Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna and M.I.A. never spoke again after SB controversy

yxi

Featured Posts

lost in limbo
On 28/02/2018 at 10:33 AM, panosmonster said:

First of all i love Madonna. It's not that i'm hating her so don't be so defensive about it. It's her manager. Of course he expresses Madonna's opinions just like Bobby does for Gaga.

that's not how it works, do you even know what a manager does? 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lost in limbo
15 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Yeah, I don't agree with Justin getting a second chance either and I'm team Janet on this one but I don't think him being allowed to come back is anything to do with him being white. It's because he's a man (and has had hits since his last performance, unlike Janet), which is a huge difference. The world is always more accepting of controversial males. They have to do something seriously bad for their career to end.

don't act like he wouldn't get backlash if he was a black male. it's not just bc he is a male, it's bc he is a white, cishet male. 

remember how MJ's career got thrown to the ground after the fake pedophile allegations, even when it was proved they were fake. his next album flopped and people only started respecting him again bc the man died.

It doesn't matter that you don't find the middle finger offensive, most other people do. Try showing it your parents/teacher/boss and see what happens to you. It's considered an obscene gesture, whether you like it or not. Your opinion on it is worthwhile and all, but everyone else's matters too.

yeah, bc society is a bunch of sensitive snowflakes.

Isn't it an even better example if it was from an earlier time period? When the public were more conservative, meaning the backlash was much stronger, making a career much more likely to end? But if you do want some more current examples, what about Miley's Bangerz era? The outrage towards that time period were of Erotica proportions, from her videos to live performances to her tour to her personality in general. Not to mention, she was heavily criticised for using black women as props and fetishing/appropriating black culture. Her follow-up album, although free and although it had a controversial performance, had no cultural impact and her Younger Now album was an embarassing failure. And even more recently, Iggy Azalea in general. She only had one proper hit and the whole time, she was attacked for adopting a black accent, making bad music, appropriating black culture, rapping poorly and getting plastic surgery. Everything about her was criticised in such a cruel way that she even considered suicide. I mean, the poor girl didn't even do anything bad and any interview will show how sweet and humble she is. She just made the music she wanted, she was never hurting anyone. Her career was over before it ever really begun. And well, Katy could be next, she's being kicked around for everything from her music, voice, musical direction, hairstyle and she's lost fans like crazy. Jessie J dropped off almost completely after her debut album and she's been laughed at ever since for her ever-changing sexual orientation claims I mean, even Lana Del Rey is still struggling to be taken seriously for this day because people still think that early SNL performance defined her talent.

Miley's career hit it's peak in the Bangerz era lmao. Dead Petz was an album for free and only for the fans, it had no intentions of suceeding or being culturally impacting. Younger Now was headed for flop anyways, but it had nothing to do with the Bangerz era, an era that ended 4 years before.

Also, those examples don't mean anything. Jessie J deserves to be laughed at for using bissexuality to promote herself and then going back on her word. White females are judged by society, we been knew. Doesn't mean black females don't go through twice the problems, from even being able to make it in the industry to mantaining their sucess.

Leo Deters
18 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Yeah, I don't agree with Justin getting a second chance either and I'm team Janet on this one but I don't think him being allowed to come back is anything to do with him being white. It's because he's a man (and has had hits since his last performance, unlike Janet), which is a huge difference. The world is always more accepting of controversial males. They have to do something seriously bad for their career to end.

It doesn't matter that you don't find the middle finger offensive, most other people do. Try showing it your parents/teacher/boss and see what happens to you. It's considered an obscene gesture, whether you like it or not. Your opinion on it is worthwhile and all, but everyone else's matters too.

