Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

RAMROD

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Irrelevant said:

I live in mainland china

:spin:

Fly or take a train to Hong Kong :trollga: It’s holiday in China next week!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monster7
11 hours ago, ryanripley said:

i hope not, i just started stanning the avengers universe thing and i've been marathoning the movies in their timeline order :giveup: 

Well the last one is released in 12 months so:ladyhaha:

Monster7
9 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Nah, not happening imho. At least to MCU films, as it is already become a tradition at this point, just like Star Wars movies or horror films on Halloween month. They have their future plans ahead until 2028, they know it will be alright. Plus they are under Disney, that sell a lot of movies in cinema with their many divisions. And they just got new rosters that is X-Men and Fantastic 4 from the Fox buyout too. Disney will want to made them into movies, either as part of MCU or on their own so they can sell merchandise in their parks located worldwide.

DC will not make any significant dents, and shouldn’t be part of equation. Their only best movies to date are still The Dark Knight trilogy.

Disney will keep on releasing marvel movies. But the story that made it an interconnected universe, the one from Iron Man ends with Avengers 4, so they will make not interconnected movies I think. DC (though their best movies are from before their universe) have a much richer universe from comics to explore, they only have to take their time and start do things right, hire GOOD directors and not mess up like with JL

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, Monster7 said:

Disney will keep on releasing marvel movies. But the story that made it an interconnected universe, the one from Iron Man ends with Avengers 4, so they will make not interconnected movies I think. DC (though their best movies are from before their universe) have a much richer universe from comics to explore, they only have to take their time and start do things right, hire GOOD directors and not mess up like with JL

Maybe both, with the addition of Captain Marvel released next year, they are clearly hinting for Secret Invasion for Phase 4 and on. DC can hire any good directors, and they may make good films, but they can never make good universe, cos they don't have someone like Kevin Feige, who is an actual fan and fellow nerd, who actually read the source material and understand the lore, and not just white collared executives that trying to make money by pulling random heroes to put into the big screen.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

sarahb
7 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Maybe both, with the addition of Captain Marvel released next year, they are clearly hinting for Secret Invasion for Phase 4 and on. DC can hire any good directors, and they may make good films, but they can never make good universe, cos they don't have someone like Kevin Feige, who is an actual fan and fellow nerd, who actually read the source material and understand the lore, and not just white collared executives that trying to make money by pulling random heroes to put into the big screen.

Speaking of Feige...

HpaQjmQ0Yweul-EkO89oMDyHMVkKQstuM33fiPE4

RAMROD
Just now, sarahb said:

Speaking of Feige...

HpaQjmQ0Yweul-EkO89oMDyHMVkKQstuM33fiPE4

I look forward to these :giveup:  Gonna be still watching MCU til I am 90  :sharon:

Logan

I have a LOT of problems with this movie, and I'm a huge Marvel stan. My memory needs refreshed but a few problems off the top of my head:

Incoming bitterness and spoilers...

Spoiler

Infinity Stones power scaling and consistency issues - The problem with almighty power stones is that they don't get used to their full potential because of plot convenience. With the power stone alone Thanos should be able to completely annihilate most of the character roster. The fact that IRON MAN was able to hold his own for a bit when Thanos had FOUR stones is an absolute and complete ****ing joke. Any of the lower powered/earth level heroes that went up against Thanos should not have made it out alive by any means. With 5 gems Thanos decked Cap in the face and somehow that didn't kill him? Yet Thanos can explode planets with ease? Jesus ****ing christ. Half the stones we aren't even adequately shown exactly what they do either, and they are very inconsistent. Half the time the Reality stone is illusions and then the other half it can actually physically alter things. Half the time the Power Gem lets you disintegrate anything you want with ease, the other half it just makes your punches stronger or pushes people away :rip: And if you want to REALLY nitpick, why didn't Thanos use the Time Stone to just go back and time and get the Mind gem from Loki's scepter? Why didn't Thanos blow up earth and then just collect the gems with the Space gem? The list goes on and on. 

Unnecessary humor - This trend really started with the newest Thor movie. There's the occasional light and effective  humor that Marvel is perfect at, and then there's downright obnoxious. This movie crossed that line. Why would Thanos use a ****ing infinity gem to turn a gun into a bubble gun? Seriously, how is that in character at all? And literally every interaction with Star Lord was overkill. I couldn't take anything seriously or even feel emotion in the serious parts because they caked on the humor in the most inappropriate places. Yes, we get it. Iron Man and Star Lord are known for their obnoxious personalities, and the audiences eat it up. I don't want to see it for 20 minutes back and forth though. This movie is an accumulation of a massive series, every second counts. Stop wasting it on humor and save it for the other movies. 

