Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy owes #MeToo an apology

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO
On 3/20/2018 at 1:13 PM, aaronyoji said:

no, I'm reacting to the situation based off the standards already put in place. this man isn't a victim of anything, end of story. and as others pointed out, theres videos of him agreeing to kiss her, or "consenting" :eyeroll: 

And lemme guess, if a man gets raped by a woman, it’s less severe because of the unbalanced power structure, right? Because that’s literally your line of thought right here :oprah:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterofFame

This is exactly the problem women faced with Weinstein. American Idol and Katy Perry are both such powerful icons, that he would feel like he is damaging a good thing by complaining about being a part of something most people would do anything for.

However, after thinking about it I think the intent of the situation is important here: Katy didn’t forcefully kiss him for her own pleasure. She knew that doing it to him would probably be a “good” thing since he would seem cool for getting kissed by one of the biggest pop stars in the world. This is much different than #MeToo victims whose abusers did it for their own pleasure. 

aaronyoji
10 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

And lemme guess, if a man gets raped by a woman, it’s less severe because of the unbalanced power structure, right? Because that’s literally your line of thought right here :oprah:

hmmm no, try again. applying what I'm saying in regards to this matter can't just be applied loosely to a man getting raped, because this isn't even going down that street, not the same category. he walked up to her, for a kiss, he gets interviewed, his words get twisted, and some hack writes an article about how "offensive" this is. but its not the same thing. comparing this to sexual assault is whats offensive and belittling. 

On 20.3.2018 at 9:36 AM, Earthling said:

I understand where you're coming from with this comment, but tbh what you said about Katy's looks sounds pretty misogynistic. Women are allowed to be sexy and consider themselves attractive above the age of 25 whether they have long hair or not. Shaming a woman for expressing her sexuality isn't very progressive either.

Also 19 is definitely mature enough to be with a 33 year old. Not all people want to date in their own age group. As a young person you can actually find 30 year olds very attractive and that's totally fine.

OT:

This was clearly scripted for TV and he verbally gave consent in a clip that was cut out so imo everyone on that set knew what was going on and no one was being coerced into anything. It was all just drama for the cameras. Was it a good choice on the producers part? Well it's gone viral and is drawing a lot of attention to the show so yeah itl probably was a good call. If anything Katy is the scapegoat in all of this. 

Amen

lolitamuse
On 3/15/2018 at 11:51 PM, ryanripley said:

i'm happy to see he doesn't consider himself assaulted or a victim

in my eyes, if he's alright with it then there's no need to witch hunt anyone

It's great that he is okay with the situation, but either way, stealing a kiss from someone without their consent isn't okay and shouldn't just be brushed off

Archived