Isn't it an even better example if it was from an earlier time period? When the public were more conservative, meaning the backlash was much stronger, making a career much more likely to end? But if you do want some more current examples, what about Miley's Bangerz era? The outrage towards that time period were of Erotica proportions, from her videos to live performances to her tour to her personality in general. Not to mention, she was heavily criticised for using black women as props and fetishing/appropriating black culture. Her follow-up album, although free and although it had a controversial performance, had no cultural impact and her Younger Now album was an embarassing failure. And even more recently, Iggy Azalea in general. She only had one proper hit and the whole time, she was attacked for adopting a black accent, making bad music, appropriating black culture, rapping poorly and getting plastic surgery. Everything about her was criticised in such a cruel way that she even considered suicide. I mean, the poor girl didn't even do anything bad and any interview will show how sweet and humble she is. She just made the music she wanted, she was never hurting anyone. Her career was over before it ever really begun. And well, Katy could be next, she's being kicked around for everything from her music, voice, musical direction, hairstyle and she's lost fans like crazy. Jessie J dropped off almost completely after her debut album and she's been laughed at ever since for her ever-changing sexual orientation claims I mean, even Lana Del Rey is still struggling to be taken seriously for this day because people still think that early SNL performance defined her talent.

Every year, I see white female artists being criticised, dropping massively in success, being hated on for no reason, having their careers ruined. It's a cruel world, the recording industry for all, doesn't matter if you're black or white.

Just wanted to say that I thought this was absolutely awesome, especially when you pointed out the changing standards when it comes to actually using it yourself. If Gaga's performance had been overshadowed by a guest star doing something controversial, I doubt there would be this level of defending. It's only because it doesn't affect us are we prepared to say it's no big deal. This is why I'm so glad that Gaga did it solo. She couldn't have afforded any controversial side shows at this crucial moment in her career where it might well have been make or break.

The thing is that it is true that white females(or humans) do get to struggle with life...But they just want white people to acknodledge the fact that they have it most of the time more difficult.

StrawberryBlond
3 hours ago, HausOfAmericano said:

don't act like he wouldn't get backlash if he was a black male. it's not just bc he is a male, it's bc he is a white, cishet male. 

remember how MJ's career got thrown to the ground after the fake pedophile allegations, even when it was proved they were fake. his next album flopped and people only started respecting him again bc the man died.

yeah, bc society is a bunch of sensitive snowflakes.

Miley's career hit it's peak in the Bangerz era lmao. Dead Petz was an album for free and only for the fans, it had no intentions of suceeding or being culturally impacting. Younger Now was headed for flop anyways, but it had nothing to do with the Bangerz era, an era that ended 4 years before.

Also, those examples don't mean anything. Jessie J deserves to be laughed at for using bissexuality to promote herself and then going back on her word. White females are judged by society, we been knew. Doesn't mean black females don't go through twice the problems, from even being able to make it in the industry to mantaining their sucess.

Um, Justin is getting slammed for his mediocre performance. It surprised me, I have to say, but it's happening. Black men have got away with a lot of stuff before. Hello, lots of black male rappers who have committed crimes well known by the public have become legends. Rap is about the only genre where the public actually accept an artist's criminal history, especially from men. Have you ever noticed how black men have no problems putting out albums but black women notoriously struggle, especially if they've committed a crime? Black men can have an album released in the week they go to prison or just after the get out which is something that has never happened for black women. Not to say black men don't go through any issues but they are always higher up in the pecking order than their female peers. Men famously get away with everything in the music industry, women don't.

Plenty of white men have had their careers ruined because of pedophile allegations, real or fake. As a Brit, we seem to get one of these every other week, these men are disgraced for life. We don't accept that sort of criminality here and your name will be mud for life. It's not a racial thing at all, we just focus on the crime.

Haha, you're calling society sensitive snowflakes? You're the one who's being the sensitive snowflake! I've weirdly seen that argument used in reverse by SJWs. I don't think they know what it means.

Miley's career may have been peaking but her reputation sure wasn't. She was widely considered a joke. Artists have maintained huge success while simultaneously being considered a joke before, like Justin Bieber, Britney and every boyband imaginable. Just because you've reeled in a very specific demographic doesn't mean the rest of the world agrees. Dead Petz may not have intended to make a massive impact but after the success of Bangerz, she should've had more than enough fans to stream it. Her MTV performance with wacky costumes and drag queens wasn't even talked about the next day as the public were that bored. Younger Now partly struggled because it left fans and the public confused after her last 2 era, they wondered why she suddenly went all conservative and country and some even called the move fake and calculated after her raunchy eras had brought her reputation down. Several critics called it her least authentic album to date for that reason.