Quit sidelining powerful characters - The heavy hitters in the MCU keep getting less screen time because of their power potential. They can take out most of these enemies on their own with ease. Strange, Thor, and Scarlet in particular. Instead we are stuck seeing boring hand to hand combat and gun fight scenes in a movie that is all about universal threats. I still don't even see how someone like Black Widow was able to fight against Proxima. 

Emotional scenes and sacrifices seemed a waste - This first one is more of annoyance I have because of my love for Scarlet instead of a problem with the movie itself. Seeing Scarlet destroy the Mind Stone and her love just for him to be brought back and killed again in front of her was just brutal.

I hate Iron Man but when he was stabbed I actually started to get emotional because he was dying. But then he didn't. Because he's Iron Man. And god forbid we kill off the poster boys Cap and Iron Man for one movie. 

What was up with Black Panthers death? It was super fast and emotionless, I couldn't even process what happened it was almost awkward. 

Also, yes the Spiderman death scene was extremely sad, but why did it take him 5 years to finally fade away? Literally everyone else faded in 2 seconds :air: 

Bruce's Hulk problem - This is a plot line that has already been completely fleshed out many movies ago. He should not have any reasons with turning Hulk at this point AT ALL. He did it in the first Avengers movie with incredible ease. Yes, he had guilt about being Hulk after the Age of Ultron mind control destruction incident but that was many years ago. We have moved on from that. Just stop. 

(Also, the awful CGI with Bruce's head poking out from the top of the Hulk Buster suit :air: ) 

What we are left with - Most of the people left alive are the MAIN faces of the Avengers. People are acting shocked that Marvel had the "balls" to kill off all these characters, but most of them are new! Iron Man, Cap, Widow, Hulk...The most common faces still around. Scarlet, Black Panther, Spiderman...They are the REAL tragedies because they have less character development time than the original cast. 

I have many more complaints but I'm seeing it again Tuesday so I will get back to this later :rip: 

@RAMROD thoughts? :laughga: 

sarahb

So on the Marvel Studios subreddit, someone posted that Joe Russo (one of the directors of Infinity War) came to their high school and confirmed a few things:

Spoiler

- He did confirm that Valkyrie lived.

- He said that Tom Holland improv his death scene.

- When asked why strange gave the time stone, he highly alluded to the “this is the only way” and him seeing the future scene so that basically confirmed that strange gave the stone to achieve the victory.

- He will not be releasing the title of the 4th film anytime soon.

- The asgardians escaped on escape pods thus there are survivors of the refugees.

- When asked about Korg he wasn’t willing to say what his fate was.

- Xander was attacked OS to save time and avoid repetition.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/8g10pg/joe_russo_came_and_had_a_qa_at_our_high_school/

omg I nearly panicked for a sec at the finish cos in my shock I thought that tom holland has died and I had plans to lose my virginity to him :cryga:

River

AHHHH I WANT TO DIE

So we went to the cinema to watch the best movie of all time and they didn't let us enter, it was overbooked because they had to replace a few sits for handicaps, which I respect and understand! but deep inside I wanted to burn the place.. but it for a good cause..

Anywaaaay, they changed it for tomorrow and I got bad sits.. center but row D.. like it's too close :(

UPDATE:

yaaaaas after I complained and scream like a tortured Kree, I got places for today last show :selena: but same f-cking row and places, I'm sorry for the people who were kicked out lol

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

RAMROD
On 4/30/2018 at 11:57 PM, Logan said:

I have a LOT of problems with this movie, and I'm a huge Marvel stan. My memory needs refreshed but a few problems off the top of my head:

Incoming bitterness and spoilers...

