💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga will get another #1 (like Britney)

sexy

Featured Posts

I read a thread a little while ago about whether Gaga's career would be most like (I believe it was) Cyndi Lauper, Kylie Minogue, or Madonna (might be wrong in who those were). However, I think her career will be far more similar to that of Britney Spears in terms of commercial/chart success than any of those artists.

It's odd to consider, but Britney's greatest chart success actually came between 2007 and 2011, when she had 7 Top 10 singles and 3 Hot 100 #1s. Threads pop up all the time about "When will Gaga get another #1?" "Can she even get another #1?"

I think Gaga will be very similar to Britney in that she had a string of successful songs in the beginning of her career that clearly defined her (...Baby One More Time, Oops!... I Did It Again, Toxic, I'm a Slave 4 U, (You Drive Me) Crazy, etc.) and yet all but BOMT failed to hit #1, and I'm a Slave 4 U failed to crack the Top 10.

Britney would have a ten year gap between her first #1 and her 2nd #1 (Womanizer in 2008), and in between then, she had 8 singles that failed to chart on the Hot 100. Which is why it's so laughable to me that people really believe Gaga has hit her peak and can never get back on top.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona

I could see Lady Gaga getting some boosts later in her career like Madonna did. Maybe for next album ? 

I don't think the goal with Joanne was to get a huge WW smash hit, it's all fine. 2014 / 2017 was the period she needed in her career to be respected as a very talented woman.

Now she can easily being back at mainstream music and being successful in it. 

DutchHooker

I think the first reason is because of ARTPOP, people saw a lot of potential in ARTPOP, yet it managed to fail at the charts, Applause did alright, but not as well as expected.

The second reason of course is C2C and Joanne, a complete other track then before.. people think that she's over, because she is more busy with pleasing herself instead of the GP, she had million reasons, but it was definitely not the same impact as TFM etc.

The third reasons is that she changed her image, now she is more Lady than Gaga and Gaga is the thing where she got recognition with.. no more high fashion.. no more songs like ScheiBe and Dance In The Dark.. and esspecially Bad Romance / Poker Face, people even didn't recognized her in The Cure..

That's the tea, I love her, but that's the tea :reductive:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

RAMROD

“ScheiBe”

1cc8qQjd2IIDAuQVKZwW3mCnOY2rwY3h64klewWQ

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TeenIdle
8 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:

I think the first reason is because of ARTPOP, people saw a lot of potential in ARTPOP, yet it managed to fail at the charts, Applause did alright, but not as well as expected.

The second reason of course is C2C and Joanne, a complete other track then before.. people think that she's over, because she is more busy with pleasing herself instead of the GP, she had million reasons, but it was definitely not the same impact as TFM etc.

The third reasons is that she changed her image, now she is more Lady than Gaga and Gaga is the thing where she got recognition with.. no more high fashion.. no more songs like ScheiBe and Dance In The Dark.. and esspecially Bad Romance / Poker Face, people even didn't recognized her in The Cure..

That's the tea, I love her, but that's the tea :reductive:

The public clearly loves her more this way. Just compare how the GP perceived her before vs now.

OT: What she needs is radio on her side. It will bring streams. Her sales are consistently strong

Jessica Germ

Girl if she gives us catchy, edgy (not to say dark :selena:), pop then We're on the right track, baby :staymad:

DutchHooker
1 minute ago, Jessica Germ said:

Girl if she gives us catchy, edgy (not to say dark :selena:), pop then We're on the right track, baby :staymad:

The big question is, will she ever do something like that again... I doubt it.. :saladga:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

monketsharona
1 minute ago, TeenIdle said:

The public clearly loves her more this way. Just compare how the GP perceived her before vs now.

OT: What she needs is radio on her side. It will bring streams. Her sales are consistently strong

Not entirely true, she got a huge boost of popularity after SB and she was definitely back to the core of what was Lady Gaga back in the day... Anybody could see that halftime show was a big tribute to her first three albums. Remove MR and replace it by You and I, the should would have been quite the same back in 2012... 

ryanripley

i totally think she'll get a no.1 again but i lowkey want her to take the bjork route rather than madonna

it would be cool if by the time she was 50/60, she'll deliver some stellar visuals and music from her heart like bjork does without worrying about commercial success

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaryJaneHolland
8 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Like how they were actually buying her music more back then?

Yeah, there's difference indeed.

Economy

People that believe she will have more success and ppl that don't both have valid points

But at the end of the day there's no way to know because there's too many variables and determining factors

What kind of music will she release? How hard will she try to promote? What competition will she have around that time? What's the General Public's mood and what are they feeling?

We will just have to wait and see

ryanripley
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Like how they were actually buying her music more back then?

Yeah, there's difference indeed.

but they are since The Cure out streamed her discography :chica:

she just needs to let people know she's releasing music once she goes commercial again :chica:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Reject False Icons

I guess,Gaga's situation it's not like britney's because she decides which direction to follow, while Britney was fully controlled all of her career to still get hits and sales specially between 2008 and 2011:(

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, ryanripley said:

but they are since The Cure out streamed her discography :chica:

she just needs to let people know she's releasing music once she goes commercial again :chica:

Gurl, she hasn't had a real WW hit in years, lets ****ing noooottt :chica:

The difference is that back then people thought her "crazy" side was just a gimmick and that she's talentless, but now that they know she has raw talents, they won't have a problem approaching her "crazy" side more, cuz they'd know it's her art form, not just a sell-out shtick.

Archived