💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga confirms 2012 single release + other news

Americano

Featured Posts

Vanilla

I hope she only releases one single before the album release. We don't need a repeat of what happened with BTW...

I think two would be good, Born This Way happened because they picked a bad second single and rushed the third

I won't die, but I can't live without you

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

Yeah. 2 singles will be enough to hold us off :)

Single 1: October

Single 2: December

Album: January

December is usually rough for singles though. (xmas radio)

If she were gonna do two, the first would need to come in September.

If she did one, itd probably come in Nov

stricklandbanks

Angry now, are we? If you paid any attention to what happened last year with BTW, you wouldn't have that 'hypothetical' little schedule of yours. It's a bad idea, period. I'm really sorry I don't agree with you.

It's a bad idea? Really? And asking people to buy singles they already have on the album is a good idea?

:dead:

A Stan Was Born

Or the album could release in February or Early March, which would mean she'd probably release a second single in January, with a first single in October or November.

Arturo

December is usually rough for singles though. (xmas radio)

If she were gonna do two, the first would need to come in September.

If she did one, itd probably come in Nov

Forgot about the radio freeze..... :fat:

lairofhk

It's a bad idea? Really? And asking people to buy singles they already have on the album is a good idea?

If you're looking at this from a purely sales point of view (which you clearly are), then yes, your argument makes some sense. But if you're looking at this from a general public/media, and exposure point of view, then I would say your idea is a bad idea, especially after what happened last time (She become overexposed, people got sick of her, her songs and their 'eras' and videos felt rushed and sloppy at points, and it just felt like one big huge mess.)

MermaidBoy

You can think whatever you want - the FACT is the BTW era was unsuccessful in single sales, therefore something has to change for this era.

Americano

You can think whatever you want - the FACT is the BTW era was unsuccessful in single sales, therefore something has to change for this era.

BTW did fine.

stricklandbanks

Nobody has actually read what I said.

I said she should release more singles before the album

That moron said "NO CUZ SHE RUSH RELEASED DEM IN BTW"

I didn't say she should rush release them.

No where did I say it should be the same as the BTW era. Everybody putting words in my mouth. This site never fails to surprise me.

MermaidBoy

BTW did fine.

Other than BTW and Edge of Glory, her singles did not sell as well as hoped.

stricklandbanks

If you're looking at this from a purely sales point of view (which you clearly are), then yes, your argument makes some sense. But if you're looking at this from a general public/media, and exposure point of view, then I would say your idea is a bad idea, especially after what happened last time (She become overexposed, people got sick of her, her songs and their 'eras' and videos felt rushed and sloppy at points, and it just felt like one big huge mess.)

Ofcourse I'm looking at it from a sales point of view. If it wasn't about sales she wouldn't even release singles.

Katy Perry seems to bring out a **** load of singles and nobody gets bored of her. Just saying. Nowhere did I ever say Gaga should rush it. I wouldn't care if the album came out next summer. If she took her time, released the singles, videos then the album, she could tour not long after the album release and not worry about singles anymore, just focus on promoting the album with the tour.

lairofhk

Ofcourse I'm looking at it from a sales point of view. If it wasn't about sales she wouldn't even release singles.

Katy Perry seems to bring out a **** load of singles and nobody gets bored of her. Just saying. Nowhere did I ever say Gaga should rush it. I wouldn't care if the album came out next summer. If she took her time, released the singles, videos then the album, she could tour not long after the album release and not worry about singles anymore, just focus on promoting the album with the tour.

Um, ok, but I'm confused as to why you're arguing for this 'hypothetical' situation when, in reality, there's no way it's gonna happen. Like, what's the point. Cool, it's what you think, but it's not happening. We already know the basics in terms of when the lead single and album are coming out, so you might as well work within the framework that's already set rather than go off and make up your own, while simoltaneously accusing everyone of misreading what you wrote. I'm talking in terms of what we already know, and you're talking in terms of solely what you want. And to build on what others have said, her most of her BTW era singles didn't sell as well as they were expected to.

Arturo

Other than BTW and Edge of Glory, her singles did not sell as well as hoped.

Internationally, BTW, Judas, and TEOG were hits

in the U.S, BTW,TEOG and Y&I were hits

seems pretty good to me :nails:

stricklandbanks

Um, ok, but I'm confused as to why you're arguing for this 'hypothetical' situation when, in reality, there's no way it's gonna happen. Like, what's the point. Cool, it's what you think, but it's not happening. We already know the basics in terms of when the lead single and album are coming out, so you might as well work within the framework that's already set rather than go off and make up your own, while simoltaneously accusing everyone of misreading what you wrote. I'm talking in terms of what we already know, and you're talking in terms of solely what you want. And to build on what others have said, her most of her BTW era singles didn't sell as well as they were expected to.

So what you're saying is, we shouldn't have ideas? I shouldn't think about how I would do things? I should just accept the way they are? In that case this whole ****ing website is redundant because 90% of the time people are making stuff up. What they'd like in songs, titles, videos, album names, outfits, hair styled, collaborations, set design. Nobody knows if this stuff will happen, but everybody asks "What if". Stop stifling peoples creativity. Fascist.

LickableMonsterBoi

It would be amazing if she releases a single around Thanksgiving and than the Album to Drop Jan 1st and at the Drop of the ball (New Years Day 2013) :awesome: . She'll celebrate the new year with a crazy live feed..performing her new single and the main debut single.She did say the album is suppose to sound like 2013??? Didnt she? :mittens:

Archived