Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Something Fascinating About the Madonna-Gaga Comparison

Quartz

Featured Posts

Quartz

Don't you find it absolutely amazing that for the three decades of her career, only Gaga had been so overtly compared to Madonna? And I'm not even thinking about the bad negative/plagiarist stuff. I'm referring to the impact they have/had on pop culture.

I don't think you guys really appreciate the impact Madonna had during her golden eras (yes, eraS - she had multiple). She was undisturbed on her throne until Gaga came along. That's a massive accomplishment to be seen side by side with the queen of pop! Like, it's really crazy!

Everytime I see people comparing them, I feel good because Gaga has to be at least in Madonna's league to be even mentioned. She's going to be up there with the legends guys. We stan a legend in the making.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

I know being compared to someone is annoying, but I think Gaga took it as a compliment back in 2008-2009. Being compared to what society views as the Queen of Pop is huge in the beginning of someone’s career. Her attitude, energy, fashion, music, and vocals must of been strong for her to surpass Britney & Xtina.

Quartz
21 minutes ago, KING said:

I know being compared to someone is annoying, but I think Gaga took it as a compliment back in 2008-2009. Being compared to what society views as the Queen of Pop is huge in the beginning of someone’s career. Her attitude, energy, fashion, music, and vocals must of been strong for her to surpass Britney & Xtina.

Not just the beginning, until now. Which is absolutely fascinating because no one will compare her to madonna if she didn't have that something. Even on Gaga's supposed declined, she still has that something. Yeah, they are on a whole other level over brit and xtina

sethrb101
17 minutes ago, hellothing said:

Not just the beginning, until now. Which is absolutely fascinating because no one will compare her to madonna if she didn't have that something. Even on Gaga's supposed declined, she still has that something. Yeah, they are on a whole other level over brit and xtina

Gaga is nothing like Madonna

Lady_Gaga_Beats_1_Screenshot_600_by_400.

:giggle:

But seriously, Gaga is way more special than Madonna, :classy:imho. 

#Gaga2020

Quartz
21 minutes ago, sethrb101 said:

Gaga is nothing like Madonna

Lady_Gaga_Beats_1_Screenshot_600_by_400.

:giggle:

But seriously, Gaga is way more special than Madonna, :classy:imho. 

I get what your saying. I'm referring to their impact and their star quality. That I can measure and they both have comparative levels.

Bradley
2 hours ago, hellothing said:

She doesn't like to be compared to Madonna anymore. Which is a good thing in my opinion. I personally think she has better artistic achievements than Madonna. We know this fact from her interview with Zane Lowe, she got so pissed when Zane Lowe compared her to Madonna. She said "I wouldn't make that comparison at all, I write my own songs, etc."

Quartz
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

She doesn't like to be compared to Madonna anymore. Which is a good thing in my opinion. I personally think she has better artistic achievements than Madonna. We know this fact from her interview with Zane Lowe, she got so pissed when Zane Lowe compared her to Madonna. She said "I wouldn't make that comparison at all, I write my own songs, etc."

Yeah, I watched that. I guess she was still very pissed about the whole BTW fiasco. Regardless, I think they're both great with different respective crafts with similar trajectories to fame.

PlanetChromatica
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Awkward though because Madonna writes and produces her own music too...

Babel
1 hour ago, ArtyRoberto said:

Awkward though because Madonna writes and produces her own music too...

Gaga wasn’t belittling Madonnas artistic talents (she actually started her statement by praising her to death). She was just saying she’s a real artist that puts a lot of effort on her work and doesn’t deserve to be compared to someone else and be called reductive and whatnot

Abramovic

The fact about Gaga which  makes me cringe sometimes is that she takes so much credit for her songwriting and producing skills but we all know that she also buyed instrumentals and took lyrics from father John misty... 

I think this is not a bad thing at all but why is she always mentioning that? There are also other artists who produce and write their own music and I don’t know, it’s just exaggerated sometimes :blink:  

Especially when it comes to madonna.

DaftFameMonster
6 minutes ago, Triggered said:

Gaga wasn’t belittling Madonnas artistic talents (she actually started her statement by praising her to death). She was just saying she’s a real artist that puts a lot of effort on her work and doesn’t deserve to be compared to someone else and be called reductive and whatnot

Thank god someone else actually recognized what she was actually saying. :saladga:

The Surrealist

Debbie Harry has been compared to Madonna half of her career, so let's not.

Quartz
20 minutes ago, The Surrealist said:

Debbie Harry has been compared to Madonna half of her career, so let's not.

Literally, who? :laughga:

Ryusei
16 minutes ago, hellothing said:

oh honey :ladyhaha: 

the singer of blondie. Heart of glass etc etc

Musery

The Surrealist
42 minutes ago, hellothing said:

Iconic singer-songwriter, actress and producer Deborah Harry. Member of the band Blondie who sold millions of records.

0b4898a4f7cc57b1130544352f2faa34.jpg

Also a friend of Gaga.

4724094013_298108f610_b.jpg

b3f823259217f4cbae1991d1b1e77295--carneg

Archived