Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

How Rihanna has Ruled Pop Radio Since 2005

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Rihanna is the most marketable artist in the industry. 

Talent doesn't always win. 

Edit: I don't mean this as shade. I'm not saying Rihanna is untalented I'm just stating that talent by itself doesn't always win

PSYCHOSHTICK

She used to release an album every single year and is always following the latest trends in music and fashion (if not setting them). No wonder she is successful.

Mirages
1 hour ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Take A Bow: #1

Why tho? Am I the only who doesn't like the song?

I'm the bitch that's fragile

She’s a multi-genre artist, so her music is played on other stations besides pop. Gaga’s music is only strictly sent to pop radio, so her exposure is less.

I really think Gaga should’ve been a feature on some urban artists. It would’ve given her more straight male fans and help with streaming.

Rihanna also has had a better team.

BYE

sipthistea
3 hours ago, Blond said:

Gaga,take notes :madge:

From Rihanna?

tenor.gif?itemid=8696398

More like Rihanna should take notes from Gaga of how to become a better and more hard working artist  and performer. 

sipthistea
2 hours ago, DeanWinchester said:

This is why an artist also needs hits when talking about legacy and legend status. It's not the only factor but it's an important one. Anybody who thinks otherwise is delusional.

You'll call me delusional, but many bands did not have that huge amount of hits like that, yet they are considered to be some of the best artists of all time. 

evgenigerm2
3 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

The Monster (Eminem song): #1

Bebe ha impact

giphy.gif

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

It's interesting how so many people dismissed her because she released so often and released so many singles and did so many features. Yet all of that is what has made her who she is.

On the flip side, it does have some drawbacks. I feel very few of those songs were a cultural moment, and I feel most people wouldn't be able to associate a song with an era/album. Good Girl Gone Bad and ANTI would be the exceptions as those have a distinct feel.

DeanWinchester
12 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

You'll call me delusional, but many bands did not have that huge amount of hits like that, yet they are considered to be some of the best artists of all time. 

i wont call you delusional but maybe you need to read my previous post more carefully

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Chuckles
8 hours ago, sipthistea said:

From Rihanna?

tenor.gif?itemid=8696398

More like Rihanna should take notes from Gaga of how to become a better and more hard working artist  and performer. 

Oh please, Rihanna might not be the best live performer but she is highly successful and entertaining plus Rih has a fashion/beauty legacy. Gaga should take notes from those... Happy bday Rih btw

DiscoStyx

Queen :diane:

Also, idk about the US but Te Amo was a hit in France/Europe, I'm surprised it's not up there

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

Ferrer Zorola

I might as well join the Navy since it’s less stressful and they get served constantly even out of album eras :selena:

LIFE IS GOOD

Cello

A blessed discography. I forget how good her music is :tony:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Archived