💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Morgana Devacelli

Chromatic

Featured Posts

Chromatic

Remember this iconic, mysterious alter-ego?

large_010.jpg.0315c127b8a7da7309754ac6f1

Morgana appeared on the single covers for 'Monster' and 'Alejandro'.

She is the manifestation of sadness and decay. She's insecure and afraid of commitment.

Her background is explained in 'Monster', where she falls in love with a guy, who eventually ruins her. As she is left to rot, her tears turn black and a scavenger (typically known for eating from cadavers) is seen attacking her from above.

large_012.jpg.eea49b05404f743c227a02c08blarge_011.jpg.68e95ed8cae238869feaf9b5ca

Morgana re-appeared during ARTPOP, where she was used for promotion.

large_026.jpg.c30b1fe5d924118f3970377404

She was also featured in several scenes in 'An ARTPOP Film Starring LADY GAGA': 

Morgana is probably the only alter ego I want Gaga to re explore for an entire album...she was everything and yet nothing :diane:

Chromatic
2 minutes ago, dit said:

Morgana is probably the only alter ego I want Gaga to re explore for an entire album...she was everything and yet nothing :diane:

Imagine Gaga doing an album similar to Marina and the Diamonds' Electra Heart, but with Devacelli. Iconic! 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Imagine Gaga doing an album similar to Marina and the Diamonds' Electra Heart, but with Devacelli. Iconic! 

Honestly I never heard Electra Heart. I usually explore a lot of underground pop music but I never was fascinated by Marina. I'll give it a shot though :heart: 

Chromatic
1 minute ago, dit said:

Honestly I never heard Electra Heart. I usually explore a lot of underground pop music but I never was fascinated by Marina. I'll give it a shot though :heart: 

You really should! It's quite an interesting era in general. Not only the music, but also her visuals, and how dedicated she was in playing the role of Electra Heart. 

Bad Kids

how do you know that's devacelli :O

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You really should! It's quite an interesting era in general. Not only the music, but also her visuals, and how dedicated she was in playing the role of Electra Heart. 

So it's a concept album? I love those! A big part of why I enjoyed Melanie Martinez's record was because of how consistent she was with playing the whole Cry Baby persona. I love records with a theme and story that stretches out. I'll make sure to check her out. Thanks for the suggestion :hug: 

Chromatic
2 minutes ago, Bad Kids said:

how do you know that's devacelli :O

How I know it's Devacelli during ARTPOP, or.. ? 

Green Detox

But did Gaga actually say anything about her or even mentioned her name? Or we just made this all up?

McMonster08
10 minutes ago, Green Detox said:

But did Gaga actually say anything about her or even mentioned her name? Or we just made this all up?

Same question, I haven't heard about this alter-ego until recently. :huh:

Chromatic
12 minutes ago, Green Detox said:

2 minutes ago, McMonster08 said:

Same question, I haven't heard about this alter-ego until recently. :huh:

From what I've read, she (Devacelli) was mentioned backstage at the Born This Way Ball in 2012, where Gaga talked about bringing back several alter-egos, like Jo Calderone and Candy Warhol, for ARTPOP.

Vergil

Wasn't Devacelli based on a real Gaga friend who commited suicide? And Morgana's mother claimed that Gaga stole all her ideas and that's why she killed herself?

lost in limbo
1 minute ago, Vergil said:

Wasn't Devacelli based on a real Gaga friend who commited suicide? And Morgana's mother claimed that Gaga stole all her ideas and that's why she killed herself?

Lina Morgana, yes. I don't believe so (that she is inspired by Lina Morgana).

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

lost in limbo
4 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Also, Lina Morgana killed herself, but Lina's mother believes Gaga killed her and that Gaga stole Lina's ideas and that Gaga is keeping Lina's soul. Personally, I believe the mother is deeply scarred by her daughter's death and can't accept she killed herself.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Chromatic
2 minutes ago, Vergil said:

It was about Lina Morgana. I don't think Gaga ever opened up about it.

Archived