?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Is Applause underrated?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Inferno

lady-gaga-applause.jpg?w=640&h=639

I've noticed the fanbase as a general whole seems to think Applause is too generic and even though it went to #4 on the hot 100 its often considered only a mild hit by her standards compared to how it stacked up to her competitors at the time both commercially and creatively (Katy, Miley, Bey). Is Applause underappreciated as the fun Gaga single that it is? Or is it overrated since it was the only song from ARTPOP that can be labeled a hit?

Eros92

It’s honestly one song from her that always sounds fresh. It sounds different from anything on ARTPOP and so far it’s aging well 

Inferno
1 minute ago, WeSmokinEmAll said:

I can't with these threads :laughga:

My topic, Applause, is unique though.

OBEY

Love it but i wish it was better mixed. There’s a difference between all the ARTPOP songs and this one. The vocals in the chorus aren’t the tea and that’s been bothering me.

VasilisVas

It’s a good song but nothing nearly groundbreaking as everyone makes it seem, especially for a lead single.

migamiga

I was slightly underwhelmed when it first came out (just cause there's so much hype around a first single) but i've always loved it and it is one of my favorite gaga songs of all time. Definitely underrated within and outside this fanbase

Smother Em Eh
10 minutes ago, Bio said:

It’s a fun, energetic song. But it’s not anything mind-blowing.

THIS:triggered::golfclap:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

androiduser

I think it's rated just fine, not overrated or underrated.

The VMA performance is grossly overrated by the fan base tho

Salvador Sequea

This song is in my top 3 Gaga's songs of all time, and also is my favorite video from hers. But I must admit it wasn't a success at all. In fact I dare to say that I heard DWUW more at the radio than Applause. It's sad but everybody forgot about the good sis Applause, both GP and  LM as well. To me, it was the only time the ARTPOP Era did work well, before everything went down hill.

10287_original.gif

Nobody asked this but when I was a new monster back in 2010, I wasn't that familiar with north american pop music. Then I heard The Fame and realize that some songs on the album have 'claps' on them. So I was clapping around like crazy with songs like Money Honey, Boys Boys Boys, Starstruck or Telephone. To me Gaga was like the 'Applause Artist' 'cause I used to hear that on her songs. Then when Applause came, to me it was like the song that Gaga needed to release, like it was meant to be. Because Gaga was the 'Applause Artist' so Applause has to be the 'Gaga Song' and she seems like she is completly concerned about it. I know is stupid but that's one of my million reasons why I love that song.

Archived