9. Alejandro

10. The edge of glory

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phoebe Buffay
10 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

How ? :wtfga:

Just Dance WW sales: 13,870,000 - 7,200,000 (US sales) = 6,670,000 (outside the US)

Alejandro WW sales: 5,590,000 - 2,620,000 (US sales) = 2,970,000 (outside the US) 

Telephone WW sales: 9,810,000 - 3,500,000 (US sales) = 6,310,000 (outside the US)

Just Dance was way bigger than Alejandro and is bigger than Telephone as well. 

Not in terms of sales only. Alejandro was bigger than Just Dance. Well, at least in Europe. In summer 2010 Alejandro was playing in every club or store. Just Dance was bigger in NA than in other countries.

gstring

Poker Face, Bad Romance and surprisingly paparazzi and alejandro

Little little

Phoebe Buffay
23 minutes ago, Andreu said:

As much as I'd love to agree with you, there's no way Alejandro was bigger WW than telephone. I'd put BTW higher too @EvilRegal

Born This Way wasn't as big as the other ones. It was in 2011 but now I don't think so.

Summer Boy
Just now, EvilRegal said:

Not in terms of sales only. Alejandro was bigger than Just Dance. Well, at least in Europe. In summer 2010 Alejandro was playing in every club or store. Just Dance was bigger in NA than in other countries.

Digital sales were the main way to calculate the popularity of a song back when those two songs were released; Just Dance has WAY bigger sales = it's a bigger hit, it's a fact. You can't prove what you're saying, it's just an opinion. Facts > opinion.

It depends. In sales relative to population, Alejandro is top four for sure. And Bad Romance VS Poker Face for #1 depends on whether we’re considering longevity and lasting impact. If we are, I’d say:

1. Bad Romance

2. Poker Face

(big gap)

3. Just Dance

4. Alejandro

5. Born This Way

6. Telephone

7. Paparazzi 

8. The Edge of Glory

9. Judas

10. Applause

11. LoveGame

12. Do What You Want

13. You and I

14. Million Reasons

15. The Cure

16. Marry the Night

17. Perfect illusion 

18. Eh eh

19. Dance in the Dark

20. G.U.Y.

21. Til it Happens to You

22. Joanne 

Its worth remembering that a few singles (Judas, Alejandro & Paparazzi) did a lot better internationally than they did in the US. So just because others (such as Applause, LoveGame, MR and You and I) may have outpeaked them in NA, doesn’t mean they were smaller worldwide hits.

Phoebe Buffay
10 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

Digital sales were the main way to calculate the popularity of a song back when those two songs were released; Just Dance has WAY bigger sales = it's a bigger hit, it's a fact. You can't prove what you're saying, it's just an opinion. Facts > opinion.

giphy.gif

For example, Hung Up is Madge's best selling single but we all know what song is her biggest hit. Together Again is Janet's best selling song but we all know that 'That's the Way Love Goes' is her biggest, so....

Summer Boy
2 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

giphy.gif

For example, Hung Up is Madge's best selling single but we all know what song in her biggest hit. Together Again is Janet's best selling song but we all know that 'That's the Way Love Goes' is her biggest, so....

Because those songs were released in a different climate... You can't compare singles sales of a song from the 80's to sales from a song released in 2005. Of course Hung Up is gonna sell more it was released in the DIGITAL age... You don't seem to know a lot about charts, do you? 

Just Dance and Alejandro were both released in the digital age so you can compare them and Just Dance is obviously bigger. 

Sneaky Oliver

Bad Romance, Poker Face and Alejandro for top3

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

All I know is that Million Reasons is nowhere in that top10 :laughga: That was totally USA only and few other random places where it went platinum after months.

Her Fame\Monster days were the biggest for sure. But still it's just hard to manage this in "worldwide" score and it actually goes way far than only "sales" since we can like, pick up the fact "The Cure" was her highest charting song in Australia since The Edge Of Glory yet I don't think it outsold Applause. There are many factors to count it.

I can tell you Judas & Marry The Night were really hit singles in Brazil. Judas was like her most played song ever here followed by Alejandro (or the otherway but yeah, both).

Taide

LMFAO AT YALL SAYING MILLION REASONS!! 

1. Poker Face

2. Bad Romance

3. Just Dance

4. Alejandro

5. Telephone

6. Born This Way

7. Paparazzi

8. LoveGame

9. Applause

10. The Edge of Glory

Taide
1 minute ago, Leeo said:

I can tell you Judas & Marry The Night were really hit singles in Brazil. Judas was like her most played song ever here followed by Alejandro (or the otherway but yeah, both).

Ikr! Judas was a huge hit in Europe while it flopped in USA.

MR was a cute lil hit in USA while it flopped _almost_ everywhere else.

A Hybrid

Americans don't see how some radios didn't even play Born This Way because it has the words gay bi transgender and lesbian

No family’s safe when I sashay

TEANUS

1. Poker Face

2. Bad Romance

3. Born This Way

4. Just Dance

5. Telephone

6. Applause

7. The Edge of Glory

8. Alejandro

9. Paparazzi

10. Million Reasons

11. Do What U Want

12. LoveGame

13. You and I

14. Judas

15. Marry The Night

16. Perfect Illusion

17. G.U.Y. 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

brit4ever

Can't at people putting MR in the Top 10, when like 95% of the people in Europe, Asia, South America and Australia(?) doesn't even know it exists,........ :poot: 

Archived