opinion

Joanne was NOT for the fans

NotMyFlop

Featured Posts

RAMROD
Just now, PerfectGUY said:

It clearly doesn't

Just look at the videos for PI and MR

They're obviously about the GP and the music industry, and how true monsters are the ones she keeps fighting for

Singing : 'YOU were a perfect Illusion' right in the GP's ears, what a genius :giveup:

Perfect Illusion is actually about Pizza in the shower she once saw. It was the last slice that she was saving and it wasted that way. She still had nightmare about it at night to this day 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teal Ambition
8 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Why do fans make everything about the fans? She was obviously talking about Taylor in PI. 

PI is about social media :trollga:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

TheLameMonster
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

Perfect Illusion is actually about Pizza in the shower she once saw. It was the last slice that she was saving and it wasted that way. She still had nightmare about it at night to this day 

:air::air:

I’m not flawless but I got a diamond heart

ArtGagaPop

More like, it wasn't for the fans that wanted her to be stuck in 2010 for the rest of the career :triggered:

I have been a casual fan since tf/tfm and really started to become a big fan during btw and joanne is my favorite album of hers. I like that with every album she changes the sounds and touch diffrent generes but all the time you can still hear that gaga touch to it. If she keept releasing varations of tfm it would become boring. :nails:

ryanripley
Just now, ArtGagaPop said:

More like, it wasn't for the fans that wanted her to be stuck in 2010 for the rest of the career :triggered:

I have been a casual fan since tf/tfm and really started to become a big fan during btw and joanne is my favorite album of hers. I like that with every album she changes the sounds and touch diffrent generes but all the time you can still hear that gaga touch to it. If she keept releasing varations of tfm it would become boring. :nails:

true

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

NotMyFlop
1 minute ago, ArtGagaPop said:

the 8 red one songs, imho, are a variation of the fame monster. that's why we won't ever get them. 

LibraOctober98

I sort of thought it out, I think it goes like this:

The Fame was for... The Fame. Like she did it to get famous and make a name

The Fame Monster was more for herself

Born This Way was for us, the fans

ARTPOP was for herself/art/pop culture

Joanne was for her friends and family.

Not everything has to be for us

VOLANTIS
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

oh here we go again :poot: that song is so vague it could be about anyone who pissed her off :poot:

@BorisIsHere sis you better start saying some names

d5szC5k.gif

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

15 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

I believe she didn't want to drag Taylor through the drama. She obviously did care about him.

But it's not that deep of a song to figure out that it is about him.

Have you seen the music video? It’s clearly about the fans.

Luxe Ford

I don't know, but Joanne left me very confused. Before, most things about Lady Gaga was about fame, or maybe the deconstruction of fame: the wigs, the crazy clothes, the artifice, the Gaga *persona*. 

Then suddenly she throws all that aside and becomes something much more grounded, mature and naturalistic. I think she made Joanne for herself and that she hoped her monster fan base would get why she had to make that change and that we would embrace it.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

McMonster08

IMO Joanne was for the GP, and I think that was a smart move. It was probably aimed to keep the fans she gained during C2C, and gain more fans, new fans that didn't like her image or slept on her during the first four albums.

This is probably a reach but I think she decided not to proceed with the dark route and make Joanne instead after the Bowie tribute, the feedback from that performance might have made her and her team think that GP is not into Gaga but the Lady.

Babel

Only true fans know that Perfect Illusion was about her really big donkey ****. 

Supersonic

It clearly wasn't pandering to her demographic (sans DIC), which made it a great album.

ErickSlayyy

Tea even though I wanted a stripped down Gaga album already so that’s why I loved Joanne :wub:

VOLANTIS
24 minutes ago, Bio said:

Have you seen the music video? It’s clearly about the fans.

I just said she's not going to admit it's about Taylor, or make any notions of it if it were about him. :emma: 

Obviously I didn't write the song so I'm only making assumptions here. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived