💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

DJ Snake disappointed in working with Gaga

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

DelusionalGaga

He's probably a jerk. We wondered for years why the whole thing with Joseph Kahn and the TEOG video didn't work out but now we know that he's an immature ape. With him it's probably the same

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yall are too quick to judge. I remember there were rumors that Fernando tried to take credit for a lot of Dj Snake's work and when he brought it up to the label (and maybe Gaga too) they allegedly dismissed him or something.

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

The same way Gaga's salty that she cancelled the duet with Kendrick and Cher?

It is only natural for an artist who have vision of what the want to feel insulted when their work are edited in certain way that ruin the illusion they want to show with it. I don't think you can fault DJ Snake to feel what he felt.

I mean the common consensus is that if you are working for somebody else, you should really leave your ego at the door. He's not the one singing & touring the world with Bloody Mary and Sexxx Dreams, ultimately his name isn't gonna be attached to the final product (even if he shows up in the credits and gets coins from it). He's helping to make someone else's visions come true, not his own. Essentially he's just an employee. That's totally different from Gaga scrapping collabs that are also gonna fall back on her artistry and brand. (Not to mention that Partynauseous was scrapped by Kendrick and not Gaga)

I mean, do you see headlines of canvas manufacturerers going like "we really don't like how picasso painted on our canvases, it wasn't our intention to have them used like this"?

RAMROD
Just now, Supersonic said:

I mean the common consensus is that if you are working for somebody else, you should really leave your ego at the door. He's not the one singing & touring the world with Bloody Mary and Sexxx Dreams, ultimately his name is gonna be attached to the final product (even if she shows up in the credits and gets coin from it). He's helping to make someone else's visions come true, not his own. Essentially he's just an employee. 

I mean, do you see headlines of canvas manufacturerers going like "we really don't like how picasso painted on our canvases, it wasn't our intention to have them used like this"?

Producers are not employee though, even technically, it is a collab between musician.To call them that because they are working with somebody who uses music they produced are incredibly rude and degrading. Without them all these vocalists and sing writer would sing to nothing. And just like collab, both party need to be in agreement before they release a song. If the producer wake up the next day to find the song released not just having it sound different that what the end result was, but also not being tipped off that they would do so is not very pleasant feeling.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Dominic
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Producers are not employee though, even technically, it is a collab between musician.To call them that because they are working with somebody who uses music they produced are incredibly rude and degrading. Without them all these vocalists and sing writer would sing to nothing. And just like collab, both party need to be in agreement before they release a song. If the producer wake up the next day to find the song released not just having it sound different that what the end result was, but also not being tipped off that they would do so is not very pleasant feeling.

This tbh. Gaga has always been very vocal that her work with producers has always been a mutual collaboration. Not just an employee/er relationship. I dont see any saltiness or bitterness in the OP.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Supersonic
15 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Being called an employee is degrading? :poot: It's not degrading, it's a job. You are hired to do a job according to your skills & portfolio. It's comissionairy work. Like... what if every graphic designer claimed artistic ownership over everything they ever designed as a comission and then went to to drag the brands they worked for because they don't like how their logo was used. Like... a deal is dependant on two people. 

If you connect with somebody on an emotional level and the idea that's within your heart mirrors the idea of the person that hired you, then it's great, but like this happens in the rarest cases. And it's obvious that this hasn't happened between DJ Snake & Gaga since they only have like 2-3 tracks together. He was there while the song was recorded and they legally can't release it if he just says no, or otherwise they'd have to cut the portion he worked on and rework the song. He consented to this. If you go into songwriting and producing sessions without checking your ego, you are in for a rude awakening. Like... this is GAGA's song he was working on, not his. He doesn't have the final say per definition. And that does not devalue his work as a musician either, it just says he's not the boss.

Lord Temptation

He sounds like a lost little boy.

I think he just upset that Mother has a bigger DIC than him :stalkga:

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

This tbh. Gaga has always been very vocal that her work with producers has always been a mutual collaboration. Not just an employee/er relationship. I dont see any saltiness or bitterness in the OP.

....those two terms are not mutually exclusive. You can have a mutual collaboration in a employee/boss relationship.

Irrelevant

DJ Snake: He described Gaga as someone with "a strong personality but at the same time, she is one hell of a talented person." DJ Snake also shared a bit of her work ethic: "Lady Gaga is working with a very closed team. She is super professional. What she wants is to bring fresh music. She's the best pop artiste today in terms of creativity and talent. She does not follow the hype, she's the hype."

Gaga is not always perfect. He loves her, but people have negatives too.

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

NIGHTCRAWLER
3 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

this was AP from 2 years ago :cryga:

that's why I put it in throwback, duh. Many people did not seem to know about this

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

from 3:43. Put the subtitles.

Basically he's saying that he was disappointed in working with Gaga cause he did not feel respected and he did not received enough credit.
He also said "there's a lot of things I can't tell but I was fed up with it", what did he mean ? :gum:

Who does remember this, and what are your thoughts on it?? 

Well. Maybe with the subtitles it’s a bit different but I speak French so i got it a bit in a different way (Any French Monsters feeling like me?)

It wasn’t against Gaga herself/ against the artist. I think it was much more about other people. He was speaking that he was obsessed cause they changed everything and didn’t appreciate what he did. But wasn’t that Gaga’s feelings too? I remember some story’s that they changed everything up during ARTPOP and she was kind of pissed (I think one of those songs was Marry Jane Hollande)

But in conclusion he just criticize the work with big artists wich basically includes ALL the people working on it. And well I think it’s not a secret that music buisiness is a hard business so I am not that shooketh about what he said.

And in general, okay he is friendly, he does good music and has a good spirit but well If you can’t handel working with big labels you shouldn’t give them the fault... It’s hard with big labels and you should know that. If you don’t, then music buisiness isn’t your thing.

And btw. He says it himself that he wasn’t ready and that back then he wasn’t a big deal and that now after having some big bops he can work with big artists again, cause then they listen to him. Wich is normal I mean. This has nothing to do, idk, with a Diva attitude from Gaga’s side at all.

(But he’s not against Gaga personally in this interview to answer the question)

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

The Fame Monster

Could it be that Gaga wants to follow her own artistic vision and the producers working with her may not always agree with her decisions, and they get angry or something?

Find your freedom in the music

NIGHTCRAWLER
12 minutes ago, NicoK said:

Well. Maybe with the subtitles it’s a bit different but I speak French so i got it a bit in a different way (Any French Monsters feeling like me?)

It wasn’t against Gaga herself/ against the artist. I think it was much more about other people. He was speaking that he was obsessed cause they changed everything and didn’t appreciate what he did. But wasn’t that Gaga’s feelings too? I remember some story’s that they changed everything up during ARTPOP and she was kind of pissed (I think one of those songs was Marry Jane Hollande)

But in conclusion he just criticize the work with big artists wich basically includes ALL the people working on it. And well I think it’s not a secret that music buisiness is a hard business so I am not that shooketh about what he said.

And in general, okay he is friendly, he does good music and has a good spirit but well If you can’t handel working with big labels you shouldn’t give them the fault... It’s hard with big labels and you should know that. If you don’t, then music buisiness isn’t your thing.

And btw. He says it himself that he wasn’t ready and that back then he wasn’t a big deal and that now after having some big bops he can work with big artists again, cause then they listen to him. Wich is normal I mean. This has nothing to do, idk, with a Diva attitude from Gaga’s side at all.

(But he’s not against Gaga personally in this interview to answer the question)

I actually am French as well and that's how I understood it as well

Archived