💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Mariah Carey

Smile

Favorite Mariah Carey album  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Mariah Carey album?

• Mariah Carey
    • Emotions
    • Music Box
    • Merry Christmas
    • Daydream
    • Butterfly
    • Rainbow
    • Glitter (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)
    • Charmbracelet
    • The Emancipation of Mimi
    • E=MC²
    • Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
    • Merry Christmas II You

Featured Posts

I've listened to nothing but Mariah for two months, and I mean NOTHING. :giveup:

Edited by Andres

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smile

• Andres

• HeyItsKyKy

• M C

Top Posters In This Topic

saw this on MariahDaily

Mariah to Reunite With Afanassief??

The name Walter Afanasieff is not a household name, which I've recently learned is a shame. I had never heard his name until yesterday, but after typing it into the Internet, learning that he was important enough to merit a Wikipedia page (no photo, though, so ... ), and reading that he worked with an impressive list of artists, it became clear that I needed to know more. He spent the 1980s recording with the likes of Aretha Franklin, Lionel Richie, Whitney Houston, and Patti LaBelle. But as his discography reached the '90s, there's one name that routinely appears over and over again: Mariah Carey.

The work that these two did together in a 10-year span is remarkable. Below, a short list of their collaborations:

• Mariah Carey (1990): Afanasieff: Keyboards, Programmer

"Love Takes Time" (1990): Afanasieff: Producer

• Emotions (1991): Afanasieff: Producer, Composer, Arranger, Keyboards, Programming

"Can't Let Go" (1991): Carey/Afanasieff: Writer/Producer

• MTV Unplugged (1992): Afanasieff: Producer, Composer, Arranger, Keyboards

• Music Box (1993): Afanasieff: Producer, Arranger, Keyboards, Programming

"Dreamlover" (1993): Afanasieff: Producer

"Hero" (1994): Carey/Afanasieff: Writer/Producer

"Endless Love" w/ Luther Vandross (1994): Afanasieff: Producer

"Anytime You Need a Friend" (1994): Carey/Afanasieff: Writer/Producer

• Merry Christmas (1994): Afanasieff: Producer, Composer, Arranger, Programming

"All I Want for Christmas Is You": Carey/Afanasieff: Writer/Producer

• Daydream (1995): Afanasieff: Producer, Arranger, Keyboards, Programming

"One Sweet Day," featuring Boyz II Men: Carey/Afanasieff: Producer

• Butterfly (1997): Afanasieff: Producer, Arranger, Keyboards, Programming

"My All" (1998): Carey/Afanasieff: Writer/Producer

While all of these are important, three of her biggest, most iconic songs are the ones that they wrote and/or produced together ("Hero," "One Sweet Day," "All I Want for Christmas Is You"). So there's no denying Afanasieff's influence on her career and music in general (he also produced The Bodyguard soundtrack and a little song called "My Heart Will Go On").

Why am I bringing all of this up in the middle of June, 2012? This tweet:

-Isabella Afanasieff (@BellaAfanasieff) June 16, 2012

Who is this? Answer: Isabella Afanasieff, daughter of Walter. The "her" in question? Mariah Carey.

Just scrolling through Isabella's Twitter account will probably make you wish you were incapable of the clicking motion, seeing that it screams, "Look at me, my dad is kind of famous, screw you for not believing that he's my dad, let your haters be your motivators #TeamBreezy." But it does seem like she's telling the truth. At the Internet's Grantland, we're not the biggest fans of unconfirmed rumors, but this is one we'll take the bait on, simply because it's just too important should it turn out to be true.

Is yet another Mariah reinvention under way, this time with the man who helped make her a timeless legend? Yes, please. I swear, Isabella, if you're making this up, be prepared to have 30 torch-wielding staff members at your door clutching copies of Emotions.

MDJ Note: This information has not been confirmed or denied by Mariah or anyone on her staff at this time.

hmmmm, interesting

Edited by Smile

If those rumors are true, then I'm excited! Mariah's songs with Afanasieff are still some of my absolute favorites by her.

HeyItsKyKy

Oh, I hope that's true. Ugh, I'm so ready for MC Summer 2012 to start.

• 3 weeks later...

Mariah hits the studio with Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins

Mariah made some magic in the studio last night with producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, as documented via their respective Twitter accounts.

From Mariah:

and then later:

From Rodney:

071312-mc-rodney-studio-1.jpg

Also, earlier this morning, Mariah tweeted a photo of herself on the way home from the studio, with the caption "Writing lyrics in the car on the way to see Dem Babies waking up."

071312-mc-car.jpg

Edited by Smile

News coming TOMORROW?!??!

Last month, Mariah tweeted to let us all know to expect something new for #MCSummer2012. Now it seems the moment we've been waiting for may be arriving soon! Moments ago, Team Mariah tweeted to let us know to stay tuned for an announcement tomorrow!

Team Mariah: #MCSummer2012 Tune in tomorrow!

Mariah announces new single "Triumphant (Get 'Em)"

As announced by Mariah via her Twitter account:

@MariahCarey: So I can finally announce to you that my new single is coming out early August! It's called TRIUMPHANT (Get 'Em) ft. Rick Ross & Meek Mill.

@MariahCarey: I wrote TRIUMPHANT when I was going through a difficult time & it helped me get through it. When u hear it, pay attention 2 the lyrics #WIN

triumphant.jpg

yess she's back! :excited2:

Girrr

I don't know how I feel about the collaboration, but I'm sure it will be great nonetheless! :)

Hoping this is brilliant. I've been getting into her a lot more lately and exploring her back-catalogue because I knew the hits and own her more recent albums (Emancipation onwards) but really want to get to know her material more.

More on new single "Triumphant (Get 'Em)"

Earlier today, Mariah took to Twitter to announce the title of her new single, "Triumphant." As per her official site, the song was co-written and co-produced by Mariah, Jermaine Dupri, and Bryan Michael-Cox.

JD and Bryan are more than excited about the new song, as expressed on their respective Twitter pages:

Jermaine Dupri:

Bryan Michael-Cox:

People who have heard the song have described it as an uptempo, urban track with a great inspirational message!

Mariah confirmed as American Idol judge :///////////////////

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/23/mariah-carey-american-idol/

not happy about this. she's waaaaay too legendary to be doing this kinda stuff

• Mills locked this topic