đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Troy Carter: Just Dance was a failure

Jakub

Featured Posts

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Jakub said:

Have you ever wondered how he would nurtured her career if they didn't split up?

u mean how he nurtured her so well she broke her hip and then rushed her back into another album cycle only to leave her on the day it came out cus it wasn't a BTW 2.0 sales wise? 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Edonis
1 minute ago, Jakub said:

Have you ever wondered how he would nurtured her career if they didn't split up

No, because the whole reason they broke up was because he stopped nuturing her career and was more interested in the money aspect of things :duck:

Edonis

Like it's not really up for debate :huh: You can see in other singers that he's managed (Megan Trainer) where he gets them out there, they blow up, and then they decrease in popularity (substantially) in a relative sense. Really, his business model was based on over-exposure and saturation in the market, hence why he doesn't really manage artists very much anymore :laughga:

ryanripley
8 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Like it's not really up for debate :huh: You can see in other singers that he's managed (Megan Trainer) where he gets them out there, they blow up, and then they decrease in popularity (substantially) in a relative sense. Really, his business model was based on over-exposure and saturation in the market, hence why he doesn't really manage artists very much anymore :laughga:

i wonder how different gaga's career would be if troy was never her manager :duck: would the hip still happen? etc

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Tresor

Not showing the rest of Troy's story is manipulative, he's not wrong when he said Just Dance was a failure....at first. It wasn't until Jony Iovine heard the song that It got big.

Noah

Well, Just Dance took one year to get to #1. It was a difficult time for Dance Artists. There is no need to deny that, but in the end - after it built up, it wasn't a failure anymore (which is what Troye says in the full speech).

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

LG7 time now

Perfect Illusion was a failure too. But no one even tried to push it in her new team...

Gaga was the only responsible one for her pre and post-ARTPOP successes though, not Troy. Thanks God they split.

elijahfan
34 minutes ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

I'd 100% rather have Gaga be happy than to have another #1 hit with Troy

Right. And what's so special about him anyway? He isn't the one that brought her to the SuperBowl, or that gave her that Golden Globe and Oscar nom.

PerfectGUY
4 minutes ago, kevindjibouti said:

Perfect Illusion was a failure too. But no one even tried to push it in her new team...

I want to quote that a thousand times 

Perfect Illusion should have been pushed way more than it was. And just like any masterpiece it was going to click with the GP at some point. And be this WW known classic it will unfortunately never be...

If they gave up on Just Dance like they did with PI, Gaga would never have been famous

44 minutes ago, Edonis said:

No, because the whole reason they broke up was because he stopped nuturing her career and was more interested in the money aspect of things :duck:

This!

LG7 time now
2 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

I want to quote that a thousand times 

Perfect Illusion should have been pushed way more than it was. And just like any masterpiece it was going to click with the GP at some point. And be this WW known classic it will unfortunately never be...

I wouldn't BET it could have been a smash BUT I'm pretty sure it could have been a top 10 single, at least for three weeks if they wanted it to

Mikolaj

Ugh she was so overworked we will probably never imagine. In 2010 she toured basically all the time, doing promo, interviews, new music videos, all in between. No wonder she was everywhere, but at what cost? And then she released a lead single from Born This Way while having FIVE MONTHS left touring with The Fame Monster. Only after she had a whole year free from touring, but she flew the world constantly, promoting the album. And when BTWB came she was determined to top herself again, and we know how that ended.

I wouldn't be surprised if all her health problems started exactly then - around 2010. 

I'm generally not unforgiving, but if there's one person this fanbase should absolutely loathe, it's not Madonna, or Katy, or The Chainsmokers. It's ****ing Troy Carter.

Archived