Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift wins Copyright Lawsuit for 'Shake It Off'

Green Detox

Featured Posts

Green Detox

A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit Tuesday that accused Taylor Swift of copyright infringement on her hit song “Shake It Off.”

Songwriters Sean Hall and Nathan Butler brought the suit last fall, arguing that the chorus of the song borrowed from their 2001 composition, “Playas Gon’ Play.”

In his ruling, Judge Michael W. Fitzgerald held that combining the phrases, “Playas gonna play” and “haters gonna hate,” does not entail sufficient originality to warrant copyright protection.

“By 2001, American popular culture was heavily steeped in the concepts of players, haters, and player haters,” Fitzgerald wrote. “The concept of actors acting in accordance with their essential nature is not at all creative; it is banal.”

http://variety.com/2018/music/news/taylor-swift-player-hater-dismiss-1202697663/

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Kulture Kiari

I read this online somewhere else, and it stated that the final court date would be Feb 26th, and that the judge had called the lyrics too basic. Let me see if I can find that article.

Edit: Here's the article I read:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/taylor-swifts-lyrics-are-too-lame-to-copyright-judge-rules?source=TDB&via=FB_Page 

RAMROD

I mean, that is baseless reason to sue TS based on those very general stuff. I hope TS is as petty as Gaga when some girl trying to sue her for Judas or something, and Gaga won (obviously) and besides receiving $$, Gaga asked the girl to pay for the entire the court fees too lmao

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ I've Become A Notorious Being (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Isn't hater gonna hate is a phrase of Miranda Sing?:laughga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

1 minute ago, GagaInTheZone said:

haters back off ? 

yeah this and haters gonna hate, but anyway not Taylor or those 2 guys who sued her created hater gonna hate..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

GypsyBabe
32 minutes ago, Green Detox said:

combining the phrases, “Playas gonna play” and “haters gonna hate,” does not entail sufficient originality to warrant copyright protection.

:ladyhaha:

⚯͛

Green Detox
18 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I mean, that is baseless reason to sue TS based on those very general stuff. I hope TS is as petty as Gaga when some girl trying to sue her for Judas or something, and Gaga won (obviously) and besides receiving $$, Gaga asked the girl to pay for the entire the court fees too lmao

I remember that. BlingGa didn't play:firega:

KleinGa
47 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I don't blame the good sis Stefani. 

Wasting her time and money on dumb cases smh 

we could we could belong together bling pop 

twigsnasty
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

lmaoo gaga don't play around

She had her time wasted. She could've been working on a #1 hit single that never happened for ARTPOP:laughga::giveup:

Archived