Yuuri

Featured Posts

YoungWildCanadian

I hate to be that person but this isn’t living up to her Karmin stuff. :classy:

YoungWildCanadian

Yuuri
7 minutes ago, Lj Tyson Kimbley said:

I hate to be that person but this isn’t living up to her Karmin stuff. :classy:

Wifey, Busta Rhymes, and Holiday have surpased all of her pop-Karmin music, in which they were forced into. R&B, and Rap is what they love doing and reminds them of before they were signed.

zachmousseau

I’ve followed Amy and Nick for nearly a decade, so I felt compelled to say something...

The Qveen Herby platform is being nicely established, yes, especially given that she’s still taking an indie approach to R&B/Hip-Hop, but Herby is not a streaming force nor a radio presence... yet.

Now as for you bashing Karmin, let’s break it down:

-Amy and Nick meshed very well as a couple making fresh, intriguing covers of popular records on YouTube. Amy’s raw and powerful rendition of Look At Me Now established that she could not only sing, but also had the versatility of rapping verses very successfully.

-Karmin’s Brokenhearted and Hello from their debut EP had massive US exposure, and afforded them to tour make their 3rd and final record as a duo. 

-Their first full-length LP, Pulses, was where they were ‘forced’ into the more generic radio-friendly pop you mentioned. 

-The follow-up record, Leo Rising, was completed after they’d parted with the label. ‘Karmin’ was put on hiatus following the tour for the album. 

-Qveen Herby is still Karmin at heart, it’s just a concentrated piece of it. Amy concocted Herby to fully purse a rap career and being a new project. 

-So, you can’t diss one to up-sell the other... because Karmin gave way to Herby ever even happening. We’ll see the full potential of her music when the album is completed and realized. The tracks she’s released on the EPs are sampling where she exactly fits, and what parts everyone responds to most strongly. 

Archived