Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

RESULTS | The Velvet Rope - Janet

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

That J
Just now, Janet said:

Ok wow clearly none of you have taste x

Notice how the ones with taste are the only ones to show their faces for the rate. :sharon:

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phoebe Buffay

[#05] Got 'til It's Gone - 9,1

Highs - @FrankGutz - 11

Lows - @The Bling - 6

YhctYVk.jpg

Commentary

Spoiler

@That J - Taking a riff from the Joni Mitchell classic, Ms Jackson (cuz I'm nasty) brings a unique charm. Unexpected yet great....absolutely underrated.

@janetjackson - A bon-a-fide classic that's somehow become fresher with time. It sounds better today than it did in 1997. The video is breathtaking.

@Janet - The original lounge-pop. An absolute classic. The genius of having that Joni Mitchell sample it astounding. The music video also introduced one of her most iconic looks, so this song has a lot of worth.

@Texas Joanne - while it isn’t my personal favorite, it’s still amazing in every way. classic Janet

@The Bling -  I'm not the biggest fan of these kind of songs tbh, they go nowhere :selena: At least it's not too long

@HausOfAmericano - A bop :music:

@Kandy life - The bass, the collaborators made this song really special. A stand in the album!

@FrankGutz - OMFG, i remember when i was gettin' into Trip-Hop and i saw someone talking about this bop, this changed my entire image i had of Janet, she won my heart, one of the most brilliants songs in her discography, its just as brillian and special as Kylies PI, this one will ever be her best work, ever!

Janet
Just now, EvilRegal said:

[#05] Got 'til It's Gone - 9,1

Highs - @FrankGutz - 11

Lows - @The Bling - 6

YhctYVk.jpg

Commentary

Reveal hidden contents

@That J - Taking a riff from the Joni Mitchell classic, Ms Jackson (cuz I'm nasty) brings a unique charm. Unexpected yet great....absolutely underrated.

@janetjackson - A bon-a-fide classic that's somehow become fresher with time. It sounds better today than it did in 1997. The video is breathtaking.

@Janet - The original lounge-pop. An absolute classic. The genius of having that Joni Mitchell sample it astounding. The music video also introduced one of her most iconic looks, so this song has a lot of worth.

@Texas Joanne - while it isn’t my personal favorite, it’s still amazing in every way. classic Janet

@The Bling -  I'm not the biggest fan of these kind of songs tbh, they go nowhere :selena: At least it's not too long

@HausOfAmericano - A bop :music:

@Kandy life - The bass, the collaborators made this song really special. A stand in the album!

@FrankGutz - OMFG, i remember when i was gettin' into Trip-Hop and i saw someone talking about this bop, this changed my entire image i had of Janet, she won my heart, one of the most brilliants songs in her discography, its just as brillian and special as Kylies PI, this one will ever be her best work, ever!

CRIMINAL

That J

Got Til It's Gone is a mature jam and way more interesting than Together Again..

And Go Deep, which I love. 

That J

Velvet Rope wasn't a single so it's probably next. 

Phoebe Buffay

[#04] Go Deep - 9,11

Highs - @KING - 11

Lows - @Bad Monster Kid - 6

zVSkWCD.jpg

Commentary

Spoiler

@That J - Yall....this ain't nothing but a mofo BOP!  Just listen to that break between 3:26-3:36.  Yup...That's what's up!

@janetjackson - Go Deep injects much needed lightness and humor into the album. After listening to this track for over 20 years, I feel like I am still discovering new musical layers. It features over 60 Janet vocal takes mixed together and a deceivingly complex number of elements creating the simple song. It's the perfect R&B dance track, and in my opinion, should have been the official first single.

@Janet - The song that got me really invested in Janet Jackson. Sexy, forward-thinking, with excellent production. This song has it's fingerprints on a lot of modern pop.

@FrankGutz - just cute

@Texas Joanne - ok a SONG. perfect for partying on a Friday night. classic fun and playful Janet 

@HausOfAmericano - A fun bop :music:

@The Bling - This is a cute bop :bon:

That J

Hahaha well my baby hung in for a good while.  It still isn't my 11 tho so ...

COME THRU Velvet Rope!!!

Janet
Just now, EvilRegal said:

[#04] Go Deep - 9,11

Highs - @KING - 11

Lows - @Bad Monster Kid - 6

zVSkWCD.jpg

Commentary

Hide contents

@That J - Yall....this ain't nothing but a mofo BOP!  Just listen to that break between 3:26-3:36.  Yup...That's what's up!

@janetjackson - Go Deep injects much needed lightness and humor into the album. After listening to this track for over 20 years, I feel like I am still discovering new musical layers. It features over 60 Janet vocal takes mixed together and a deceivingly complex number of elements creating the simple song. It's the perfect R&B dance track, and in my opinion, should have been the official first single.

@Janet - The song that got me really invested in Janet Jackson. Sexy, forward-thinking, with excellent production. This song has it's fingerprints on a lot of modern pop.

@FrankGutz - just cute

@Texas Joanne - ok a SONG. perfect for partying on a Friday night. classic fun and playful Janet 

@HausOfAmericano - A fun bop :music:

@The Bling - This is a cute bop :bon:

edRVw_s-200x150.gif

Phoebe Buffay

As we are getting closer and closer to the winner, what are your top 3 songs? :oprah:

That J

Should be

3. Together Again

2. I get Lonely

3. Velvet Rope 

Will be

3. Velvet Rope

2. I get Lonely

3. Together Again 

That J

Together Again should be like number 6 lol. 

Archived