What do you mean those examples mean nothing? They're the best ones around. If they were black women, you'd be playing a very different tune. But do black females really go through twice the problems? They have just as much difficulty making it in the industry as white women (I see so few new white females these days but an influx of black women). And maintaining their success? A lot of white females become old news after one album. Plus, black females have actually been around longer than a lot of them. Beyonce has been going for years and is still relevant. Rihanna has been around for 13 years and still having hits. Nicki is still the biggest female rapper around. The public don't give up on the other ones, necessarily, it's all about the team behind you and how you get marketed and not every artist is so lucky. The likes of say, Ciara, would be much bigger today if she had Beyonce's team.

25 minutes ago, Leo Deters said:

The thing is that it is true that white females(or humans) do get to struggle with life...But they just want white people to acknodledge the fact that they have it most of the time more difficult.

I never had a problem with acknowledging that. However, it does depend what situation you're talking about. Right now, in the music industry, white women have it mega hard. Their careers are struggling left and right, they can't get promotion, can't sell an album, can't even release an album, can't win an award. They're being picked apart for this, that and the next thing. Meanwhile, black artists are on top right now, just like they were in the 00's when pop was suddenly so blase. I'm an amateur music critic who studies the music industry and can tell you that most of what we're told to believe about the racial divide in music right now is unfounded and wrong. Research the facts and you'll see. I don't know why people claim otherwise when there's so many facts to the contrary.

lost in limbo
47 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Um, Justin is getting slammed for his mediocre performance. It surprised me, I have to say, but it's happening. Black men have got away with a lot of stuff before. Hello, lots of black male rappers who have committed crimes well known by the public have become legends. Rap is about the only genre where the public actually accept an artist's criminal history, especially from men. Have you ever noticed how black men have no problems putting out albums but black women notoriously struggle, especially if they've committed a crime? Black men can have an album released in the week they go to prison or just after the get out which is something that has never happened for black women. Not to say black men don't go through any issues but they are always higher up in the pecking order than their female peers. Men famously get away with everything in the music industry, women don't.

He's getting slammed bc his performance was bad, not bc he showed a nipple or a middle finger. 

Examples? You're talking about "lots" but you can't seem to give me an example. 

49 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Plenty of white men have had their careers ruined because of pedophile allegations, real or fake. As a Brit, we seem to get one of these every other week, these men are disgraced for life. We don't accept that sort of criminality here and your name will be mud for life. It's not a racial thing at all, we just focus on the crime.

Right, that's why a white guy raped a girl and the media focused on how good of a swimmer he was while they loved villanizing the black folk shot by police.

51 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Haha, you're calling society sensitive snowflakes? You're the one who's being the sensitive snowflake! I've weirdly seen that argument used in reverse by SJWs. I don't think they know what it means.

SKSKSKSK you truly are ridiculous, oh lord. society looses their **** over a finger and I get offended bc society only comes for unprivileged people and yet I'M being the sensitive snowflake here. go figure.

53 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Miley's career may have been peaking but her reputation sure wasn't. She was widely considered a joke. Artists have maintained huge success while simultaneously being considered a joke before, like Justin Bieber, Britney and every boyband imaginable. Just because you've reeled in a very specific demographic doesn't mean the rest of the world agrees. Dead Petz may not have intended to make a massive impact but after the success of Bangerz, she should've had more than enough fans to stream it. Her MTV performance with wacky costumes and drag queens wasn't even talked about the next day as the public were that bored. Younger Now partly struggled because it left fans and the public confused after her last 2 era, they wondered why she suddenly went all conservative and country and some even called the move fake and calculated after her raunchy eras had brought her reputation down. Several critics called it her least authentic album to date for that reason.

Gaga was considered a *t-word* that only appeled to *******s at her peak. People considered her "weird" fashion a joke. So I guess Gaga was over back then bc of that. And regardless of what you say, Dead Petz wasn't supposed to be a commercial sucess. Younger Now flopping has nothing to do with her being sexual, but rather the opposite.

57 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

What do you mean those examples mean nothing? They're the best ones around. If they were black women, you'd be playing a very different tune. But do black females really go through twice the problems? They have just as much difficulty making it in the industry as white women (I see so few new white females these days but an influx of black women). And maintaining their success? A lot of white females become old news after one album. Plus, black females have actually been around longer than a lot of them. Beyonce has been going for years and is still relevant. Rihanna has been around for 13 years and still having hits. Nicki is still the biggest female rapper around. The public don't give up on the other ones, necessarily, it's all about the team behind you and how you get marketed and not every artist is so lucky. The likes of say, Ciara, would be much bigger today if she had Beyonce's team.

