other

"Beyoncé Has Surpassed MJ" - Bill Werde

sipthistea

Featured Posts

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P

This is a stretch. You can’t compare the two of them. They’re both the best performers of their generation, but Michael and Beyoncé are so different.  

The only thing I’ll give him is that I do think, that at this point in their careers, Beyoncé is more beloved by everyone than Michael. He began to get drowned in controversy and became a punching bag in the media, and Beyoncé hasn’t even come close to that yet. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

DemeLarell
9 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Furthermore, this guy bases is argument on years?

Okay, well then Madonna was big from 1984 to 2008. So does that make her the biggest ever? 

2008? :laughga:.... she was popular with JUST the gays by that time. No shade to her. Love her music. 

And I actually kinda agree with his statements.... but only time will tell. Of course people will be pressed rn. But in due time they will realize. 

Bloody hooker

I love Beyoncé and she was my first pop girl, but no. No one will ever top MJ. She’s a legend and talented, but no.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

Florian
9 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:

2008? :laughga:.... she was popular with JUST the gays by that time. No shade to her. Love her music. 

And I actually kinda agree with his statements.... but only time will tell. Of course people will be pressed rn. But in due time they will realize. 

Ever heard about 4 minutes and Give It 2 Me ? :oprah: Madonna was still relevant with Hard Candy :laughga: She was not popular "just" for the gays

PunkTheFunk

If we forget about popularity, impact, charts, years in the business, etc. for a second and strictly compare the two as performers -- YES, I think Beyonce has reached his level and perhaps even exceeded it. She has the endurance, the energy, the powerhouse vocals, the insane dance skills. She's a legend in her own time and there's no denying that (our faves could literally never) :selena:

BUT Michael had an extra bit of "magic" that gave him the ability to connect and resonate with people across the world, even a decade after his death. I'm sure there's some kid in Cambodia or Poland or South Africa right now wearing a white glove and a fedora, trying to moonwalk. His appeal crossed boundaries and racial divides and ages and genders in ways that I don't think Beyonce has and perhaps ever will. As Madonna so beautifully put it ,

"There is no question that Michael Jackson is one of the greatest talents the world has ever known. That when he sang a song at the ripe old age of eight he could make you feel like an experienced adult was squeezing your heart with his words. That when he moved he had the elegance of Fred Astaire and packed the punch of Muhammad Ali. That his music had an extra layer of inexplicable magic that didn't just make you want to dance but actually made you believe you could fly, dare to dream, be anything that you wanted to be. Because that is what heroes do and Michael Jackson was a hero."

DiscoHeaven23
20 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:

08-03-11-madonna-4-minutes-single-cover-

River

MJ was and still a global phenomenon, young people knows him, every generation from baby boomers and up knows who is MJ.

Beyonce is relevant only in the US and for 90s-00 kids.. 90s kids follows her because of DC and 00' kids follows her because they grew up listening to Deja Vu..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

derpmonster

Beyoncé is great, but yes, she is a very US only phenomenon. She also got most of her acclaim and praise within the last few years, so it's misleading to say she's had a lead on everything for 20 years. A few years ago, Beyoncé wasn't even that relevant in pop. I think if she keeps it going, she definitely can be at that level.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Lextyr97

I'll be honest. I don't think Beyonce's music has really changed anything, not that she even writes it anyway. Michael Jackson truly pushed the boundary in like everyway. Michael Jackson was in video games, made music for video games, has the most iconic dance moves of all time, iconic outfits, iconic music videos, ICONIC MUSIC THAT HE WROTE, iconic showmanship and he did influenced EVERYONE after him. 

Beyonce has iconic hair, a great voice, is an extraordinary entertainer and that's about it. Her music is good but I haven't really seen any artists genuinely influenced by her, and she just doesn't have as much of a legacy as MJ. I don't mean this as shade either, I'm just saying there's no way she's close to Michael Jackson. The only person close is Madonna, and I think once she passes, they will be truly equal. Beyonce doesn't come ANYWHERE close.

Edit: I'm legit disgusted by those tweets lmao yes I'm pressed. The disrespect to Madonna and Michael Jackson, like I can't. This Beyonce praise has officially gotten out of hand. 

Lextyr97
1 hour ago, DemeLarell said:

Welp tell that to her Sticky and Sweet and MDNA world tours. Might as well say that to Rebel Heart tour. 400+, 300+, and 100+ million dollar grossing tours respectively. 

Archived