💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Mariah Carey

Smile

Favorite Mariah Carey album  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Mariah Carey album?

• Mariah Carey
    • Emotions
    • Music Box
    • Merry Christmas
    • Daydream
    • Butterfly
    • Rainbow
    • Glitter (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)
    • Charmbracelet
    • The Emancipation of Mimi
    • E=MC²
    • Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
    • Merry Christmas II You

Featured Posts

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smile

• Andres

• HeyItsKyKy

• M C

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently one of the people working on the project say we get new music this Summer.

I'm thinking they probably mean "Mesmerized" from that movie, or I guess a new single. Guess we'll find out soon!

Quick Sand

Am I the only one still upset about the cancellation of the Angels Advocate remix album? :cry:

http://twitter.com/#!/iammikemuse

He says she sung a new song tonight for Obama that she wrote during the sound check! He's uploading a video.

yeah the song is called Bring It On Home

Mariah tweeted this about it:

Just finished performing Hero, We Belong Together and BRING IT ON HOME - a song I wrote especially for the Obama For America event at the Plaza in NY. Wishing I could put this out! "Strength is what we need and love keeps us alive..."

also...

Music consultant Joey Arbagey is on board for Mariah's new album, and he recently took to his Twitter to let the fans know that we are in store for quite a treat this summer!

Arbagey, a force in the music industry for the past 22 years, is currently in A&R at Universal Music Group. Previously, he worked with Mariah for remixes of "It's Like That" and "All I Want For Christmas Is You," as well as A&R for "Say Somethin'."

Earlier this week, Mariah tweeted a photo of herself and Arbagey "pon de studio," to which Arbagey replied "Let's get this pop club lamb party started! :)"

Upon further inquiry from fans via Twitter, Arbagey revealed the following:

• i think you will love what's next from MC!

• huge vocals is a understatement! :)

• MC Summer 2012!

When asked specifically if he can say when we might find out what he and Mariah did, Arbagey replied "stay tuned."

^ yep i'm pretty sure that will be her logo this era! i like it. it's ...gritty? but glamorous at the same time. looks different from anything she has ever done before

here is a better picture of the logo: https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2319457882/fn2chcge7d9bi4atn3y5.jpeg

also, LaMont DS Dominguez (@dlstrothers716) tweeted this, and Mariah retweeted it:

YES!!! @MariahCarey just made it official ...‪#MCsummer2012‬ ... I can't wait, UBER EXCITED!!!!!!! :) <3

i'm guessing she's settled on a release date then!

also, not album news, but this is exciting for me as an MJ stan anyway

Mariah with Spike Lee celebrating the Bad 25 anniversary eeeeeeeee!

tumblr_m5uth7Efbj1qlwpvno1_500.jpg

Here with the legendary filmmaker Spike Lee, sharing a special moment honoring Michael Jackson's BAD 25th anniversary. pic.twitter.com/cXDgZ5k0

— Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) June 19, 2012

ahh this is such a great day! :DD

round-up of what we know Mariah has been working on lately:

• In January, Nick Cannon confirmed that Mariah returned to the studio to begin working on her new album: "She's rejuvenated and ready to start sharing some of the amazing new music she has been making in the studio!"

• Shortly thereafter, DJ Clue indicated via Twitter that he will be a part of the new record: "@DJCLUE: She hit me yesterday about that..so Yes RT @ThiagoHonorato: @DJCLUE will you be working with Mariah in her new album? I hope so. :)"

• Bryan Michael Cox is also involved with the project, as confirmed with photos of them in the studio together. In April, Mariah tweeted the photos with the enthusiastic caption "Break time at the studio with me, @Mr_Dupri and B. Cox.. giving you pip!"

• Other confirmed collaborators on the new album include Randy Jackson and Loris Holland (Merry Christmas, "I Am Free"). Mariah tweeted a photo with them in the studio: "In the studio, recording w/ Randy Jackson, Loris Holland & some truly amazing musicians. Can't wait till u hear it,LYM!"

• In May, Mariah announced that she has written and recorded a song called "Mesmorized" for the Lee Daniels film The Paperboy. It is not clear if this song will be on Mariah's new record, or released separately.

• Shortly thereafter, Mariah took to her Twitter to share the following announcement: "Lambily! Got some nice new surprises coming your way soon! Shhhhhhh for now: ) "excitement!""

• Also in May, DJ David Morales suggested via his Twitter that he may be collaborating with Mariah again: "@DJDavidMorales: Do I smell a new DM and MC collaboration??????"

Since this tweet on May 24, nothing further has been said to confirm or deny this implication.

• Last week, music consultant Joey Arbagey replied to a photo Mariah tweeted of him and her in the studio together. At first he simply said ""Let's get this pop club lamb party started!" and upon fan inquiries he further indicated that "i think you will love what's next from MC!... huge vocals is a understatement!... MC Summer 2012!"

The logo sort of reminds me of The Emancipation of Mimi...Which is a VERY good thing.

HeyItsKyKy

So excited! I'm ready for MC to come back big, at this point she doesn't need "Mimi" to be emancipated again, she's had so many things going for her lately, marriage, childbirth, etc, so I'm hoping this album is full of energy and good-vibes. And her voice has been sounding great lately, so I'm sure she'll be delivering on this upcoming album. And today's the start of summer, so let's hope this music comes soon.

• Mills locked this topic