1 hour ago, Leo Deters said:

This just spills internalized racism everywhere. Get out of the racist closet girly. If you're a white girl who sings basic songs, you'll get there. Most females pull this card to get there (Gaga, Britney, Madonna, etc.). That doesn't make them less talented/good. But if you're a black female, even pulling that card gets hard. 

Beyoncé comes from a time where black artists where in. Rihanna played the basic at first and then managed to keep herself in by having trendy songs, trendy features and never going too non-commercial. Nicki is basic and has 21 features in a year, which helps her keep her name around. This three also have a good team, as you said, but that doesn't mean other black women don't struggle.

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, HausOfAmericano said:

He's getting slammed bc his performance was bad, not bc he showed a nipple or a middle finger. 

Examples? You're talking about "lots" but you can't seem to give me an example. 

Right, that's why a white guy raped a girl and the media focused on how good of a swimmer he was while they loved villanizing the black folk shot by police.

SKSKSKSK you truly are ridiculous, oh lord. society looses their **** over a finger and I get offended bc society only comes for unprivileged people and yet I'M being the sensitive snowflake here. go figure.

Gaga was considered a *t-word* that only appeled to *******s at her peak. People considered her "weird" fashion a joke. So I guess Gaga was over back then bc of that. And regardless of what you say, Dead Petz wasn't supposed to be a commercial sucess. Younger Now flopping has nothing to do with her being sexual, but rather the opposite.

This just spills internalized racism everywhere. Get out of the racist closet girly. If you're a white girl who sings basic songs, you'll get there. Most females pull this card to get there (Gaga, Britney, Madonna, etc.). That doesn't make them less talented/good. But if you're a black female, even pulling that card gets hard. 

Beyoncé comes from a time where black artists where in. Rihanna played the basic at first and then managed to keep herself in by having trendy songs, trendy features and never going too non-commercial. Nicki is basic and has 21 features in a year, which helps her keep her name around. This three also have a good team, as you said, but that doesn't mean other black women don't struggle.

That's the whole point. He's been slammed despite not even doing anything actually controversial (unless you count the Prince projection when Prince was against that kinda thing). Surely, that's even more indicative than actually being slammed for doing something properly offensive?

I assume you're talking about the "lots of black men have been accepted by the public for doing crimes?" As a rap fan to another rap fan, I assumed that you'd know enough names off the top of your head, but ok. Jay Z's the most obvious one, for shooting his brother aged 12 for stealing his jewellery as well as being gang affiliated and selling crack. And this was all before he became famous, so it goes that being black and having a criminal history doesn't reduce your chances of getting signed. Dr Dre famously battered Dee Barnes because he didn't like an article she wrote and has also been accused of numerous violence against women over the years (he and Eminem even joke about the altercation with Dee in Eminem's track, Guilty Conscience). 50 Cent was totally gang affiliated before he started out and already bore injuries as a result. R. Kelly (though more RnB than rap) got away with his proven rape of a 14 year old. He still releases albums and collabs to this day. Lots of rappers like Lil Wayne, T.I., Offset, etc. have maintained success despite multiple arrests and jail terms. Same for a lot of other current names.

You're seriously going to compare 2 different crimes? I think when sexual assault happens, a lot of people, though not everyone, really doesn't want to believe it did, so they come up with excuses as to why it can't be or wasn't as bad as it was made out. It just part of our culture not to believe the woman and yes, I've seen this happen to attackers of all races. But something about say, a man doing an armed robbery, is much easier to believe, though I don't know how. You'll notice in most of the cases where a black man was shot by police, he was committing a crime, running away, resisting arrest and simply not following police orders. Plenty of white people are shot by police for the same reasons. And plenty of white people have also been shot for being completely innocent. But somehow, when it happens to them, no one cares. More white people are shot annually by police and for the last time, no, population should have no bearing on this. Police have to do so much time consuming paperwork after they've shot a criminal. As such, they really won't want to do it unless it's absolutely necessary.

