šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Gaga accused Of transphobia In Her New Tweet

Saade Baena

Featured Posts

LaLuna
6 hours ago, ArtyRoberto said:

When she said "We are the womb" she's not talking about all women having wombs, its a metaphor...Ā :saladga:

THANK YOU. Jesus, why are people so ****ingĀ dense? Pathetic. I'm so done with Twitter SJWsĀ :madge:

Ā 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon

To be honest it's hardly like she's said "Happy International Women'sĀ Day! We are the womb and if you don't have a womb then you're not a woman". A huge majority of women have a womb, sometimes it's easy to slip. She just made a little mistake. Anyway, it was a metaphor, she wasn't literally talking about wombs.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Economy
19 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

LMFAOOOO I'M DONE

I've been done with Social Justice Warriors that have to pick at every trivial thing for time now

Ā 

I can't be bothered with anything they say anymore cuz I just see them now as desperate idiots who take pleasure out of the attention of arguingĀ 

Ā 

For Instance:

Ā 

Speechless94

oh please I don't think she's talking about having a literal uterus - more of women are strong and nurturing / they keep sh*t together and keep the world going type of thing.Ā 

it would be different if she said "Women are the reason for life because they give birth" or something very literalĀ 

Economy
12 hours ago, Helxig said:

F.ucking hell. I am all for inclusion of minorities but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Ā 

Once somebody starts forcibly clarifying that minorities are included when it isn't required, it just makes these peopleĀ feel more isolated and uncomfortable. Minorites want to feel like they're a regular part of society, not constantly brought up separately in conversations.

E.g. if someone says something about a (straight) relationshipĀ to me, as a gay man I can still understand and relate. And also understand that they weren'tĀ purposely excluding me. But if they say something about a relationship, and then pause and turn to me specifically to say "oh, and gay relationships, too I'm sure!" then I feel highly uncomfortable that an example is made of me specifically. I don't feel included, I feel awkward and separated.

So much of it is about context and intention. It's so incredibly obvious, given the context that Gaga has stood for LGBTQ rights for years, and the kind message of her tweet, that her intentions were pure! You cannot fault someone on trying to be nice.

Ā 

This is the problem with how people treat inclusion these days. They focus on the exact words said, rather than the clear intention behind them. Then the other people get frustrated because they're made to feel guilted or shamed, when they weren't trying to do any harm.

I've tried to say all this so many times but u said it in better wording!

Ā 

Thank-you!

blackthorns
3 hours ago, SEANGT said:

y'all need to understand constructive criticism vs "OMG THEY'RE COMING FOR HA"Ā 

We should not equate womanhood with biology. full stop. She could have been more inclusive without saying anything about a womb. It's not like she's a bad person. But, statements like these exclude trans women.Ā 

Ā 

It's the same as the "*** hats" from the women's march. Making it about vaginas excludes trans women.Ā 

I agree with you, but a lot of people on twitter are past constructive criticism and are just at bashing her, which is not how you get people to listen to you and change.Ā 

2 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

This is like when people come for Rupaul. Do not bite the hand that feeds you. Both of these figures have done TONS for our community, and have brought LGBTQ visibility to the forefront of mainstream media.Ā 

Just stop.Ā 

Ru is actually transphobic though, Gaga is just someone who slipped up. Paraphrasing, but he said the only difference between a drag queen and a trans woman was $25k and a plastic surgeon. Gaga slipped up in her wording-she doesn't deserve that comparison.Ā 

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

codymonster

She's also the first person to mention "transgender" in a mainstream pop song, but yes, a tweet celebrating women that doesn't specifically mention women without vaginas is an outrage.

tenor.gif

Ā 

Edonis

Y'all are still going on about this when those accounts were apparently trolling anyways?Ā :awkney:

The fact of the matter is that Gaga used a metaphor poorly during a super sensitiveĀ time for womenā€™s rights and equality. Itā€™s time to move on. Whatā€™s been said has been said, itā€™s not going to change much and I doubt she saw/paid attention to any of those tweets anyways.Ā 

SEANGT
25 minutes ago, blackthorns said:

I agree with you, but a lot of people on twitter are past constructive criticism and are just at bashing her, which is not how you get people to listen to you and change.Ā 

Ru is actually transphobic though, Gaga is just someone who slipped up. Paraphrasing, but he said the only difference between a drag queen and a trans woman was $25k and a plastic surgeon. Gaga slipped up in her wording-she doesn't deserve that comparison.Ā 

I feel like focusing on how people are getting too angry is an excuse for people to dismiss the fact that it *does* exclude trans women. There are many people in this thread that think it's absolutely not an issue at all. It's just a small issue, but it is still something to point out.Ā 

I often have this issue with scandals where everybody misses the point because of the most bombastic reactions. I think we are on the same wavelength.Ā 

Kattys
8 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Y'all are still going on about this when those accounts were apparently trolling anyways?Ā :awkney:

The fact of the matter is that Gaga used a metaphor poorly during a super sensitiveĀ time for womenā€™s rights and equality. Itā€™s time to move on. Whatā€™s been said has been said, itā€™s not going to change much and I doubt she saw/paid attention to any of those tweets anyways.Ā 

It's not a poor use of a metaphor. It's poor reading skills (for those who cannot understand metaphores).

SEANGT
1 hour ago, Kattys said:

It's not a poor use of a metaphor. It's poor reading skills (for those who cannot understand metaphores).

using a womb as a metaphor for women *is* the problem. Again, not a huge problem. But could it be more inclusive? yes. Is the reaction of some people too strong? yes. But Gaga and the rest of us could be more careful to remember that being a woman isn't associated with certain body parts.Ā 

SEANGT
3 hours ago, LaLuna said:

THANK YOU. Jesus, why are people so ****ingĀ dense? Pathetic. I'm so done with Twitter SJWsĀ :madge:

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, MonsterDITD said:

To be honest it's hardly like she's said "Happy International Women'sĀ Day! We are the womb and if you don't have a womb then you're not a woman". A huge majority of women have a womb, sometimes it's easy to slip. She just made a little mistake. Anyway, it was a metaphor, she wasn't literally talking about wombs.

Ā 

9 hours ago, ArtyRoberto said:

When she said "We are the womb" she's not talking about all women having wombs, its a metaphor...Ā :saladga:

from my earlier post:
using a womb as a metaphor for women *is* the problem. Again, not a huge problem. But could it be more inclusive? yes. Is the reaction of some people too strong? yes. But Gaga and the rest of us could be more careful to remember that being a woman isn't associated with certain body parts.Ā 

King J
23 hours ago, Saade Baena said:

LGBT meansĀ 

L ady

G aga &

B eyoncƩ in

T elephone

I actually used to think LGBT meantĀ 

L adyĀ 

G aga

B all

T ourĀ 

:ladyhaha:

Rowt ay soyng aybouwt yer eyesh, ayt ay sliysche ohf cherreh pye. Eye crei'd awl noiyght.

Evan Peters
1 hour ago, SEANGT said:

Ā 

Ā 

from my earlier post:

or people could be more careful to use reading comprehension on the internetĀ 

emma roberts is an abuser

Archived