💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy owes #MeToo an apology

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

tomsches

I don't think that in this particular situation it was a big deal.

BUT, we all know that all hell would break loose if a man did this to a woman and that is what upsets me.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEANGT
12 hours ago, ryanripley said:

i'm happy to see he doesn't consider himself assaulted or a victim

in my eyes, if he's alright with it then there's no need to witch hunt anyone

he does say that he was uncomfortable, which, although it may feel like "too much," I think warrants an apology from Katy. We should all be aware of how our actions make people feel. Making someone uncomfortable isn't okay, we can still do better. But I'm not trying to crucify her. I just don't want to focus on the backlash and dismiss the issue altogether. Because, although small, there is an issue. 

brit4ever

It's so strange how when a girl does that it is ok, but when a guy does it is not. I mean, even I feel ok when it happens the first way around, but when a guy is doing it it feels unapropriate. Idk why though.

weed

I mean I get y’all saying if he wasn’t bothered with it, why should we, but just glazing over kissing someone without asking, esp someone in a position of power, will reinforce the idea that it’s ok 

dont think Katy’s career should be over, but don’t think we should go “whatever” either 

PsychicGuru

Wow this really isn't Katy's era. ARTPOP didn't even get near this kind of press. :saladga:

Gaga's #1 fan

DeleteMyAccount

Truthfully, would this be perceived so much differently if a man did this to a female contestant. 

Action and words are means for carrying out an intention. There's such a big difference between the playfulness of Katy and thе malicious self-serving intention of the sexual predator. There was nothing negative about Katy's intentions. It was as innocent as kids playing.

ALGAYDO
11 minutes ago, TED said:

Action and words are means for carrying out an intention. There's such a big difference between the playfulness of Katy and thе malicious self-serving intention of the sexual predator. There was nothing negative about Katy's intentions. It was as innocent as kids playing.

But you gotta admit, if it was a male celebrity doing it to a young female stranger, all hell would’ve broken loose. Why does Katy get a pass? I don’t think what she did was that bad at all, you can tell she didn’t mean any harm, but kissing someone without their concent (which is how the producers staged this) is still inappropriate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Miel

Good to hear his statement on it.

That said, the whole situation (with the men on the table hootering and hollering and acting a mess) just seems so mid-2000's reality television. If this revival is gonna be like that, then it should die.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
2 hours ago, neptugne said:

I mean I get y’all saying if he wasn’t bothered with it, why should we, but just glazing over kissing someone without asking, esp someone in a position of power, will reinforce the idea that it’s ok 

dont think Katy’s career should be over, but don’t think we should go “whatever” either 

T

3 points in and ready for more

Sylvanas

Honestly you guys are so quick to hate on Katy like literally I don't see this as a big deal at all??? He went in for the kiss and y'all act like she held him down on National TV. 

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

Inferno

I think its just more of the fact that if the genders were reversed it would take on a whole different vibe. Its an example of a certain double standard that exists in the real world. Do I think she needs to be burned at the stake? Maybe not. But at the same time why does anyone care if she burns in the first place? Shes spent nearly a decade dodging criticism in any regard. Shes not immune to falling from grace and its not like she offered anything in the first place. Let her fade and move on.

It's totally not cool. I wouldn't want Katy to kiss me if I didn't want to. The double standard is showing so much when talking about this issue.

Archived