💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy owes #MeToo an apology

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

People make such a big deal out of small things, it's annoying. SJW's, you ruining internet for me.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei

I understand the whole situation but why is it being so emphasized that he's 19??? I'd say most people have kissed someone by that age and you can legally have sex with other adults so?? Ofc it was non-consensual but the fact that he's 19 has nothing to do with it...

Also the way this dude wrote made it sound like they threeway-r*ped him under the judges table or smth.

ALSO The face he pulls in that picture and the dude writing "his is a look that anybody who has suffered at the hands of a bully should recognize. " Uh no my face when suffering from a bully is crying and sad not

vz0zaPJ.png 

Musery

SlaeUrAnus

Why do I have the feeling that the American Idol producers used this important movement for ratings and controversy? 

They could have easily edited this part out. Someone working there would have known that this would be questioned if it was released for public viewing.

In my messy era.

LateToCult

Oh...is this a bad time to bring up that she called a 17 year old male contestant cute a couple times? :cryga:

Helxig

I haven't seen this but it sounds so grossly inappropriate!

Somebody who felt their first kiss was something special to be held on to was pressured by a group of people more powerful than him to kiss a stranger, because 'she's Katy Perry, you should want to do this'. And they all sat and filmed it. In front of producers, camera crew etc, who all stood there and watched, and they even aired it on TV.

Edit: it doesn't matter if afterwards he came out and said he was okay with it. They still did these things. And the main point is that Katy Perry, who just pressured someone to do something intimate with her that he said no to (note that one 'no' is non-consent), was standing for the #MeToo movement. Which stands against this exact kind of pressurising and bullying in the industry by people more rich, famous, and powerful.

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

Ryusei
4 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Oh...is this a bad time to bring up that she called a 17 year old male contestant cute a couple times? :cryga:

so you can't call anyone underage "cute" without being a pedo predator? is this what the world has come to?

Musery

LateToCult
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

so you can't call anyone underage "cute" without being a pedo predator? is this what the world has come to?

I mean, I personally wouldn't call a 17 year old cute. It's unnecessary and imo a little creepy.

gstring
5 hours ago, Eggsy said:

Being at an audition with a friend I can confirm everything is pre written. Sorry everyone.. They Genuinely do have auditions.. But there are pre auditions where they TV judges are not present.. Consent forms must be signed, and agree to a scripted audition with NDAs. This was at least till season 4.

Yaass you're right about the pre audition, i've been there! :staymad:

Little little

Ryusei
2 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

I mean, I personally wouldn't call a 17 year old cute. It's unnecessary and imo a little creepy.

:triggered: reach for the stars I guess. 

Musery

Oriane

He said he was okay with it but it's not always that easy... It can be hard in situations like this to admit that the other one did something wrong, and you prefer to move on and think you were fine with it, it's easier than admitting that something wrong happened to you.

6 hours ago, RadioIsOurs said:

I mean I wouldn't mind being kissed by anyone (without herpes) in this situation, so to me I don't find it bullying. There are just many things in life that will make you uncomfortable, and my way with dealing it is to just move on. 

It doesn't mean it's the same for everyone. Like this guy, I wouldn't want to kiss someone if I wasn't in love with them. If someone stole a kiss from me, in any situation, I would be disgusted.

56 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

I don't think cute has to be sexual though. I think it's normal to call children cute, I wouldn't find it shocking. Same for a teenager, you can make comments about their looks, it doesn't mean your thoughts are wrong. I would find it creepy and she said "sexy" for example.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Bebe

Totally inappropriate. Do I think it's a horrifying abuse of power that should lead to the termination of Katy's career? No, but it's a shitty thing to be in such a powerful position and coerce another person to kiss you... Especially when they are uncomfortable. Hopefully she now knows that it isn't funny to make other people uncomfortable like that. 

Pointing out rude and inappropriate behaviour isn't the same as saying the person who committed the act is an awful person - it's pointing out a simple fact that in this instance their behaviour was inappropriate. It's just not so dramatic and I feel like the people who are all "OMG SJW's!!!! They ARe SOoOoo INSaaaane" are the most dramatic ones in this conversation tbh. 

The behaviour is inappropriate, it should be called out, the guy was clearly uncomfortable and has said it made him uncomfortable... Powerful people shouldn't be coercing people to kiss them when they don't want to and should respect personal boundaries. That's all, hope she has learned, hope other people have learned, now we can move on. 

666 others
1 hour ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

Why do I have the feeling that the American Idol producers used this important movement for ratings and controversy? 

They could have easily edited this part out. Someone working there would have known that this would be questioned if it was released for public viewing.

Of course they did. Controversy sells.

:holyshit:

crisTEAne

everything in that show is scripted, ffs. this is ridiculous. :awkney:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived