💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Awards Circuit Predicts Gaga will win Oscar

TropicOfCANCER

Featured Posts

Luxe Ford

Great for keeping the fire burning if nothing else.

I get a bit worried that they name. Kristen Stewart for "J.T. Leroy" though, because I hadn't heard of it and it gets me low key psyched. The J.T. Leroy scam is the most fascinating of them all. How a white lie ends up world news.

Because of hype.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

I'm happy with a nomination alone because it's super hard to actually win an Oscar. It's really nice to see Gaga get recognised Academy Award-wise for an acting role.

Like OP has said, it's good to see that websites are predicting optimistically for A Star Is Born, Oscar buzz is usually generated before the awards season and it's good that A Star Is Born is included.

Actors and filmmakers usually campaign for Oscars before the awards season and it would be even more amazing if predictors are predicting in favour of ASIB, since it makes the campaigning more effective and convincing.

S0436
7 minutes ago, scallywally said:

JT Leroy will be the new I Tonya. Itll be huge.

I Tonya has made $40 million at the box office...not X men huge but chick flick quite big.  Same probably for ASIB.

FentyGa
18 hours ago, River said:

Mary Poopins will win everything

AND LIN WILL FINALLY GET HIS DESERVED EGOT:tony:

Scathach
3 hours ago, maxblac said:

AND LIN WILL FINALLY GET HIS DESERVED EGOT:tony:

We are rooting for Gaga to win an Egot not him delete this please

scallywally

Shes not going to win the best actress Oscar We wish her the best but high hopes for best original song. Its her first go at doing a movie, its his first go at directing a movie. People dont win Oscars the first time round. They usually vote for more established people. Jennifer Hudson did well but other than her its sad that they stick to their formula. 

Best song nomination is more likely. 

Ziggy

I mean, it’s a good performance, but we don’t even know the contending movies for next year. Way too far out to be able to predict.

53 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Shes not going to win the best actress Oscar We wish her the best but high hopes for best original song. Its her first go at doing a movie, its his first go at directing a movie. People dont win Oscars the first time round. They usually vote for more established people. Jennifer Hudson did well but other than her its sad that they stick to their formula. 

Yeah when was the last time a debut actress won Best Actress. Even Cher had a few small roles before Moonstruck. Best Supporting Actress is a different animal.

I'd be extremely happy with a nomination.

weed
1 hour ago, scallywally said:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/55342/19-people-who-won-oscars-their-first-movie

definitely possible though! Just on Sunday Timothee won Best Actor for his first nom

scallywally
1 hour ago, neptugne said:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/55342/19-people-who-won-oscars-their-first-movie

definitely possible though! Just on Sunday Timothee won Best Actor for his first nom

Anything's possible but a movie including singing makes it extra tough. A first time movie lead actress in a musical for maybe the first time in Oscars history? Timothee wasnt in a musical.

She'd have to beat all the other actresses in the world for a year. We dont want to put any extra stress on her, thats a hard thing to do. 

Bjork won Cannes but didnt even get an Oscar nomination apart from a song.. Madonna won the golden globe but didnt get an Oscar nomination apart from a song. Whitney didnt get a nom either, only the song. Its gonna be difficult, they are stuck in their own ways. 

Im only trying to stand up for Gaga not putting pressure on her. An Oscar isnt the be all and end all of a great movie. :)

thierryrreiht
21 hours ago, Luxe Ford said:

How a white lie ends up world news.

Because of hype.

That’s literally the plot of Easy A tho

DeleteMyAccount
On 3/6/2018 at 8:27 PM, thierryrreiht said:

to me this is like this fanbase making tracklist predictions, setlist predictions, SALES predictions... Before there's even ONE reliable information about an album, if an album there is to talk about...

this is waste of energy and time

If you followed real insiders you’d know that most of these noms are likely considering the hype some of these movies already have. There’s always room for error of course.

emig09
On 3/6/2018 at 11:12 PM, TropicOfCANCER said:

I'M SHOOK!

BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Stefani Germanotta, “A Star is Born”**
Maggie Gyllenhaal, “The Kindergarten Teacher”
Saoirse Ronan, “Mary Queen of Scots”
Kristen Stewart :D, “J.T. Leroy”
Michelle Williams, “Rio”

http://www.awardscircuit.com/2018/03/06/oscars-2019-year-advance-predictions-include-females-behind-camera-superhero-films-lots-bs/

I've been following awards circuit since 2006 and they've been dead on before. Of course, it's so incredibly early and things always change, but this is huge.

edit: they also predict a best picture, best original song, and best directing nom.

gay engineer

Archived