No, you're the one being oversensitive for thinking underprivileged people face discrimination that privileged people do not. You've actually got cases of white people being treated exactly the same for the same crime. Sometimes, black people even seem to be weirdly let off. At the end of Superbowl 51, when the trophy was being brought forward and was being carried through the players, it was being carried by a black man (I don't know who he was) and he clearly said "kiss this motherf*cking trophy" at least twice as everyone was trying to touch it as it went by. Can find nothing about this moment causing him to be fined nor is there any section labelled "controversies" on the Wiki page.

Gaga wasn't considered as much a joke back then as Miley was during her peak. But yeah, once again, someone can have crazy success from one demographic but totally despised by another. It's nothing new. I just said that Dead Petz wasn't supposed to be successful, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't have had amazing streams due to all the people who were into Bangerz. Drake puts out mixtapes all the time which aren't promoted or wildly released and he gets crazy streams. And I just said that Younger Now flopped because she wasn't being sexual, which is exactly what you're claiming. Just because people had grown bored of raunchy Miley didn't mean they wanted conservative Miley either. She just went too far in the opposite direction to have any real appeal to anyone. Even country fans were not demanding a country Miley album.

That wasn't internalised racism, this was reporting of facts from my research of the music industry. Deny it all you want, the facts are out there. And who are you kidding? I was actually making a point of saying in the last few years, being a pretty girl who sings a generic song is no longer a formula for instant success. It used to be, not anymore. It's almost all males at the top of the charts and white women especially are being irrelevant on these charts. Nicki literally broke into the charts by singing pop rap crossovers and she got hits with crap like Anaconda.

What? Black artists are totally in right now, the most they've ever been since 2007. What planet are you living on? Urban's the most popular genre around right now, with Beyonce, Drake, Migos, Rihanna, Kendrick, Bruno and Cardi being right at the top. Rihanna always gets hits, no matter how bad her songs are - she could fart into a mic and it could be a hit. She doesn't even have to work hard to promote to get them. It's highly unlikely that Bodak Yellow would've got to the top if it was sung by a white girl, she would've been called out for being basic. Cardi B's talents have been massively overrated because she's black and therefore, considered automatically good. If Iggy had sung the same song, it wouldn't been called wack. Yet, she gives the public good songs like Beg For It and Team and they pay them dust.

RodeckDanny

THanks madge anyways for introducing me to M.I.A. back then1

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Ibsen Ferreira
On 27/02/2018 at 12:13 PM, tomsches said:

I don't get why she collaborated with Madonna in the first place. To me she doesn't seem like someone who would work on something so commercial as a Madonna single.

cause she's madonna?

NCgaga
On 2/27/2018 at 7:42 PM, HausOfAmericano said:

sure jan

really? didn't you? it kinda sounds like you did

that's not the problem tho. the problem is, if it was a white performer showing their middle finger, NFL would've given it less atention. There were underage dancers showing their legs, why wasn't the traditional American family offended by that? 

Right....Because when three White Women (Britney, Madonna, and Christina) Kissed on stage, the whole world didn't fall apart. You are trying to make something racial, when it actually has nothing to do with it. God, like is that really your only argument? You can't show the middle finger on national television, period. 

lost in limbo
2 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Right....Because when three White Women (Britney, Madonna, and Christina) Kissed on stage, the whole world didn't fall apart. You are trying to make something racial, when it actually has nothing to do with it. God, like is that really your only argument? You can't show the middle finger on national television, period. 

except they kissed at the VMAs, not the Superbowl.

lost in limbo
10 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That's the whole point. He's been slammed despite not even doing anything actually controversial (unless you count the Prince projection when Prince was against that kinda thing). Surely, that's even more indicative than actually being slammed for doing something properly offensive?

no, just no. it's just that his performance was weak compared to previous performers. it has nothing to do with race.

