Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Born This Way REALLY the Album of the Decade?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4

Yes, I think its the best album. I meant look at this...

4 Top 10 Hits in the US

1. Born This Way

2. Judas

3. The Edge of Glory

4. You and I

Also 3 singles charted in the Top Ten in more than 25 countries

Born This Way, Judas and The Edge of Glory..

Meaningful Music....Born This Way, Marry The Night, Bad Kids, The Edge of Glory, Highway Unicorn, Hair

Songs she wrote that dealed with real world issues...Born This Way, Hair, Americano

This is an album that saved a lot of lives. Little Monsters. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHALLOW
14 minutes ago, loathereality said:

call all the ARTPOP lovers 

where are you guys

Here.

We clearly know ARTPOP is the album of the century! :firega:

ryanripley

in my heart YES, even though i prefer Joanne lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Taide

Yes, it was an event to even a GP like me during that time. Imo it’s one of the best albums released in 2010’s and it has and will leave a mark on pop culture. 

It was so daring back then. Biggest pop star in the whole planet released a song and album dedicated mostly to LGBTQ+ people is something no one has done before her and won’t ever do again. 

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, Andrew said:

It is for sure her best work. And always one of my faves. I haven't had that sort of feeling from listening to music since.

This. 

Bradley

Born This Way might be the Album of the Decade, ARTPOP remains untouched as Album of the Millennium!

Infinity Wave
1 hour ago, loathereality said:

call all the ARTPOP lovers 

where are you guys

I'm here :staymad:

Well, ARTPOP is just a HUGE album, I love almost every song on there, but it also has J&D which, apart from the refrain sung by her is a terrible song in my own opinion :saladga: And it has Dope, which is a beatiful song but it was the beginning of her much hated Dope vocals... 

ARTPOP was a bad moment in her life and carreer, and if we consider the impact it had, along with all that came b4 and after the album itself, we just can all agree that, apart from our immense love for the album, it just cannot be considered the album of the decade.

Btw era, on the other hand, was just perfect. She expressed herself with much more consistent fashon, without much exceptions that would became infamous for the GP like the meat dress, and with more consistent messages. 

The promotion was huge, because the music itself was huge. I wish I lived that freakin' era a lot more, but I was still too young :( 

But, it could have been the album of the decade if she just let away some songs. I mean, there are some of us who likes certain songs and some others who consider them fillers, but I think we can all agree that BTW has some fillers. 

It IS the album of the decade, it could have been the album of the MILLENNIUM without one or two songs and a more consistent flow.

But it will never get old. I mean, just listen to the intro of GH or BM or Judas or HML... they've changed POP MUSIC forever, and everyone will deal with that. I wish the GP was less biased about Gaga, just to recognize that all BTW is just a huge album and it is, indeed, an album which everyone who wants to spread the same message will have to deal with. 

Colourful

geopang

It absolutely is the album of the decade. And her best work. I can’t think of an album that has had that much cultural/political impact. When no other major pop artist was talking about LGBT rights, Gaga put her career on the line to dedicate and release this album. Not to mention it was her artistic/creative peak. 

This album saved my life, and I literally played it every day from beginning to end for 2 years straight. 

If it weren't for this album, no other popstars are brave enough to preach about the LGBT community. Gaga normalized it, started the bluntness of one's sexuality. Without this album, no one up their games about doing performances. Sad to say, popstars now are cashing in on this and exploit the community. 

-I ain't gay btw, but without the album, I wouldn't have the guts to protect and defend the lgbt community.

FameHookah

Eh... my faves are AP TF and Joanne 

BUT yeah i think borm this way was so ambitious and creative for its time.

But the pain that its inside ARTPOP and Joanne feels more raw and personal to me (i relate to them in a lot of ways)

WTF is MDNA

Archived