something just die a little inside.

Gagadonna

Million Reasons is the best thing that could happen to her career. Stop complaining because it is not how you wanted things to be. If you're unsatisfied, go have your own career. :giggle:

corvus albus
4 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

Million Reasons is the best thing that could happen to her career. Stop complaining because it is not how you wanted things to be. If you're unsatisfied, go have your own career. :giggle:

I just think she had with Angel Down a better, more heartfelt ballad on the same album which would've been "perfect" for the time she debuted Joanne and for the SB.

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

I just think she had with Angel Down a better, more heartfelt ballad on the same album which would've been "perfect" for the time she debuted Joanne and for the SB.

Eh....of the lackluster ballads on Joanne, MR is the "best" one but it still doesn't hold a candle to her previous ballads. 

Gagadonna
5 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Angel Down is not 'addictive' enough to be a single, it does sound more emotional but lacks the magics of MR. 

corvus albus
1 minute ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

Eh....of the lackluster ballads on Joanne, MR is the "best" one but it still doesn't hold a candle to her previous ballads. 

Joanne has 4 ballads and 3 songs i would kinda count as a ballad (kinda ballad)

Joanne

Angel Down

Sinners Prayer

Million Reasons

(Diamond Heart)

(Hey Girl)

(Come To Mama)

All of the underlined songs are better than MR which shows that MR is more an average ballad.

corvus albus
Just now, Gagadonna said:

Angel Down is not 'addictive' enough to be a single, it does sound more emotional but lacks the magics of MR. 

I don't care that much about hooks and catchiness. I like talking about lyrics, sentiment, premise all of whom are more interesting on Angel Down. But Yes, MR is definitly more commercial than Angel Down

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, corvus albus said:

Joanne has 4 ballads and 3 songs i would kinda count as a ballad (kinda ballad)

Joanne

Angel Down

Sinners Prayer

Million Reasons

(Diamond Heart)

(Hey Girl)

(Come To Mama)

All of the underlined songs are better than MR which shows that MR is more an average ballad.

I wouldn't count DH, HG, CTM as ballads, but they are superior to MR. 

And I still don't think J, AD, or SP are better than MR but it kinda doesn't matter because they are all kinda meh in my opinion 

corvus albus
1 minute ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

I wouldn't count DH, HG, CTM as ballads, but they are superior to MR. 

And I still don't think J, AD, or SP are better than MR but it kinda doesn't matter because they are all kinda meh in my opinion 

I have my opinion and you have your's. From a single standpoint Million Reasons is the best GP friendly ballad she could've picked, from a critics standpoint Joanne has better songs to offer than Million Reason.

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, corvus albus said:

I have my opinion and you have your's. From a single standpoint Million Reasons is the best GP friendly ballad she could've picked, from a critics standpoint Joanne has better songs to offer than Million Reason.

I can accept your viewpoint and logic. 

I'm not one of those who talks down to or is shitty when someone opinion is different than my own 

5 hours ago, NNES said:

I think that "Million Reasons" is along with "Bad Romance" and "Paparazzi" her most iconic single :happy:

This!

Archived