Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

All those who compare her to Madonna?

Glamourpuss

Have you heard Madonna's albums all the way through ?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard Madonna's albums?

• I've heard them all
    • Almost every song
    • No, just the singles

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss

I think Gaga's discography sounds nothing like Madonna?

I'm just curious to know if y'all have heard Madonna's albums all the way through or just the singles? 

I ask because I'm older than the typical millennial and can remember a time when Madonna ruled the charts. I'm curious to know how the younger fans perceive Madonna.

ryanripley

i've heard ROL and Confessions but i didn't hear any songs that made me think of gaga

but their aesthetics and sound do target the same audience, just in different eras of music

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Gaga’s music always show traces of 80s pop, that’s the part in common. Madonna imo has a different approach in song writing than Gaga. And I wished Gaga has made a Rebel Heart. I live for Kanye’s productions.

Poissonche

Mainly singles, might have heard a little more than that, but not much. I'm 18, since you talked about age in the OP. From what I've heard, Gaga and Madonna don't sound alike. It's because Madonna's influence on Gaga was mainly in the aesthetic. Musically, Gaga was more influenced by rock artists, like Bowie or Queen, even though her own music is pop.

PrinceOfTheStorm

I sound like a flop, but I’ve only listened to the following:

Vogue, Express Yourself, Papa Don’t Preach, Like a Prayer, Material Girl, La Isla Bonita, Candy Shop, Rebel Heart, Ray of Light, Holy Water, B**ch I’m Madonna. That’s on my own time, and every thing else on the Rebel Heart Tour. :laughga:

I need an option for some.

And I don’t think a lot sound like Gaga, but... The obvious controversy in Express Yourself. I don’t hear it. :emma:

signing out

Smother Em Eh

I’ve listened to most of Madge’s albums in full except for LAP, AL, Music, and HC

So yeah I’m quite the stan:staymad:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Yeah, the influences are mainly visual but Born This Way does sound like Express Yourself and Dance In The Dark takes a lot from Vogue’s bridge. Also the BTW album reminds me a lot of Like A Prayer because of its themes. 

Quartz

I mean, sonically, they are different. They are similar in impact though.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

LADYGAGASHOOCK

:derpga:

I’ve only heard Vouge and Express Yourself (I didn’t know who Madonna was until the Express Yourself mess:air:

I’m 18:air:

im 18 and discovered madonna through gaga. Of course I knew who Madonna was but I thought she was a country singer and got her confused with Marilyn Monroe, but I stan both and Love them both and you all should too!

IAmNotHere1997

I'm a Madonna fan but Gaga's songs don't remind me of her at all. Maybe some stuff from the Born This Way album because it has huge 90s influences, and some songs from Joanne remind me of Ray of Light because of the personal approach. And that's it.

IAmNotHere1997
5 hours ago, JosephH said:

I’ve listened to most of Madge’s albums in full except for LAP, AL, Music, and HC

So yeah I’m quite the stan:staymad:

You should really listen to HC. It's not as bad as everyone says. It's full of dancing bops.

Oriane

I listened to Like a Virgin, Ray of Light and I know her singles. I can't really hear the similarities... Some of her darker songs like Alejandro and Born this Way sound like something Madonna could do but that's all for me.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Oriane
33 minutes ago, Stevo said:

I knew who Madonna was but I thought she was a country singer and got her confused with Marilyn Monroe

:gum:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived