Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Come To Mama (Father John Misty Demo)

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

sipthistea
29 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I don't think anyone is disappointed because she didn't write one song, but personally I am disappointed by Gaga's attitude about songwriting and artistic integrity, and then something like this is revealed. And you can bet there are a few more examples we haven't found out about.

And she "produced" Aura, when in reality she just bought the finished instrumental.

But he has the main credit of the song, and Kevin Parker has the main credit for Perfect Illusion as well. :oprah: Credit is given where it's due. 

If she was dishonest about it, she would have bought the writing credits from the artists (Just like other people do). 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel

My question is, did he record this demo before or after he also started working on it with Gaga?

The same situation happened with the MJH demo for that other artist- there was controversy that Gaga didn't even write a piece of that instrumental, even though the portion with her own guitarist's contribution was already present.

2 hours ago, sipthistea said:

But he has the main credit of the song, and Kevin Parker has the main credit for Perfect Illusion as well. :oprah: Credit is given where it's due. 

If she was dishonest about it, she would have bought the writing credits from the artists (Just like other people do). 

Yeah, I feel like she rarely does that, and just happened to do it twice on Joanne. And a few times on ARTPOP, but that was more EDM instrumentals.

Plus, I feel like there's never any drama about her taking credit against or away from people. Father John Misty didn't comment on that in particular, and even Infected Mushroom (who were acting like massive POS) didn't even inflict on Gaga in that manner.

3 points in and ready for more

SKANK
2 hours ago, 01Jaime said:

What even is this shady speculation? All this is inaccurate no shade whatsoever, he just happen to release his demo during the Joanne promo rollout? (Which I'm sure he was asked too)

This is his last statement on gaga, on Beats 1 this past April

“That was way more immersive than the Beyoncé thing. Oh, we were hanging. It was like five in the morning, someone handing me an acoustic guitar and I’m just like, ‘what are hands.’ We had so much fun. Mark [Ronson] – just watching him produce, it was amazing,” he added.

So yeah no slander in this thread thanks!

You think Gaga's team, in the middle of a promo roll out which intended to focus the press's attention on her skills as a song writer, asked Father John Misty to release a demo proving Gaga had minimal involvement in the songwriting process? That is highly unlikely.

I'm not "slandering" Father John Misty. I like him, and want Gaga to work with him again. That doesn't mean he isn't pretentious, and shady.

To steal her thunder by releasing the Come To Mama demo the same time she dropped her version, and then to give an interview right after calling Gaga and Beyonce "prisoners that are crying out for help in their music..." was shady to me.

12 minutes ago, SKANK said:

To steal her thunder by releasing the Come To Mama demo the same time she dropped her version, and then to give an interview right after calling Gaga and Beyonce "prisoners that are crying out for help in their music..." was shady to me.

How is that shady tho? It's the ****ing truth. Pop music is made to SELL. No matter how much Gaga tells you she's an artist that does what she wants, that is not completely true. If you think things don't have to go through label and **** doesn't get cut, or **** doesn't get asked to be changed then you're kidding yourself. Everything is crafted to a specific audience, wether that's young general people or "midwest women with a glass of pinot on one hand and a kid on another". I mean, Joanne itself was a commercial move. People were tired of Gaga's stunts and crazy costumes so she had to strip it down. 

That article was shady towards capitalism, consumerism and the music business, not the artists itself.

SKANK
29 minutes ago, Bio said:

How is that shady tho? It's the ****ing truth. Pop music is made to SELL. No matter how much Gaga tells you she's an artist that does what she wants, that is not completely true. If you think things don't have to go through label and **** doesn't get cut, or **** doesn't get asked to be changed then you're kidding yourself. Everything is crafted to a specific audience, wether that's young general people or "midwest women with a glass of pinot on one hand and a kid on another". I mean, Joanne itself was a commercial move. People were tired of Gaga's stunts and crazy costumes so she had to strip it down. 

That article was shady towards capitalism, consumerism and the music business, not the artists itself.

145356-Pop-Music-Will-Never-Be-Lowbrow.g

We will have to agree to disagree.

PartySick
57 minutes ago, SKANK said:

You think Gaga's team, in the middle of a promo roll out which intended to focus the press's attention on her skills as a song writer, asked Father John Misty to release a demo proving Gaga had minimal involvement in the songwriting process? That is highly unlikely.

I'm not "slandering" Father John Misty. I like him, and want Gaga to work with him again. That doesn't mean he isn't pretentious, and shady.

Personally, I still think it's a possibility that they wrote the song, he recorded a demo, then they worked that demo into the final version that she recorded. I know that's a bit naive and unlikely, but hey, it's a possibility and one that helps me enjoy the song more lol.

🖤

GreekGod

I don’t care about this demo and I don’t care how selfish FJM is at times. But hell, we better stop talking about songwriting skills and artistic integrity Our Fave so happilly screams, when we mention Father John Misty. His work is a peace of art and the quality of work he does is unbelievably high. We shouldn’t even compare.

shame

Y'all are cute for bickering about who originally wrote the song while meanwhile i'm wondering why they didn't include Katy Perry in the credits since that beat is completely stolen from I Kissed A Girl!!!! :reductive:

angels forever, forever angels

monketsharona
7 hours ago, SKANK said:

The timing of him releasing this was a bit shady. He released it right after her version came out, and right after a high profile interview Gaga gave in which she claimed the difference between her and Madonna was her song writing chops. 

I'm not a fan of his pretentious attitude, but I wouldn't mind them working together again, though I doubt he would.

I doubt too as he already said he doesn't really like writing for pop stars

monketsharona
24 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Personally, I still think it's a possibility that they wrote the song, he recorded a demo, then they worked that demo into the final version that she recorded. I know that's a bit naive and unlikely, but hey, it's a possibility and one that helps me enjoy the song more lol.

Yeah it is naive ^^ 

Gaga is an amazing song writer but she definitely have help for composition and some elements of lyrics to make songs even catchier 

+ We know Kevin Parker gave Illusion to Gaga and FJM wrote CTM before he even met Gaga. Not saying she hasn't made changes tho

River

He was just giving some behind the scene treat to his and Gaga fans and as usual LM are making a mess..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Defmix100

She did change a few lyrics though which is fair to get writing credit for, I like when she was promoting PI she kept saying talking about Kevin Parker being a main writer, she wasn't trying to hide that at all, she was giving credit where credit is due and it was her first single where someone else had written so much and had the initial concept

Defmix100
2 hours ago, Bio said:

I know what you're saying but if it was that strict with her then they wouldn't have allowed Dope to be on AP, they would have made her keep IWBWU since that would sell a lot more and have way more universal appeal, they probably would have wanted at least one more song on Joanne that could have been geared towards a more pop market

Free My Mind
7 hours ago, androiduser said:

I don't think anyone is disappointed because she didn't write one song, but personally I am disappointed by Gaga's attitude about songwriting and artistic integrity, and then something like this is revealed. And you can bet there are a few more examples we haven't found out about.

And she "produced" Aura, when in reality she just bought the finished instrumental.

No she didn't... Zedd produced it and the instrumental samples an Infected Mushrooms song

Archived