11 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I assume you're talking about the "lots of black men have been accepted by the public for doing crimes?" As a rap fan to another rap fan, I assumed that you'd know enough names off the top of your head, but ok. Jay Z's the most obvious one, for shooting his brother aged 12 for stealing his jewellery as well as being gang affiliated and selling crack. And this was all before he became famous, so it goes that being black and having a criminal history doesn't reduce your chances of getting signed. Dr Dre famously battered Dee Barnes because he didn't like an article she wrote and has also been accused of numerous violence against women over the years (he and Eminem even joke about the altercation with Dee in Eminem's track, Guilty Conscience). 50 Cent was totally gang affiliated before he started out and already bore injuries as a result. R. Kelly (though more RnB than rap) got away with his proven rape of a 14 year old. He still releases albums and collabs to this day. Lots of rappers like Lil Wayne, T.I., Offset, etc. have maintained success despite multiple arrests and jail terms. Same for a lot of other current names.

yes, bc black men are less critized than black women. but let's be honest, that's just bc people have this image that all black men are criminals, so of course they're gonna let that pass over. they're talked badly about by media, but their listeners don't care bc 

a) they're sexist privileged men

b) they just listen to the music, regardless of the artist's past

That doesn't work the same for females

20 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You're seriously going to compare 2 different crimes? I think when sexual assault happens, a lot of people, though not everyone, really doesn't want to believe it did, so they come up with excuses as to why it can't be or wasn't as bad as it was made out. It just part of our culture not to believe the woman and yes, I've seen this happen to attackers of all races. But something about say, a man doing an armed robbery, is much easier to believe, though I don't know how. You'll notice in most of the cases where a black man was shot by police, he was committing a crime, running away, resisting arrest and simply not following police orders. Plenty of white people are shot by police for the same reasons. And plenty of white people have also been shot for being completely innocent. But somehow, when it happens to them, no one cares. More white people are shot annually by police and for the last time, no, population should have no bearing on this. Police have to do so much time consuming paperwork after they've shot a criminal. As such, they really won't want to do it unless it's absolutely necessary.

If it was a black man raping the girl, you know they would not care about whether they had good academic records/where good at certain things. 

i stopped reading at the "you'll notice in most of the cases where a black man was shot..." part. It's not true. Do you think BLM was created in support of criminals? you're being no better than the #AllLivesMatter people.

22 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

No, you're the one being oversensitive for thinking underprivileged people face discrimination that privileged people do not. You've actually got cases of white people being treated exactly the same for the same crime. Sometimes, black people even seem to be weirdly let off. At the end of Superbowl 51, when the trophy was being brought forward and was being carried through the players, it was being carried by a black man (I don't know who he was) and he clearly said "kiss this motherf*cking trophy" at least twice as everyone was trying to touch it as it went by. Can find nothing about this moment causing him to be fined nor is there any section labelled "controversies" on the Wiki page.

you're just racist, admit it. also, I highlighted that part bc it's just so dumb. what do you think "underprivileged" means? did you bang your head against the wall or something? 

if you know about this, then it was bc people knew about it. he didn't say to a mic nor did he cause that much outrage, you're just being dramatic.

25 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Gaga wasn't considered as much a joke back then as Miley was during her peak. But yeah, once again, someone can have crazy success from one demographic but totally despised by another. It's nothing new. I just said that Dead Petz wasn't supposed to be successful, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't have had amazing streams due to all the people who were into Bangerz. Drake puts out mixtapes all the time which aren't promoted or wildly released and he gets crazy streams. And I just said that Younger Now flopped because she wasn't being sexual, which is exactly what you're claiming. Just because people had grown bored of raunchy Miley didn't mean they wanted conservative Miley either. She just went too far in the opposite direction to have any real appeal to anyone. Even country fans were not demanding a country Miley album.

So what's your point here?

26 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That wasn't internalised racism, this was reporting of facts from my research of the music industry. Deny it all you want, the facts are out there. And who are you kidding? I was actually making a point of saying in the last few years, being a pretty girl who sings a generic song is no longer a formula for instant success. It used to be, not anymore. It's almost all males at the top of the charts and white women especially are being irrelevant on these charts. Nicki literally broke into the charts by singing pop rap crossovers and she got hits with crap like Anaconda.

That's why Fancy hit #1 in 2015, Halsey got a hit with Closer with the The Trashsmokers and Cardi B has four Top 10 entries early into her career. Being basic early into your career works.