Reveal hidden contents

Infinity Stones power scaling and consistency issues - The problem with almighty power stones is that they don't get used to their full potential because of plot convenience. With the power stone alone Thanos should be able to completely annihilate most of the character roster. The fact that IRON MAN was able to hold his own for a bit when Thanos had FOUR stones is an absolute and complete ****ing joke. Any of the lower powered/earth level heroes that went up against Thanos should not have made it out alive by any means. With 5 gems Thanos decked Cap in the face and somehow that didn't kill him? Yet Thanos can explode planets with ease? Jesus ****ing christ. Half the stones we aren't even adequately shown exactly what they do either, and they are very inconsistent. Half the time the Reality stone is illusions and then the other half it can actually physically alter things. Half the time the Power Gem lets you disintegrate anything you want with ease, the other half it just makes your punches stronger or pushes people away :rip: And if you want to REALLY nitpick, why didn't Thanos use the Time Stone to just go back and time and get the Mind gem from Loki's scepter? Why didn't Thanos blow up earth and then just collect the gems with the Space gem? The list goes on and on. 

Unnecessary humor - This trend really started with the newest Thor movie. There's the occasional light and effective  humor that Marvel is perfect at, and then there's downright obnoxious. This movie crossed that line. Why would Thanos use a ****ing infinity gem to turn a gun into a bubble gun? Seriously, how is that in character at all? And literally every interaction with Star Lord was overkill. I couldn't take anything seriously or even feel emotion in the serious parts because they caked on the humor in the most inappropriate places. Yes, we get it. Iron Man and Star Lord are known for their obnoxious personalities, and the audiences eat it up. I don't want to see it for 20 minutes back and forth though. This movie is an accumulation of a massive series, every second counts. Stop wasting it on humor and save it for the other movies. 

Quit sidelining powerful characters - The heavy hitters in the MCU keep getting less screen time because of their power potential. They can take out most of these enemies on their own with ease. Strange, Thor, and Scarlet in particular. Instead we are stuck seeing boring hand to hand combat and gun fight scenes in a movie that is all about universal threats. I still don't even see how someone like Black Widow was able to fight against Proxima. 

Emotional scenes and sacrifices seemed a waste - This first one is more of annoyance I have because of my love for Scarlet instead of a problem with the movie itself. Seeing Scarlet destroy the Mind Stone and her love just for him to be brought back and killed again in front of her was just brutal.

I hate Iron Man but when he was stabbed I actually started to get emotional because he was dying. But then he didn't. Because he's Iron Man. And god forbid we kill off the poster boys Cap and Iron Man for one movie. 

What was up with Black Panthers death? It was super fast and emotionless, I couldn't even process what happened it was almost awkward. 

Also, yes the Spiderman death scene was extremely sad, but why did it take him 5 years to finally fade away? Literally everyone else faded in 2 seconds :air: 

Bruce's Hulk problem - This is a plot line that has already been completely fleshed out many movies ago. He should not have any reasons with turning Hulk at this point AT ALL. He did it in the first Avengers movie with incredible ease. Yes, he had guilt about being Hulk after the Age of Ultron mind control destruction incident but that was many years ago. We have moved on from that. Just stop. 

(Also, the awful CGI with Bruce's head poking out from the top of the Hulk Buster suit :air: ) 

What we are left with - Most of the people left alive are the MAIN faces of the Avengers. People are acting shocked that Marvel had the "balls" to kill off all these characters, but most of them are new! Iron Man, Cap, Widow, Hulk...The most common faces still around. Scarlet, Black Panther, Spiderman...They are the REAL tragedies because they have less character development time than the original cast. 

I have many more complaints but I'm seeing it again Tuesday so I will get back to this later :rip: 

@RAMROD thoughts? :laughga: 

I will need time to process, I have read your entry. I will watch the film for second time this weekend. I might have more things to say then.

zakariah
19 hours ago, sarahb said:

So on the Marvel Studios subreddit, someone posted that Joe Russo (one of the directors of Infinity War) came to their high school and confirmed a few things:

Hide contents

- He said that Tom Holland improv his death scene.

tenor.gif?itemid=8059269

River

I came back

I’m sad

I’m shocked

this is all I wanted, the movie was amazing!!! 

one problem: Proxima looked like she was made by the DCU CGI company.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

sarahb

Edit: Big spoiler in spoiler tag below (and in the quoted posts on the rest of this page, sorry!) 

Spoiler

He nearly says 'half' then stops himself 

youandi
54 minutes ago, sarahb said:

Turns out that Mark Ruffalo just about spoiled the ending of Infinity War last year :flop:

Reveal hidden contents

He nearly says 'half' then stops himself 

I know it’s our own fault if we see look at a thread like this and see spoilers, but the part you didn’t spoiler tag is a massive spoiler for those who haven’t seen it (me :(), but heard the Mark Ruffalo thing! Still can’t wait to go and see it later though!

Archived