Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Aquaria racism scandal

Bloodyjack

Featured Posts

Bloodyjack

So to follow up on my last post about aquaria I would now like to give my options on the racism untucked scandal and am interested to hear yours. At the start of the episode I was actually really rooting for the vixen and thought her points were great but I honestly think the racism accusation was wayy too far and kinda childish to be honest. Like if someone is making you out to seem like an angry person then that's slander not racism. I was loving the whole group bitch fight leganja estranja vibes though. Anyway what do my hunties think

Dayman

This thread is going to get messy. I gurantee it. Also, I think we have a Drag Race thread somewhere already.

Trxstan

I don't she was calling aquaria overtly racist. I think she was saying that the viewers would perceive her as the angry black woman yelling at crying white girl, which has racial tendencies.

Though I think she has a point, Vixen needs to chill. There's a difference between being true to who you are and just being rude and instigating fights. Yeah, she said she was 'here to fight,' but just cuz you say something and act on it, doesn't make it okay. If someone were to walk in and say 'I'm just here to sexually assault everyone,' you wouldn't just go 'oh well, she didn't lie so we can't blame her.'

But I also don't think Aquaria was in the right. She did poke at vixen and got frustrated when she couldn't retort back. So I think both of them are in the wrong.

woop hey there keep scrolling

MJHolland
8 minutes ago, Trxstan said:

I don't she was calling aquaria overtly racist. I think she was saying that the viewers would perceive her as the angry black woman yelling at crying white girl, which has racial tendencies.

Though I think she has a point, Vixen needs to chill. There's a difference between being true to who you and just being rude and instigating fights. Yeah, she said she was 'here to fight,' but just cuz you say something and act on it, doesn't make it okay. If someone were to walk in and say 'I'm just here to sexually assault everyone,' you would just go 'oh well, she didn't lie so we can't blame her.'

But I also don't think Aquaria was in the right. She did poke at vixen and got frustrated when she couldn't retort back. So I think both of them are in the wrong.

Aquaria’s read was shady, yes, but all drag queens are shady. It’s the culture, you read your sisters. 

And it would be totally fine for Vixen to read her back! And she did. And Vixen read aquaria for filth, no doubt. 

That’s all fine. But then the Vixen took it sooo personally and straight up harassed her and wouldn’t stop trying to fight her. 

Vixen’s claim that aquaria was trying to make her looks like an angry black woman* was stupid because Vixen was actually being an angry ridiculous person.

Side note: I hate aquaria, so this has nothing to do with her 

*I though it was so cringey when Vixen tried to tell us how black WOMEN are vilanized when she characterizes one on stage but k...

Bloodyjack
Just now, MJHolland said:

Aquaria’s read was shady, yes, but all drag queens are shady. It’s the culture, you read your sisters. 

And it would be totally fine for Vixen to read her back! And she did. And Vixen read aquaria for filth, no doubt. 

That’s all fine. But then the Vixen took it sooo personally and straight up harassed her and wouldn’t stop trying to fight her. 

Vixen’s claim that aquaria was trying to make her looks like an angry black woman* was stupid because Vixen was actually being an angry ridiculous person.

Side note: I hate aquaria, so this has nothing to do with her 

*I though it was so cringey when Vixen tried to tell us how black WOMEN are vilanized when she characterizes one on stage but k...

Exactly my point

Florian

I mean that scene was ridiculous !

Both read each other but then the Vixen took or sooooo personnally to the point it was more bullying than reading. 

And about Aquaria crying... I mean the girl was being harassed left and right, people telling to her face that she was seen like a bitch in the NY scene. That's not something easy to digest. Add to this the stress of the competition and the consequence of all of this on your career. I understand that the girl feels weak and cry.

That statement about racism was plain dumb. It's something a twitter SJW could have said (and that's not a compliment). Not to mention that even if both were wrong, the Vixen was being the angry black woman.

T3ARS

Vixen is right, for the most part. It really annoying when people pluck your nerves and you're expected to just take it. She has every right to come at Aquaria for saying "shady" ****.  People cannot dictate how someone else's response.  It's funny seeing the fandom basically do exactly what The Vixen said they would. Aquaria cries and everyone seems to forget or downplay the **** she did, even forgetting that she was the one that started this. It's hilarious. 

Vixen is wrong by inserting herself into the Cracker vs. Aquaria drama and instigating ****. Even though she has every right to react the way she does, it would be wise of her to realize the image that she is creating and how that will affect her after the show.  

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Letmelivemylife

Sorry if this comes out incoherent. I have a horrible cold and the meds are making me kinda out of it.

Aquaria is the drag daughter of one of the most controversial (albeit misunderstood) queens. Like her mama, aquaria loves to push people's buttons and while it's never meant to be malicious sometimes she takes things too far. She was wrong to "poke the bear" so to speak with Vixen however Vixen took it way beyond what it needed to be. Ganging up on someone to the point where tears are involved isn't right. 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Bloodyjack
9 hours ago, Letmelivemylife said:

Sorry if this comes out incoherent. I have a horrible cold and the meds are making me kinda out of it.

Aquaria is the drag daughter of one of the most controversial (albeit misunderstood) queens. Like her mama, aquaria loves to push people's buttons and while it's never meant to be malicious sometimes she takes things too far. She was wrong to "poke the bear" so to speak with Vixen however Vixen took it way beyond what it needed to be. Ganging up on someone to the point where tears are involved isn't right. 

I sorta agree but I kinda can't help but feel that the tears were fake. I could hear the noise and heavy breathing but no water works and don't worry your fine. Your making mama needles proud with ya drug use lool hope your better soon

JohnnyVersace

Can I just say that if the Vixen doesn't want to be portrayed as an "angry black woman," then she should probably stop attacking everyone, acting irate, and pulling the race card incessantly.

You don't see Monet, Monique or Asia acting in any sort of way. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10353356

Letmelivemylife
1 hour ago, Bloodyjack said:

I sorta agree but I kinda can't help but feel that the tears were fake. I could hear the noise and heavy breathing but no water works and don't worry your fine. Your making mama needles proud with ya drug use lool hope your better soon

Hahaha 😂 My girlfriend has started calling me "mini Sharon" because I was curled up on the couch last night, there was a bottle of my meds on the coffee table, and I was watching a murder documentary. 

Bloodyjack
34 minutes ago, Letmelivemylife said:

Hahaha 😂 My girlfriend has started calling me "mini Sharon" because I was curled up on the couch last night, there was a bottle of my meds on the coffee table, and I was watching a murder documentary. 

Lool. Keep making momma needles proud. That's probably how aquaria was born😂😂

Letmelivemylife
1 hour ago, Bloodyjack said:

Lool. Keep making momma needles proud. That's probably how aquaria was born😂😂

Hahaha omg I know right 😂 

weed

Where was this fight?? I just watched untucked and didn't see it and during the episode I just remember Miz Cracker asking about a sugar daddy

Archived