11 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

What? Black artists are totally in right now, the most they've ever been since 2007. What planet are you living on? Urban's the most popular genre around right now, with Beyonce, Drake, Migos, Rihanna, Kendrick, Bruno and Cardi being right at the top. Rihanna always gets hits, no matter how bad her songs are - she could fart into a mic and it could be a hit. She doesn't even have to work hard to promote to get them. It's highly unlikely that Bodak Yellow would've got to the top if it was sung by a white girl, she would've been called out for being basic. Cardi B's talents have been massively overrated because she's black and therefore, considered automatically good. If Iggy had sung the same song, it wouldn't been called wack. Yet, she gives the public good songs like Beg For It and Team and they pay them dust.

Yeah, bc their audience are cishet men, who think they're the best. They're a huge part of the GP, and the GP only cares about their mistakes if they're huge enough.  No, she's overrated bc she's a female that's ruling the charts and stan culture needs her bc all females are doing nothing. Not bc she's black, genius.

aaronyoji

doesn't surprise me, madonna latches on to whatever hot artist there is at the time, when perez talks about gaga being a real life vampire, thats madonna. 

Alligator Blood
1 hour ago, HausOfAmericano said:

no, just no. it's just that his performance was weak compared to previous performers. it has nothing to do with race.

yes, bc black men are less critized than black women. but let's be honest, that's just bc people have this image that all black men are criminals, so of course they're gonna let that pass over. they're talked badly about by media, but their listeners don't care bc 

a) they're sexist privileged men

b) they just listen to the music, regardless of the artist's past

That doesn't work the same for females

If it was a black man raping the girl, you know they would not care about whether they had good academic records/where good at certain things. 

i stopped reading at the "you'll notice in most of the cases where a black man was shot..." part. It's not true. Do you think BLM was created in support of criminals? you're being no better than the #AllLivesMatter people.

you're just racist, admit it. also, I highlighted that part bc it's just so dumb. what do you think "underprivileged" means? did you bang your head against the wall or something? 

if you know about this, then it was bc people knew about it. he didn't say to a mic nor did he cause that much outrage, you're just being dramatic.

So what's your point here?

That's why Fancy hit #1 in 2015, Halsey got a hit with Closer with the The Trashsmokers and Cardi B has four Top 10 entries early into her career. Being basic early into your career works.

Yeah, bc their audience are cishet men, who think they're the best. They're a huge part of the GP, and the GP only cares about their mistakes if they're huge enough.  No, she's overrated bc she's a female that's ruling the charts and stan culture needs her bc all females are doing nothing. Not bc she's black, genius.

i'm at loss of words at how unbelievably dense you are

she's been giving you facts and evidence for the past 4 pages and you just keep dismissing everything with your typical SJW catchphrases and pull out shallow pretexts each time. You like to cover your ears and keep shouting "RACIST!!111!!!" and whatnot when all she's doing is using reason and being impartial. It's crazy how people like you will only support actual facts and proof when it benefits your own point of view.

I follow @StrawberryBlond 's posts on this website and she always discusses her points in an informed and pragmatic way. It's always ignorant uninformed users who always storm her with not well thought arguments which often consist in repeating the same popular sjw blogger chatter over and over and deliberately ignoring any rational stances and reality. Yall won't hesitate to label anyone racist, prejudiced, etc. unless they never criticize any minority group  of any kind in any way and never point out any crime patterns by said groups - not realizing by doing so you go against everything you pretend to stand for, and that you're the ones who are actually being ostracizing.

If you partecipate in these debates for the sake of looking politically correct to validate yourself and your reputation in your own social circle then i advice you to go back to tumblr to howl about how all "cishet" white men are pigs, the republicans are the devil and how black people are the ultimate victim while everyone else lives in a perfect privilidged bubble and stuff like that - or - you could actually inform yourself from reliable sources, rebuke that immature and embarrasing online mob mentality and so become able to have intelligent and balanced rational discussions. your choice

JoeMo

Please, this has got nothing to do with her race. MIA chose to use the middle finger. At a normal concert that of course would have been fine but this was the Super Bowl. She shouldn’t have done it. I’d be mad too if I was Madonna and I’m pretty sure everyone including her would have acted the same if it were a white female who did the same thing. 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

Alligator Blood
1 minute ago, JoeMo said:

Please, this has got nothing to do with her race. MIA chose to use the middle finger. At a normal concert that of course would have been fine but this was the Super Bowl. She shouldn’t have done it. I’d be mad too if I was Madonna. 

exactly^

it's like.. this simple :triggered:

Archived