Backwards Work Tape

Indiana

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indiana
4 minutes ago, musicland said:

I really dig it! Awesome job, I hope you guys are super proud! 

We Couldn't thank you enough!:D

50 minutes ago, Indiana said:

We have tons of stuff! I will post more demos if you like? and yes, we need to get into a studio and really polish the tracks... Hahaha yes the British accent belongs to the drummer on the track :toofunny:

Do it! If you feel "confortable" to share it with large audience feel even free to just PM! Really loved this one bet the other ones are amazing like this!!

Lazarus

This is great! I love it. It's absolutely 70's in a great way, and your voice is so pretty! The vocal harmonies, gosh, they're absolutely gorgeous. Great job. Simple in a good way, I can see the Fleetwood Mac influence.

ugh

Indiana
10 hours ago, Lazarus said:

This is great! I love it. It's absolutely 70's in a great way, and your voice is so pretty! The vocal harmonies, gosh, they're absolutely gorgeous. Great job. Simple in a good way, I can see the Fleetwood Mac influence.

Thank you so much! Im so glad that you like this! :hug:

Harry

This sounds quite nice, I like the melodies and I think you've nailed the style you're going for.

I'm intrigued about your process though - you talk about the friends you're working with and the drummer etc. Are they playing instruments on this? Because to me all of the instrumentation sounds like it's undeniably MIDI

Indiana
58 minutes ago, Harry said:

This sounds quite nice, I like the melodies and I think you've nailed the style you're going for.

I'm intrigued about your process though - you talk about the friends you're working with and the drummer etc. Are they playing instruments on this? Because to me all of the instrumentation sounds like it's undeniably MIDI

Thank you! and no this is literally live, I'm on the keyboards and theres a guy on the drums and another guy on the guitar. Also my best friend is on here playing additional keyboard but using synths such as 'organ' sounds :D

Indiana
2 minutes ago, Indiana said:

Thank you! and no this is literally live, I'm on the keyboards and theres a guy on the drums and another guy on the guitar. Also my best friend is on here playing additional keyboard but using synths such as 'organ' sounds :D

And also my friends brother is playing the bass guitar x

Harry

Oh okay it's just that it all sounds completely like MIDI, particularly the drums. The instruments just sounds like preset VSTs  since there isn't any dynamic changes at all throughout the song.

I'm interested in your set-up, in that case! What kind of gear are you using?

Indiana
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Oh okay it's just that it all sounds completely like MIDI, particularly the drums. The instruments just sounds like preset VSTs  since there isn't any dynamic changes at all throughout the song.

I'm interested in your set-up, in that case! What kind of gear are you using?

All I know is that I used my Yamaha PSR-F51 Keyboard and I'm not entirely sure what they used or anything like that, We recorded it using a Rode NT1A mic for vocals and The Line 6 Pro Tone Pre Amp. Thats all I know I will have to ask them and let you know, however we will be going to a recording studio to re produce and record all the music for the album x

Harry

All I know is that I used my Yamaha PSR-F51 Keyboard and I'm not entirely sure what they used or anything like that, We recorded it using a Rode NT1A mic for vocals and The Line 6 Pro Tone Pre Amp. Thats all I know I will have to ask them and let you know, however we will be going to a recording studio to re produce and record all the music for the album x

That's an interesting keyboard choice! Does it go into a DAW via MIDI or did you record it line-in?

Yeah I'd be interested to know! Also I see this is take 6 so if you happened to have any of the other takes it would be cool to see your process to land on this one.

Indiana
40 minutes ago, Harry said:

That's an interesting keyboard choice! Does it go into a DAW via MIDI or did you record it line-in?

Yeah I'd be interested to know! Also I see this is take 6 so if you happened to have any of the other takes it would be cool to see your process to land on this one.

I had to record it in with mic and of course! theres plenty of different versions of this song, theres an acoustic version with different lyrics slightly different melodies and different chorus completely and also a piano version and alsoooo a version where I'm just trying to figure out the melodies so its just gibberish and humming 

Indiana
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Just bear in mind this is the first first cut so it sounds really rough lol and extremely repetitive. Its just kind of the idea for the song

Archived