Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga's big screen debut in Machete Kills (2013)

JDi

Featured Posts

RAMROD

I would like to think we are having a discussion!

I think this is better than arguing about something petty like Gaga copying Madonna :sweat:

I don't see we are arguing too, just exchange our point of view :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KillMeSarah

• RAMROD

• SKANK

• Galactastica

It's a movie. In a movie you portray the character, not yourself.

:laughga:

I'm pretty active in fighting for animal rights on a daily basis, as I spread the word about issues, donate and support relevant organizations, and participate in protests and rallys outside the internet. On top of that, I haven't eaten beef or pork in 17 years, and limit myself on fish and chicken (which I'd like to eventually quit). So yes, I actually do give a **** about animals.

You actually can't argue fur is a necessity, unless you are speaking for those who live in Alaska/Russia/somewhere deadly cold. Real fur is illegal in some countries- do you know why?

I myself don't need meat, but I won't get on anyone's case for eating it- it's a personal choice (and often a dietary one). Fur, on the other hand, is marketed to consumers as fashion, NOT for warmth, and there are plenty of fake alternatives which make killing animals for their fur completely pointless. Gaga has worn countless pieces of fake fur, which look great on her, and also promote the fact that fake fur can look elegant and fashionable. She should stick with that.

Fish and chicken are animals too. Why do people say they dont eat animals/meat but ocassionally cheat with fish and/or chicken? Thats hypocritical. You only give a **** about certain animals and not others?

I have a goldfish at home and I find that offensive you know...

And if you cant argue that fur is a necessity, than you cant argue that eating meat is a necessity cause its not.

Um, but anyways, I understand your anger if Gaga said she was against wearing real fur and choose to wear real fur. Guess I just choose to talk about your position on animal rights...

KillMeSarah

Fish and chicken are animals too. Why do people say they dont eat animals/meat but ocassionally cheat with fish and/or chicken? Thats hypocritical. You only give a **** about certain animals and not others?

I have a goldfish at home and I find that offensive you know...

And if you cant argue that fur is a necessity, than you cant argue that eating meat is a necessity cause its not.

Um, but anyways, I understand your anger if Gaga said she was against wearing real fur and choose to wear real fur. Guess I just choose to talk about your position on animal rights...

I never said I was vegan or vegetarian. My beliefs and personal choices are really none of your business, but if you are inferring that someone may as well eat beef, pork, chicken and fish, OR not eat any of them (choose between A or B, nothing in between) that is ridiculous. That is a very black and white way of seeing things!

Food is absolutely a necessity, but meat is not always. I had a friend who was vegetarian for years, until he started having health problems. His doctor told him his body NEEDS meat, and his health would suffer if he continued to be a vegetarian.

I have never heard this argument for fur ;)

If you are interested in why some people so passionately protest fur, go ahead and check out how fur is obtained by watching the many videos available online.

I personally recommend The Earthlings, as it covers every single aspect of how animals are used and consumed by man. Once you possess the relevant information, you can decide for yourself which aspects you have a problem with (if any) and which industries you want to support (if any).

Here it is:

http://earthlings.com/?page_id=32

you can skip right to the part about fur here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pawoXU2pzJo

warning: the above videos are very graphic and upsetting, so please be cautious.

Miel

Personally, I just assume it's fake fur. As a movie prop, I don't see the necessity in real fur when artificial fur can be obtained for much cheaper and more endurable.

3 points in and ready for more

Do you think they would use real fur for a character who probably has no more than 10 min of screentime? I don't think so. Movies won't always represent good/positive things.. especially this kind of movie (did you see the director's cut someone posted a few pages ago?)

If its real fur, I would be mad as its unnecessary. But its most likely fake, so I don't see the problem as she's representing a character. Actors don't get to chose what their character wears.

Amen Fashion

It´s clearly not real. Yes she wears real fur. The coat she has, is real. But I really don´t think that this is real - It really would be to much.

giskardsb

ok, if you don't want to believe that Gaga is just wearing fur in a MOVIE poster because the director wanted her to and her character would wear it, then maybe Gaga is making a statement against fur wearing by wearing the entire animal, thus reminding people where fur really comes from.

It's possible ( probable actually since I don't know who else would leave the head and legs attached) that the piece in question is an old native american ceremonial costume. Wolves were generally sacred to native americans so the particular wolf in this case would not have been killed in malice or just for it's fur, and likely died naturally.

I also find it entertaining that people are complaining about the dead wolf, when the movie itself will be glorifying the violence against likely 100's of humans. It reminds me of christians complaining about a naked breast in a movie, but not the 200 people that get decapitated.

il_570xN.345417564.jpg

Edited by sbmonster

It's a movie. In a movie you portray the character, not yourself.

This is true. She might have just worn that because it's the character wearing it. The director says jump, I'm sure she'd jump. So she wore fur.

Amen Fashion

ok, if you don't want to believe that Gaga is just wearing fur in a MOVIE poster because the director wanted her to and her character would wear it, then maybe Gaga is making a statement against fur wearing by wearing the entire animal, thus reminding people where fur really comes from.

It's possible also that the piece in question is an old native american ceremonial costume. Wolves were generally sacred to native americans so the particular wolf in this case would not have been killed in malice or just for it's fur, and likely died naturally.

It just looks Gangsta-Bad-Ass :sweat: Like a real Mafia wife you know.

stricklandbanks

Found this on Twitter ... I CAN'T :cryga:

May offend some Madonna fans!

483952_376870009046479_290425610_n.jpg

Edited by stricklandbanks

Lady Gaga... being a role model for the children of tomorrow...

I love how this is your first post :rofl:

stricklandbanks

This is true. She might have just worn that because it's the character wearing it. The director says jump, I'm sure she'd jump. So she wore fur.

99% likely that this is how it worked out

It's kind of important, since she's always said she is anti-fur. Wearing a real wolf carcass is certainly not a good way to show support for the anti-fur cause.

I doubt it's a real one. The Bad Romance polar bear was fake.

Oh my god. I was lying in my hotel room last night flipping through channels and caught the beginning of Machete. It was a really gruesome movie, but slightly entertaining.