Jump to content
A Star Is Born - Pre-order
ūüé§ Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets ūüé§
opinion

The Media Will Eat Up Delicate

Featured Posts

Sharyu

After the underperformance of her last two singles, "...Ready For It?' and "End Game," I personally believe Delicate will be a decent Top 10 hit. Ever since release, it hasn't left the Top spot of Youtube's Trending Page, and not to mention it entered at #37 on Billboard's Adult Pop Songs. Not to mention unlike the previous American singles from the album, Delicate is highly relatable in terms of lyrics and the video. And if the GP doesn't eat it up, and eats up songs like "Gucci Gang" and "Stir Fry", then I lose hope in the pop girls.

500.gif

Warrior of the Monkey, Killing Peacefully
  • Like 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanripley

it's what she deserves but we'll see

even ed couldn't save End Game

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
corvus albus

I've lost hope in the GP since they let Marry The Night flop. Don't count on them :giveup:

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharyu
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

I've lost hope in the GP since they let Marry The Night flop. Don't count on them :giveup:

To be fair, Gaga was everywhere at the time. You couldn't turn into a station without hearing a Gaga song, due to her promo. Taylor on the other hand was everywhere during 1989 and LWYMMD, but fell hard when it came to ...Ready For it?.

Warrior of the Monkey, Killing Peacefully

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SHALLOW

This Era ended one week after the release of the album for me.

Don't you know my a$$ is famous?
  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
neptugne

Does it deserve it? Yes

Do I think it'll happen? Probably not </3 New Rules is probably the most recent hit that's closest in sound, and it was her big debut and took months to peak, solo pop female songs just ain't slaying atm

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
corvus albus
1 minute ago, Sharyu said:

Taylor on the other hand was everywhere during 1989 and LWYMMD, but fell hard when it came to ...Ready For it?.

I wanted to say that the GP is completely oblivious and doesn't know ****. They rely on radio and Spotify to dictate their taste in music and taylor does not seem to care about anything anymore. Besides the GP seems to ignore good songs in favor of bad and mediocre songs. Sadly the first good single of Reputation will probably tumble down the charts even worse than Filthy.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ARTnFAME

Is it top10 on iTunes yet?

?page=512%26tab=comments&xtz=-60

~I need you more... I need you more than Dope...~

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanripley
2 minutes ago, ARTnFAME said:

Is it top10 on iTunes yet?

?page=512%26tab=comments&xtz=-60

45 in the US

?page=512%26tab=comments&xtz=-60

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharyu
Just now, ryanripley said:

45 in the US

?page=512%26tab=comments&xtz=-60

and rising

Warrior of the Monkey, Killing Peacefully
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
swordstalker

I'm seeing very positive reaction to this song on GGD, so I'm in the minority when I say this, but it doesn't sound like a hit to me. It has the same issues as End Game and LWYMMD: the chorus and hooks are very weak. I've listened to it at least four times today, and after two hours, I had trouble remembering any hook. I've been wrong about this before, so don't drag me. I thought Thunder by Imagine Dragons and I Feel It Coming would flop, because their choruses are weak and incredibly lazy, but they were hits. Had I not seen GGD's reaction to it, I would be 99% sure that Delicate will not do well. 

Edited by swordstalker
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharyu
5 minutes ago, swordstalker said:

I'm seeing very positive reaction to this song on GGD, so I'm in the minority when I say this, but it doesn't sound like a hit to me. It has the same issues as End Game and LWYMMD: the chorus and hooks are very weak. I've listened to it at least four times today, and after two hours, I had trouble remembering any hook. I've been wrong about this before, so don't drag me. I thought Thunder by Imagine Dragons and I Feel It Coming would flop, because their choruses are weak and incredibly lazy, but they were hits. Had I not seen GGD's reaction to it, I would have been 99% sure that Delicate will not do well. 

Honestly if she played her cards right Reputation could have been her biggest or second biggest album to date. The amount of time LWYMMD spent on #1 with just a music video alone is amazing, and if End Game was the next single after that, then following it up with songs like CIWYW, Delicate, and New Year's Day.

Warrior of the Monkey, Killing Peacefully

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evan Peters

delicate deserves it but the gp dont give a **** since she decided to **** herself by releasing end game with the ginger demon

emma roberts is an abuser

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×