đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga's big screen debut in Machete Kills (2013)

JDi

Featured Posts

KillMeSarah

blah blah.

Google said so.

blah blah.

:cool:

Leather is JUST as unnecessary as fur. We have the ability to make synthetics and use alternatives at much cheaper prices.

People don't protest leather because it's so common, not useful.

I never had any intention to 'tear people down' and I'm sorry if it came across that way, I was simply pointing out the irony of the situation. People always get so 'offended' as soon as they see fur, then they suddenly act all saintly and preach about how bad it is, yet they sit and eat meat and (most) wear leather, and make-up.

I do not support the use of fur in fashion of any sort, but I don't act like some self-righteous hypocrite when I see it because I know that I have no right to because I eat meat and wear leather.

My point is, unless a person wears no leather, no make-up and is completely vegetarian, they have absolutely no grounds to 'attack' anybody for wearing fur, particularly not someone they claim to be a fan of wearing what has yet to be identified as real or faux fur.

Since I haven't attacked Gaga, you must not be talking about me.

I haven't bought leather in years. The pieces I do have I will wear out (as not to waste them) and refrain from buying any more. Leather is more useful because of the durability (fake leather is nowhere near as strong & thick) and the fact that it can be used for so much more beyond clothing, unlike fur. Not necessary, but indeed useful.

Makeup? Educated consumers only buy cruelty free = products not tested on animals.

I understand what you are trying to say, but it doesn't work.

Let's apply this theory elsewhere. Let's say a person believes in equal rights to all citizens. However they don't believe in marriage among gays. Or maybe they had a delicious sandwich at Chik-Fil-A recently. Should they not even bother fighting for gay rights? (I personally would never support that disgusting restaurant, but others might have different ideas and/or not care, or not see it as related)

What about all the people who are Christian, but don't go to church. Or, they occasionally swear. Should they abandon all of their other Christian values?

Life is not so black and white, and neither are people's beliefs.

If I wear fur and I protest fur = hypocrite.

If I have leather shoes and I protest fur =/= hypocrite.

Again, PLEASE watch the Earthings, so you can see that with this logic, no one can protest anything and everyone is guilty. You're gonna need to add a LOT more to the no leather/no meat/no makeup criteria, to justify anyone being "allowed" to protest fur.

Edited by KillMeSarah

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KillMeSarah

• RAMROD

• SKANK

• Galactastica