Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
other

Compilation of all known instances of RedOne's Vocals in Gaga Songs

Contrapoints

Featured Posts

Contrapoints

This thread was made as per request by @flynn99 in relation to the topic below, which discussed an instance where RedOne's background vocals were exceptionally prominent in Bad Romance. 

RedOne (Nadir Khayat) is a longtime collaborator and producer for Lady Gaga, and is featured prominently in her earlier works. A signature style of RedOne’s production work is the contribution of his own voice as background vocals, which can be heard throughout his production discography with not only with Gaga, but other artists as well.

This thread will attempt to provide a detailed compilation of the instances where his voice can be heard in his production work with Gaga.

Spoiler

Disclaimer

I would like to state that the information in this thread is based on what I personally believe to be actual instances of RedOne’s vocals. These assumptions are based on the available album liner note information + my own personal knowledge of music production + my hearing abilities. There is no true way of ascertaining for sure whether any of the below listed is in fact his vocals without being in possession of the Pro Tools Files themselves, or asking him directly. 

In summary all the items listed below are at best estimated guesses, and are not to be taken as indisputable fact. 

The isolated samples are filters/edits I have personally made based on available stems and studio acapellas. If clearer filters could be provided by anyone in the Audio Community that would be of great assistance.

Furthermore, if anyone thinks that any of the information listed here is incorrect or disputable (where I haven’t already mentioned it), please feel free to comment below.

Credits to @ObezyankaNol, the acapellas and various stems used to make the isolated samples were sourced from the below thread.

Accrediting Sources:

1. Album Liner Notes:

https://www.discogs.com/Lady-Gaga-The-Fame-Monster/release/2044010

https://www.discogs.com/Lady-Gaga-Born-This-Way/release/3108078

2. RedOne himself confirms his vocal contribution to Poker Face:

Spoiler

At 2:19 ("Mum mum mum mah") and again at 3:27 ("She's got me like nobody")

RedOne is accredited with Background Vocals on the following songs:

The Fame

Just Dance *The presence of two featured artists (Colby O'Donis and Akon) should be noted as the vocals may be theirs.

1. "Oh-Oh-Oooh" - Position in song at first instance: first chorus (1:02), then throughout in all succeeding choruses. 

This sample is most likely Colby O'Donis with RedOne providing an additional layer of background vocals. Disputable. 

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

2. *Indecipherable - Position in song at first instance: third chorus (2:42), then again in fourth and final chorus (3:47). 

This sample is most likely RedOne. 

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

Poker Face

1. "Mum mum mum mah" - Position in song at first instance: Intro (0:08), then throughout. 

This sample is confirmed to be RedOne. 

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

2. "Hey!" - Position in song at first instance: first verse (0:28), then second verse (1:24) and again at (1:29).

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

3. "Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh-oh-e-oh-oh-oh" - Position in song at first instance: Pre-Chorus (0:41), then again at (1:37). 

This sample is most likely RedOne providing an additional layer of vocals in a lower octave. 

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

4. "She's got me like nobody" - Position in song at first instance: first chorus (1:02), then throughout in all succeeding choruses. 

This sample is confirmed to be RedOne. 

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

LoveGame

1. "Dans the LoveGame" - Position in song at first instance: first chorus (1:02), then throughout in all succeeding choruses. 

This sample is most likely RedOne providing an additional layer of vocals in a lower octave. 

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

Money Honey

RedOne is accredited with background vocals in this song but a sample could not be found. Most likely harmonised background vocals in the chorus. If anyone has suggestions that would be great.

Boys Boys Boys

RedOne is accredited with background vocals in this song but a reliable sample could not be found. Most likely harmonised background vocals in the chorus. If anyone has suggestions that would be great.

1. *Indecipherable  - Position in song at first instance: final chorus (2:56). 

This sample is most likely solely Gaga but is disputable as RedOne may be layered somewhere in the background.

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

Paper Gangsta

1. *Indecipherable (Possibly chanting "Yeah")  - Position in song at first instance: first chorus (0:48) then throughout in all succeeding choruses. 

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

The Fame Monster

Bad Romance

1. "Roma-Roma-ma"  - Position in song at first instance: intro (0:40) then throughout in all succeeding post-choruses. 

This sample is most likely RedOne providing an additional layer of vocals in a lower octave.

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

2. "Hey!"  - Position in song at first instance: first verse (1:05) then again at second verse (2:26). 

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

Alejandro

RedOne is accredited with background vocals in this song but a reliable sample could not be found. Most likely harmonised background vocals in the chorus. If anyone has suggestions that would be great.

1. "Alejandro... Fernando... Cigarette and hush..."  - Position in song at first instance: first chorus ad-libs (3:02) then throughout in all succeeding choruses. 

