other

Donald Glover/Childish Gambino exposed on Twitter

DiscoStyx

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel

Although this doesn't invalidate specific statements he has made regarding under-representation of POC in the arts, it really is unfortunate to see all of this. I remember seeing and hearing a lot of these statements in the past, and had hoped he had learned from this.

I still hope he has learned from this, content deleted or otherwise. Still cringy, though.

4 minutes ago, JustinTrudeau said:

I want to eye roll at half of the items on Lady Gaga's list:

http://yourfaveisproblematic.tumblr.com/post/45739943624/lady-gaga

As beautiful as the metaphor is, I still feel my body drop whenever I think of Gaga in a niqab or in dreads (and in the same era, sadksjfhjsdhf). Granted, as a stan, at least I can say she has generally moved on and learned from a lot of fairly cringy statements and actions. I hope the same for Childish.

[but, also from personal experience, all his stans are fake-woke sad boys; not that slightly-racist twink Gaga stans are any better, though, lmao]

3 points in and ready for more

ryanripley

oh my god bye at the rape stuff, that's not even comedy when male victims are already treated like a joke

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Miel
3 minutes ago, The Surrealist said:

The only thing that isn't true on the list is the one with the blackface fans. The rest is problematic, but GGD will keep their eyes closed.

It's unfortunate that the "blackface" incident got the most coverage, considering it was a fairly unfortunate situation.

The rest is pretty cringy, and I think should be looked at fairly critically.

3 minutes ago, lavendermusic said:

omg this is such a mess gypsy isn't a slur omfg

Isn't "gypsy" a slur in particular regions? Like, I know it's used in a fairly derogatory way against Romani people.

5 minutes ago, The Surrealist said:

The only thing that isn't true on the list is the one with the blackface fans. The rest is problematic, but GGD will keep their eyes closed.

SJW madness. all taken out of context and quite frankly pretty inoffensive.

She used kimonos? Who cares tbqh. Only Trumblr people with too much time on their hands?

All bs from start to finish im laughing.

Miel
1 minute ago, TylerBR97 said:

LMAOOOO HER LIST IS SO STUPID. 

Refers to gay people as “the gays” :sharon:

Okay that's dumb as hell lmao

Lextyr97
1 minute ago, Miel said:

It's unfortunate that the "blackface" incident got the most coverage, considering it was a fairly unfortunate situation.

Isn't "gypsy" a slur in particular regions? Like, I know it's used in a fairly derogatory way against Romani people.

Gypsy is a slur, but in this case, I don't think Gaga meant to be problematic lol Gypsy's travel all over the world, and they also created Gypsy together. That's probably where that stemmed from, but I can see how it's an issue

Ryusei
7 minutes ago, The Surrealist said:

then why are you still here if you think she is such a racist ableist etc. piece of ****? pls

Musery

gagzus
1 minute ago, Miel said:

The blackface situation was unfortunate as the shoot was Mario’s Idea for her to have an EXTREME spray tan (hence why she’s orange and not black) because of celeb culture and what not at the time.

And yes, but for example in the UK & Ireland many of the travelling community self identify as Gypsy’s (I know several here in my region) and the most common derogatory term for them here is “gypo’s”

Archived