Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do long albums put you off?

ordinarynam1310

Featured Posts

If it's long just to be long and fill up space (like a lot of 90s albums when the CD was coming out) then yes. If it's justifiably long and interesting, I don't mind. 

anybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the moon

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HairBow

Well, if the music is good, then long albums are fantastic.

One of my favorite albums from the 90's is Nine Inch Nails' "The Fragile," and it's a 2-part album.

Also, one of the greatest albums of all time, Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is a 2-part album as well.

Just a little something: On my playlist/music collection, I have actually split "Born This Way" into a double album, and I find myself enjoying the album even more this way, especially with the way I have rearranged the track list on each part.

HairBow
1 hour ago, LaLuna said:

If the album is good, then no. But the problem with long albums is that more often than not, the longer the album, the more likely it is that most of it will be filler. I find that albums that don't have a lot of songs have a better chance of being good from start to finish. Case in point, my favorite album of all time, which only has 9 songs:

220px-Depeche_Mode_-_Violator.png

And of course:

220px-The_Fame_Monster.jpg

Depeche Mode's "Violator" is life. :heart::heart::heart:

Luv u Sum

I like longer albums just cuz if an albums short and I don't like some of the songs and I skip them then it's like even shorter :derpga:

misunderstood

Nope.

I'm so sick of people using the overused "qUaLiTy > qUaNtiTy" line.

When imo you have more chances of being disappointed by a short album than a long album.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

misunderstood

Also the "filler" term is tired and I can't take ANYONE who says it seriously. 

misunderstood

I think people who hate long albums just have bad attention spans (aka 90% of the human race) :ladyhaha:

Andreu
7 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

Nope.

I'm so sick of people using the overused "qUaLiTy > qUaNtiTy" line.

When imo you have more chances of being disappointed by a short album than a long album.

Exactly, I'm actually pissed at this trend that luckily never finished taking off that "I make a 9-track album but hey the lyrics are cohesive and there's a strong concept so that's OK"

Decodekid
1 hour ago, Saint Hollywood said:

Quality > Quantity

:whitney:

OMG YOU'RE BACK

tenor.gif

Im Harol don't tell anyone

tomdsgn

I love a short really strong cohesive album.

I was never a Chris Brown fan but liked some of his singles, went to check out his new album and it’s like 45 tracks :selena:

A few hours worth of mediocrity I assume 

God Control

Albums like Queen of the Clouds, Born This Way, Starboy and Rebel Heart can be quite enjoyable from start to finish. I love TFM the most, because it's a short and a concentrated album, but if it was long and enjoyable, then why not?

Smother Em Eh

Yes they do! Like what Chris Brown did with his new album. 47 songs? Really that’s ridiculous. That’s ridiculously too long. 

And what Madonna did with Rebel Heart...:awkney:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

RAMROD

Nope. And some of them are really, really good.

Y'all youngin just got short attention span sksksks

Also, there are these people who like, "I love classicals!" but also said they cannot stand long albums, like, have you really listened any classicals before or attending any concertos? Frontin ass bish! :selena:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived