A Star Is Born
politics

Canada Civil War Escalates As BC Vows To Sue Alberta and Retaliate

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.bnn.ca/alberta-moves-to-restrict-oil-gas-flow-as-dispute-with-b-c-escalates-1.1058732

It was inevitable that Alberta's ban on BC wines and plans to shut off oil shipments to British Columbia was going to revoke retaliatory response

Alberta is planning to shut off oil shipments and refined products as of later this week to damage British Columbia's economy for blocking their pipelime which is expected to spike gas prices so much that filling up a car will cost $120 to $200. British Columbia has vowed to sue the Province of Alberta and retaliate with their own bans

While Trudeau backs Alberta's stance he has not made any formal threats against either Province for illegally starting a trade war. Legal Layers for the Federal Government have warned that these actions under the Constitution give grounds for both Provinces Governments to be revoked for up to a year in which The Federal Government would run the Provinces during that time. The Federal Government so far has not made the threat, at least not publicly.

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista
  • LMAO 1

FATCAT

Trudeau trying not to take sides when he takes over Alberta and BC

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Rumours1977

Tea

Diamond Monster

Omg, Canadians, fighting? In this economy? I think the McFucc not.

• LMAO 4

RAMROD

I hope our neighbor can resolve this issue fine, too much chaos happening around the world lately, don't wish for Canada to be another one partaking in it too.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ get ♥ off ♥ my ♥ shït ♥ oi oi oi ♥

ALGAYDO

Up to $200 to fully gas up a car?!?!?!?! Bitch, I throw a fit with mine cause it costs around $70-$80 to fill her up... I would fúcking RIOT if it ever got that bad over here :selena:

Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GypsyBabe

$200 dollars to fill a gas tank?! That's extremely f*cked up. 

pmJQSBYNg

▌│█║▌║▌║That Arizona sky...
  • Like 1

Economy
7 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Up to $200 to fully gas up a car?!?!?!?! Bitch, I throw a fit with mine cause it costs around $70-$80 to fill her up... I would fúcking RIOT if it ever got that bad over here :selena:

I think that's the idea. Get people in BC fed up that they pressure their Government to stop and give up

jesse_batista

ALGAYDO
21 minutes ago, Economy said:

I think that's the idea. Get people in BC fed up that they pressure their Government to stop and give up

I really hope it all turns out well for y’all... Canadadians deserve better than what the US is doing :selena:

Economy
1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

I really hope it all turns out well for y’all... Canadadians deserve better than what the US is doing :selena:

I mean my Province isn't directly involved in this dispute but there is a question of sovereignty with the issue

Some argue Provinces have been acting beyond their jurisdiction for decades now but the Federal Government rarely intervenes for political reasons to not loose support from the residents that live in involved areas

This pipeline has been debated for years, BC made the Federal Government invoke many conditions for it to be built and BC has taken matters related to this pipeline 14 times to court (and lost everytime)

Legally they cannot block it so when the court said BC couldn't withold permits, they have been creating creative ways to delay the project and now Canada is having to pay Kinder Morgan money to not cancel the project cuz they are tired of waiting

Albertas plans to shut off Oil to BC later this week to retaliate is also illegal tho and the Federal Government isn't doing anything about it

So as many point out this is going beyond just the pipeline itself. There's an issue of sovereignty now at hand as to who is really is in charge in these matters and if the Federal Government can continue to let defiance slide because every level of Government challenges the Federal Government when they don't agree with something and drag the issue and it's creating disfunction and it's hard to get anything done

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista

ALGAYDO
6 hours ago, Economy said:

I mean my Province isn't directly involved in this dispute but there is a question of sovereignty with the issue

Some argue Provinces have been acting beyond their jurisdiction for decades now but the Federal Government rarely intervenes for political reasons to not loose support from the residents that live in involved areas

This pipeline has been debated for years, BC made the Federal Government invoke many conditions for it to be built and BC has taken matters related to this pipeline 14 times to court (and lost everytime)

Legally they cannot block it so when the court said BC couldn't withold permits, they have been creating creative ways to delay the project and now Canada is having to pay Kinder Morgan money to not cancel the project cuz they are tired of waiting

Albertas plans to shut off Oil to BC later this week to retaliate is also illegal tho and the Federal Government isn't doing anything about it

So as many point out this is going beyond just the pipeline itself. There's an issue of sovereignty now at hand as to who is really is in charge in these matters and if the Federal Government can continue to let defiance slide because every level of Government challenges the Federal Government when they don't agree with something and drag the issue and it's creating disfunction and it's hard to get anything done

I’m a bit ignorant when it comes to the political system in Canada, but can’t Trudeau step in an legally do something to ease the situation? Or would that be inadvisable? :selena:

Economy
43 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I’m a bit ignorant when it comes to the political system in Canada, but can’t Trudeau step in an legally do something to ease the situation? Or would that be inadvisable? :selena:

There's a lot he can do. Legal experts say both BC and Alberta could have the Government removed for a year for their actions based on constitutional law.

But no Democratic Government wants to give the impression that they are turning into an unreasonable dictatorship so for political reasons they let it slide. Trudeau in particular hates controversy so I don't see him having the guts to do anything too drastic tbh

On a side note. The Province of Saskatchewan just announced they will join Alberta in shutting off Oil and Gas to BC to pressure them.

Trudeau certainly won't remove 3 Provinces Governments that's  political suicide. I need popcorn this is getting good 🍿

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista
  • Like 1