💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Transition vs Proper Goodbye

Twitter

Featured Posts

Based off all of Lady Gaga’s eras. Do you like when Gaga transitions from one era to the next? Or do you like when Gaga gives a proper goodbye and not knowing what’s coming next? 

Transition Example: 

Lady-Gaga-on-Fame-Bal.jpgtbt-lady-gaga-fuse-tv-interview.jpg

t1larg.gaga.jpgimage.jpg

Proper Goodbye Example:

tumblr_nfln56dBns1qdme9vo2_500.gif

UnevenPeriodicBlowfish-size_restricted.g

RAMROD

I like it when the line gets blurred, it is funner :poot:

So I prefer the former than latter.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Tom Nook

The transition goodbyes were cool, it’s nice to see her style evolving and knowing a new era is about to begin

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

The Child

I’ll never ever forget the end of the ARTPOP era, I cried so much cause it was such a rough year for both Gaga & me. I almost felt like I could relate to her so ending this era in Paris (where I happen to live) was such a great coincidence. :giveup:

Anyways, ARTPOP has one thing the other eras don’t, it has a perfect ending. :giveup:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

ryanripley

i prefer the goodbye

i can see why transitions can be appealing cus it means the train never stops but the train has to run out of fuel at some point :/ 

anyway, the Joanne MV made me cry because it was the perfect goodbye. it's been one of gaga's healthiest eras in terms of drama with only a few hiccups and i had great almost 2 years

ugh, i miss the Joanne era so much, the excitement that PI brought :giveup: it's like DRUGS :giveup: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

gabeoz
13 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I’ll never ever forget the end of the ARTPOP era, I cried so much cause it was such a rough year for both Gaga & me. I almost felt like I could relate to her so ending this era in Paris (where I happen to live) was such a great coincidence. :giveup:

Anyways, ARTPOP has one thing the other eras don’t, it has a perfect ending. :giveup:

This. I cried when I watched the last few minutes of the ARTPOP ball in Paris

Gagadonna

I prefer proper goodbyes.

I still can't say if the meat dress belongs to the TFM or BTW era :huh:

Andreu

But I'd say that one doesn't exclude the other. For example, it's obvious that ARTPOP had  a proper goodbye in the very precise moment you said there. But at the same time it'd make no sense to say that there wasn't a transition towards CTC, because she stated wearing the black curly wigs, etc. And when the ARTPOP era finished the album was already released so there were some months of superposition of one and another.

Regarding the question honestly I don't care, both have its good things. However, I don't think she'll be able to do two eras back to back anymore with no rest in between

Miel

As @Andreu said, transitions are the majority so far in Gaga’s record, with the most isolated being Joanne. TF transitioned into TFM which went into BTW.

ARTPOP started on its own, but it can be argued that the BTWB was a starting transition. Obviously ARTPOP had an explicit goodbye, but also melded with C2C very heavily. Even that transitioned into the tribute/AHS/TIHTY phase.

I think Joanne might have been the first complete start and finish. It felt very different, but in a good way. Very complete.

7 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

I still can't say if the meat dress belongs to the TFM or BTW era :huh:

Yeah, me too. I personally say that the Meat Dress/VMA’s 2010 night was the exact moment of intersection.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived