Lady Gagain Vegas
🏨 Click here to book your Las Vegas hotel at VEGAS.COM 🏨
economy

"Toys R Us" Brand Saved From Bankruptcy

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.bnn.ca/watsa-s-fairfax-agrees-to-buy-canadian-unit-of-toys-r-us-1.1062829

The famous Toys R Us Brand in North America has been saved it's existence by a $300 Million bid to buy most of the store locations in Canada and to continue using the same name

Unfortunately this bid does not save the USA locations but the brand at least will still exist

jesse_batista
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 6

Wigless

Oh, Canada. We did that 👏

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1

Dunk96

Sucks that the US locations suffer but great news for Canada.

These are the dreams of an impossible princess.

Gardevoir

shooked, also slay my maple leaf hunties :golfclap:

Oh’ The taste of your lips I'm on a ride, You're TM06 I'm slippin' under

Economy
5 minutes ago, Dunk96 said:

Sucks that the US locations suffer but great news for Canada.

I think it would cost too much money for the Corporation that bought it to buy the US locations as well

The US must have way more no doubt, I'm sure it would have to be Billions to buy the US operations :awkney:

We don't have that many here actually at least not in my area. I've known of maybe 3 or 4 in the Toronto area (there may be more nearby tho that I haven't seen but my point is that it isn't one of the huge chains here)

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista
  • Like 1

RAMROD

Good to know. I believe TrU is still around elsewhere. Say in some parts of MIddle East, Europe and Asia for example.

EDIT:

https://www.toysrusinc.com/about-us/store-locator

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ my neck ♥ my back ♥ lick my bussy ♥ and my crack ♥

Economy
15 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Good to know. I believe TrU is still around elsewhere. Say in some parts of MIddle East, Europe and Asia for example.

EDIT:

Ah. Germany has almost as many as Canada cool!

I didn't know how wide spread it was outside North America

jesse_batista
  • Love 1

River

tbh I don't think they need to be saved, after they milked us all around the world with super expensive prices for plastic toys or a few brands that costs half price on Amazon... they deserve it, the customers made their decision and found other better places to buy toys.. this is the price of free market..

I know that the workers had nothing to do with it and it's sad that they'll be unemployed, but if we think that way, those big companies will continue to milk us get richer while paying the minimum to those employees.

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

RAMROD
Just now, River said:

tbh I don't think they need to be saved, after they milked us all around the world with super expensive prices for plastic toys or a few brands that costs half price on Amazon... they deserve it, the customers made their decision and found other better places to buy toys.. this is the price of free market..

I know that the workers had nothing to do with it and it's sad that they'll be unemployed, but if we think that way, those big companies will continue to milk us get richer while paying the minimum to those employees.

Amazons don't available worldwide, Linda. TyR does and in more than 1 cities too.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ my neck ♥ my back ♥ lick my bussy ♥ and my crack ♥

River
41 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

EDIT:

I think it's because it's not directly TrU but a local company bought the brand rights and everything, they are not part of the bankrupt

• Like 1

River
Just now, RAMROD said:

Amazons don't available worldwide, Linda. TyR does and in more than 1 cities too.

I gave Amazon as an example, there are many other stores, cheap ones that sells the same products...

Lance

Bratz creators bid of over 670million was declined BC apparently it was too low

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Lance
1 minute ago, River said:

I gave Amazon as an example, there are many other stores, cheap ones that sells the same products...

TRU was doing fine until the new owners got them in debt. Amazon is very irrelevant

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Economy
8 minutes ago, Lance said:

TRU was doing fine until the new owners got them in debt. Amazon is very irrelevant

Amazon is not irrelevant. Nearly half of all online shopping is done there

I myself order stuff from there all the time

I saved the boxed which I'm now using to move my stuff when I move in with my fiance :emma:

jesse_batista