💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My "Born This Way" Era....

Bowie

Featured Posts

My fan-made artwork for the BTW Era. Explained below:

If you were Gaga/Interscope, would you have managed the "Born This Way" era differently, and how successful would it have been? On this thread you can post your own fan-made artworks, promotional posters etc. For example, this is how I would have managed the era:

N.B. I colourised and edited all of these images myself. It was my first time doing something like this so any feedback would be greatly accepted. Thank-you :)

LEAD SINGLE: "BORN THIS WAY"

RELEASE DATE: 1ST JANUARY 2011

BRIEF NOTES: Gaga premieres the music video on Christmas Day as a present for her fans. The single is released on New Years' Day and becomes the fastest-selling single of all time (iTunes) and debuts at #1 in over 25 countries. The single remains at No. 1 for five weeks in the U.S.A and four in the U.K., with similar stats all over the globe. A Remixes E.P. is released at 00:00 on 14th February, after Gaga performs the track live for the first time at the Grammys.

SECOND SINGLE: "SCHEIßE"

RELEASE DATE: 20TH MARCH 2011

BRIEF NOTES: Gaga premieres the music video for the track on 17th March, and the single is released three days later. It debuts at #2 and climbs to #1, where it will stay for a long time. A remixes E.P. follows on 17th April.

THE ALBUM: "BORN THIS WAY"

RELEASE DATE: 28TH MARCH 2011 (GAGA'S BIRTHDAY)

BRIEF NOTES: The album debuts at #1 in over seventeen countries. However, it is quickly banned in some territories due to its religious content. It is released in 3 editions: Standard (CD, Vinyl, Digital), Little Monsters (CD Box Set Containing Standard Edition + 10 Picture Postcards, Plus A Special Message From Gaga) and the Collectors' Edition (CD/Vinyl Box Set Containing Standard Edition, 10 Picture Postcards, A Message From Gaga, A DVD Containing The Videos To Both Singles Released Thus Far & Behind The Scenes Footage From The Album Photoshoot + A Special Version Of The BTW Video - It Contains New Footage & Is Set To A New Remix Of The Song) N.B. Artwork shown is for Standard Edition, and the cover of the Collectors' Edition.

THIRD SINGLE: "THE EDGE OF GLORY"

RELEASE DATE: 28TH JUNE 2011

BRIEF NOTES: Gaga premieres the music video for the track on 1st June (which features Clarence, R.I.P.) and the song is released in two stages: Firstly, "The Edge Of Glory - Single" is released - a one-track single containing a shorter edit of the track, followed by "The Edge Of Glory - The Remixes", an E.P. containing 6 new remixes. The single peaks at #1, becoming the third single from the album to reach such a position.

FOURTH SINGLE: "HEAVY METAL LOVER" (AUSTRALIA/ASIA, USA)

RELEASE DATE: 29TH SEPTEMBER 2011

BRIEF NOTES: Gaga premieres the music video for the track on 1st September (it is a continuation of the one used for the VMA promo vid), and the a one-track single is released in the territories mentioned above. This one-track single features a short dubstep breakdown just before the M8. A Remixes E.P. is released on October 9th, featuring 8 remixes of the song. The single release peaks at #1.

FOURTH SINGLE: "HIGHWAY UNICORN (ROAD TO LOVE)" (EUROPE/OTHER TERRITORIES)

RELEASE DATE: 4TH OCTOBER 2011

BRIEF NOTES: Gaga premieres the music video for the track on 20th September 2011, with a second video (set to the radio remix) on 23rd September 2011. A one-track single is released, containing the radio dubstep remix of the track. The Remixes E.P. follows on October 29th. The single release peaks at #4.

FIFTH SINGLE: "GOVERNMENT HOOKER"

RELEASE DATE: 19TH JANUARY 2012

BRIEF NOTES: Gaga premieres the music video for the track on New Years' Day 2012. The single will be used to promote the upcoming platinum edition of the album (which is due for release on February 9th). A one-track single (featuring an edited version of the track - where the "Io Ritorne" section is replaced by an extended instrumental section) is released on January 20th, and peaks at #1 in over eleven countries; a Remixes E.P. featuring 8 remixes of the song is released on February 10th, and it even peaks at #5 on the Australian albums chart!

