💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

RESULTS | The Velvet Rope - Janet

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

Bad Monster Kid

I’m ok with Rope Burn so low. It’s good but there are so much better topics touched on in other songs. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phoebe Buffay

[#11] Every Time - 8,19

Highs - @RAMROD@Kandy life@That J@FrankGutz@HausOfAmericano - 10

Lows - @Inferno - 1

di0NY2O.jpg

Commentary

Spoiler

@That J - I love a simple Janet ballad.  Like "Again"...this hits that spot.  Simply gorgeous.

@Janet - A cute ballad, but against the backdrop of so many genre-altering songs, this pales into insignificance.

@Texas Joanne - the sweetness and vulnerability Janet shows here is so beautiful.. definitely a standout

@janetjackson - One of Janet's best and most underrated ballads. Lyrically, she's sort of going through the motions here, but musically it's superb.

@FrankGutz - classic Janet, i love it so much, this song always gets me super emotional, i guess is for nostalgia

@Kandy life - The insecurity of falling in love. I really relate to this one.

@Inferno - I feel like this song and Tonights the Night hold the album back from being a masterpiece. had she omitted these two standard/generic ballds it wouldve been perfect from start to finish.

@HausOfAmericano - Her ballads are the best 

That J
Just now, EvilRegal said:

[#11] Every Time - 8,19

Highs - @RAMROD@Kandy life@That J@FrankGutz@HausOfAmericano - 10

Lows - @Inferno - 1

di0NY2O.jpg

Commentary

Reveal hidden contents

@That J - I love a simple Janet ballad.  Like "Again"...this hits that spot.  Simply gorgeous.

@Janet - A cute ballad, but against the backdrop of so many genre-altering songs, this pales into insignificance.

@Texas Joanne - the sweetness and vulnerability Janet shows here is so beautiful.. definitely a standout

@janetjackson - One of Janet's best and most underrated ballads. Lyrically, she's sort of going through the motions here, but musically it's superb.

@FrankGutz - classic Janet, i love it so much, this song always gets me super emotional, i guess is for nostalgia

@Kandy life - The insecurity of falling in love. I really relate to this one.

@Inferno - I feel like this song and Tonights the Night hold the album back from being a masterpiece. had she omitted these two standard/generic ballds it wouldve been perfect from start to finish.

@HausOfAmericano - Her ballads are the best 

You guys are killing me DEAD!   That J lived a full life. .....:bye:

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Bad Monster Kid

What About, Title track, I Get So Lonely better be in Top 5. 

That J

I bet Got Til It's Gone goes soon. 

That J
Just now, Bad Monster Kid said:

What About and Title track better be in Top 5. 

Top 3!!!

That J

4. You

3. Go Deep

2. What About

1. Velvet Rope 

Perfection. 

Phoebe Buffay

[#10] Special - 8,42

Highs - @Kandy life@gabrielflorin01@Texas Joanne@HausOfAmericano - 10

Lows - @ssslyboy - 5,5

YsqdD2l.jpg

Commentary

Spoiler

@That J - Love this final track.  Sounds like MJ but with that Janet twist. A lovely way to end such an epic album.

@janetjackson - A classic Jackson ballad to end the album complete with children's choir. My favorite track when I first bought the album as a kid. Through her sincerity, she escapes the potential of it being preachy or contrived.

@Janet - See "Every Time" for notes on how it sounds. What sets the two apart is how this deals with the background trauma Janet has been through as a child and young woman, which gives this far more gravitas and interest than "Every Time". You can really hear how she longs to overcome her history.

@HausOfAmericano - This song is basically the conclusion of the beautiful chapter that is The Velvet Rope :diane:

@FrankGutz - super sexy bop, i use to play this **** to relax and just walk around feelin' myself, love it

@Kandy life - I got the need to feel I''m special too! This is the message fo the whole album; It goes back and forth while exploring different sides of human complexity. This song makes me fall in love with Janet over and over again.

@Texas Joanne - a perfect closer to a perfect album. the album seems like a dark tunnel to me when I listened to it, and Special is like the light at the end. so hopeful and always calms me

@The Bling - THIS :giveup::giveup::giveup:

IAmNotHere1997
2 minutes ago, That J said:

4. You

3. Go Deep

2. What About

1. Velvet Rope 

Perfection. 

MTE

That J

I'm speechless for once.  Geez

Bad Monster Kid
3 minutes ago, That J said:

4. You

3. I Get So Lonely

2. What About

1. Velvet Rope 

Perfection. 

This better. 

That J

This was an album rate not an album slaughter. Lol. 

Archived