This sample is most likely solely Gaga but is disputable as RedOne may be layered somewhere in the background providing harmony.

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

2. "Alejandro, Alejandro, Ale-Alejandro, Ale-Alejandro" x2 - Position in song at first instance: first chorus (3:21) then throughout in all succeeding choruses.

This sample is most likely solely Gaga but is disputable as RedOne may be layered somewhere in the background providing harmony.

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

Monster *The presence of an additional producer (Space Cowboy) should be noted as he is also accredited with background vocals 

1. "M-M-M-Monster"Position in song at first instance: first chorus (1:11) then throughout in all succeeding choruses.

This sample is disputable as it could be either RedOne and/or Space Cowboy.

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

2. "I love that girl, wanna talk to her, she's hot as hell" x2Position in song at first instance: first post-chorus (1:22) then throughout in all succeeding post-choruses and bridge.

This sample is disputable as it could be either RedOne and/or Space Cowboy.

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

Born This Way

Judas

1. "I'm just a holy fool, Oh baby it's so cruel but, I'm still in love with Judas baby, I'm just a Holy Fool, oh baby it's so cruel, But I'm still in love with Judas baby" - Position in song at first instance: first chorus (1:39) then throughout in all succeeding choruses.

This sample contains Gaga singing lead vocals with RedOne most likely providing background harmony vocals. Disputable.

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

2. "Jesus is my virtue" Position in song at first instance: bridge (4:26).

This sample is most likely RedOne providing an additional layer of vocals in a lower octave.

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

Hair

1. "Oh Ooooh... Oh Ooooh..." x4 Position in song at first instance: also first chorus (0:56) then throughout in all succeeding choruses. Can be heard more clearly at (1:26).

This sample contains Gaga singing lead vocals with RedOne most likely providing background vocals. Disputable.

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

2. "Uh huh, uh huh" x4 Position in song at first instance: second verse (1:58).

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

Scheiße 

(Disclaimer: RedOne in not credited with providing background vocals in this song. It is nonetheless listed here, as the vocal sample below is most likely him.)

1. "Oh, oh, oh, oh-oh" x4 Position in song at first instance: first chorus (1:24) then throughout in all succeeding choruses. 

Isolated Sample

Spoiler

Thanks for listening.

XOXO ❤️

Kim Kardashian

Finally, someone made a thread about this!

I swear his voice on Poker Face, LoveGame, Bad Romance, Monster and Hair (but especially on Bad Romance) is giving me chills every time.

I need the pro-tools to hear these vocals unmixed.

Shop SKIMS & SKKN BY KIM online! The Kardashians streaming now on Hulu and Disney+!

Thanks for sharing! But I think you miss "Hey!"  in Bad Romance at the time of about 0:54 & 2:14

Contrapoints
4 minutes ago, 2681967391 said:

Thanks for sharing! But I think you miss "Hey!"  in Bad Romance at the time of about 0:54 & 2:14

Thanks for pointing it out I can't believe I missed that lol. It'll be up shortly

River

Thank you for this

In PF there's someone who whispers "cookie cookie cookie cookie" in the instrumental

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Contrapoints
39 minutes ago, 2681967391 said:

Fixed :sis:

7 minutes ago, River said:

Thank you for this

In PF there's someone who whispers "cookie cookie cookie cookie" in the instrumental

I can't tell if you're trolling me :triggered:

But if you're serious, where exactly do you hear it?

River
3 minutes ago, Haiii said:

Fixed :sis:

I can't tell if you're trolling me :triggered:

But if you're serious, where exactly do you hear it?

In the instrumental

you hear someone whispering cookie

Contrapoints
3 minutes ago, River said:

In the instrumental

you hear someone whispering cookie

oh lol I know what you're talking about, thats just the percussion stem lol, its this thing

I don't know how you got "cookie cookie" from that but I guess you might mistake it for someone beatboxing lol

ObezyankaNol
1 hour ago, Haiii said:

2. *Indecipherable - Position in song at first instance: fist post-chorus (1:07) then throughout. Can be heard most clearly at outro (4:11)

Isolated Sample

Hide contents

Thanks for this thread!

But that sample it's not RedOne, it's a Logic Pro sample:

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Contrapoints
2 minutes ago, ObezyankaNol said:

Thanks for this thread!

But that sample it's not RedOne, it's a Logic Pro sample:

That is... amazing 😱. I'll remove it right away but holy **** I've always wondered what that sample was, thanks for pointing this out. 

LePetitGAGABLover

And this is why RedGod is Gaga's best producer. Haters can stay presssssssed:rockstar:

River
1 hour ago, Haiii said:

oh lol I know what you're talking about, thats just the percussion stem lol, its this thing

I don't know how you got "cookie cookie" from that but I guess you might mistake it for someone beatboxing lol

OMG!! it sounds so different now lol

Archived