ALBUM RE-ISSUE: "BORN THIS WAY: THE PLATINUM EDITION"

RELEASE DATE: 9TH FEBRUARY 2012

BRIEF NOTES: This platinum edition includes ten new remixes of the songs, and four new tracks, including the future single "Till I Die".

SIXTH SINGLE: "FASHION OF HIS LOVE"

RELEASE DATE: 3RD MARCH 2012

BRIEF NOTES: The RedOne single remix of the song is released as a one-track single on 3rd March 2012. It only peaks at #1 in the U.K. and Canada. The song peaks around the 5/6 position in most territories, except in Australia, where it peaked at #13. A Remix E.P. follows on 9th March, containing 5 remixes. The song's music video (set to the single remix) is unveiled on the 11th March; this boosts sales, and causes the single to rise from #6 to #5 in the U.S., its peak position.

SEVENTH SINGLE: "TILL I DIE"

RELEASE DATE: 4TH JUNE 2012

BRIEF NOTES: With the BTWBall in full swing, the era's final single (one of four new songs on the platinum edition) "Till I Die", is released, on 4th June 2012. The Remixes E.P. performs well in most countries upon its 14th June release, with the one-track single peaking at #2/#3 in most territories. A music video is premiered on 20th June 2012.

EDIT: THE PICTURES DIDN'T SHOW ON THIS PAGE, SO HERE'S A LINK TO THE ALBUM WITH ALL THE ARTWORKS FOR THE ERA: http://imgur.com/a/q9ScN#0

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any feedback is greatly appreciated Sorry the pictures don't show, the embedding thing was playing up :/ If you have any images of Gaga you want colourised, let me know.

not bad, but what is till i die :huh: should have been princess die.

It's like my own made-up Gaga song that would appear on the platinum edition of born this way in my version of the btw era. I just thought it sounded quite intriguing. Princess Die fits with the themes of the next one so it wouldn't appear on the new version. (Most of the songs on my platinum edition would be "outtakes" of BTW. For example, SOFY would also be on plat. edition :)

:rockstar:

This would have slayed :legend: . WHY DIDN'T GAGA MAKE SHEISSE A SINGLE

Thanks so much! I've been working on this for nearly a month :) She didn't make it a single as MTN flopped. Interscope told her she needed to cut it short. That's why she'd started performing HML & Scheisse - they were intended to be 6th & 7th singles, respectively. But she cut the era short. That's what I've heard. :cryga:

This would have slayed :legend: . WHY DIDN'T GAGA MAKE SHEISSE A SINGLE

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE, BUT MTN FLOPPED SO SHES LIKE, KAYNOMOARBORNTHISWAY :noparty:

FameWhore

Thanks so much! I've been working on this for nearly a month :) She didn't make it a single as MTN flopped. Interscope told her she needed to cut it short. That's why she'd started performing HML & Scheisse - they were intended to be 6th & 7th singles, respectively. But she cut the era short. That's what I've heard. :cryga:

Haha your welcome :D and I still it would have slayed after the mess MTN was :wtf:

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE, BUT MTN FLOPPED SO SHES LIKE, KAYNOMOARBORNTHISWAY :noparty:

Y MTN Y U FLOP !1!.

Stephen

Dubstep is tacky.

Re-releases are tacky.

You can't release a video before the single because people would rip the audio and it would affect sales.

Dubstep is tacky.

Re-releases are tacky.

You can't release a video before the single because people would rip the audio and it would affect sales.

Yes that´s right, but Alejandro was released as a single AFTER the video too. (as far as I remember lol).

Oh yes The Fame Monster was out so the song was available! Sorry :sweat:

GagaObsession

Not gonna lie, it's good!

:)

Not gonna lie, it's good!

:)

Thank-you :)

Dubstep is tacky.

Re-releases are tacky.

So TFM was tacky?

Stephen

So TFM was tacky?

No, because Gaga considered it an album on its own. 4 new songs and 10 remixes isn't a new album.

No, because Gaga considered it an album on its own. 4 new songs and 10 remixes isn't a new album.

I know, but surely it's good for those few who have not listened to the music of the era to get them interested; plus a re-release helps to provide promo e.g. for a tour or regular tv appearance etc. Many re-releases have reached the top ten.

If you need any colourised images for your own personal projects, quote this post/PM me :)

Thanks

Archived